• Bondage shows? Burlesque shows?

Frankie21 [sign in to see picture]

So....

Just got back from Amsterdam where we caught one of the sex shows. Some of it was downright rubbish (the couple having sex bouncing along in time to the music....distinctly unsexy) but we did like the burlesque show which had lots of audience participation.

We'd also like to see a bondage show (yes, I know there are clubs but we're not quite yet at the stage where we're ready to join in.)

Can anybody recommend anything like the above? Not even sure something like a bondage show exists.....

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I suspect you might need to find a local munch where you might be able to access this kind of information.

Does it need to be a live show? Or would Internet fill the gap?

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

@Frankie21 - Bulresque shows are pretty easy to source nowadays with the big boom in the last few years. If you do a quick Google search for 'local burlesque' in your area, I bet you get tons of results. The other thing you can go is check out videos of UK burlesque dancers on YouTube - most performers have a show reel to give you a taste of their acts. Sift through to see what sort of show appeals to you, and which dancers you like, and then check out their websites / Facebook pages for tour dates. Most of the best dancers perform around the country so they may even perform near you. I love going to burlesque and find the entire experience an absolute thrill! I hope you find some shows to check out :) Once you discover a few burlesque dancers, I'll bet you'll soon have a long list of favourites!

As for Bondage shows, I would suggest looking up any nearby fetish clubs, or failing that look up a few alternative fairs and events. The networking you can do at those event is brilliant: I often come away with a plethora of cards and flyers for upcoming shows to look out for. You could take a look at the list of performers at the London Fetish Fair for inspiration, and have a look at any upcoming shows they're performing at to see if any are local to you / tickle your fancy! I know of a few Latex/Fetish performers who tour, but not specifically Bondage. If I come across anyone, I'll be sure to let you know! One more tip: Subscribe to a fetish / bondage magazine. There are loads of great online and actual, real paper magazines to subscribe to. If you rather it not come in the post, get an e-mag. My subscriptions keep me up to date with all the upcoming shows, events and get-togethers in the area and it stops me having to Google everything!

Anyway - hope that helps, and maybe I'll see you at a show some-day!

Frankie21 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Jess

Thanks for all your suggestions - really helpful. We'll definitely have a look at everything and see what we can find that meets our needs!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.