• women with curves Vs. skiny

regular_john [sign in to see picture]

In my experience, 'curvy' is normally a term fat women use to make themselves feel better. Obviously I can't speak for all men, but I really don't find flab to be remotely attractive, not that there's anything wrong with it but it's just not right for me.

However, I would take flab over bony any day of the week, and the 'thigh gap' that young women seem to be going for these days is repulsive.

To me, curvy means boobs, hips (hourglass), and a nice tight bum - all of which are absolutely lovely.

scorpiosami [sign in to see picture]

I think it depends on your own definitions of skinny and curvy. Some people use curvy to mean women of a certain size, some use it to simply mean the fram of a woman who has perhaps larger hips. I have always been an average sized female, varying between a 10-14 and always had large hips but not always been healthy. I think this is much more important. A woman with a sense of self-confidence and comfortable in their body shape will have a greater impact on the male, leaving more of a memory.

Annsie [sign in to see picture]

I thought the LH forums were nice and not discriminatory.
    Nice to know that so many men would NEVER want to be in bed with someone with my body shape, and if they did, it's only for a one night stand.
    I have a thigh gap. I also have a BMI that hovers around 19. It falls in the HEALTHY range.

Marilyn Monroe was CURVY. She also had a 22inch waist and would be around a UK size 6/8.

MrsMcX, I could not agree with you more. HEALTHY is sexy. Fat =/= curvy. A relatively smaller waist compared to boobs and ass = curvy. Thin women can be curvy. Fat women can be curvy. Other than that - just call it what it is. Fat, thin, average, etc.

Not gonna lie, I'm finding some of the comments on here outright disgusting. People can have different opinions on who they find sexy without putting other body-shapes down by calling them repulsive and disgusting.

flaneur [sign in to see picture]

I'm afraid I can't take BMI seriously and I don't understand why it's so widely used. http://johnbarban.com/bmi-chart-what-is-all-the-fuss-about/

As far as being ideal goes, you're never going please anyone. There will always be some people who don't want to be in bed with you for plenty of reasons, there's quite a lot of people who wouldn't be in bed with someone my size too, so what I don't need them.

I'm quite happy for people to share the opinion on what their attractive body shape is. If they don't say it, they'll be thinking it anyway.

Annsie [sign in to see picture]

That wasn't my point at all.
    Unless you're a bodybuilder, BMI tends to be accurate enough.

I was commenting on the use of 'curves' and how way too many people in this thread thought it was a good idea to call certain body-shapes 'repulsive' and deciding that thinner women must be starving themselves.

Let's make something clear here - are we talking fat vs skinny?
    Or women with actual curves? I have a WHR of 0.71 - according to studies and science and stuff, it's the healthy ideal. Would you call women with rolls of fat 'curvy' just because they have 'meat on their bones'? Are women not allowed to be classified as 'curvy' just because they have a thigh gap and happen to be a size 8?

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

Depends on the woman not just generalised exterior features

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

MRSmcx & Annsie, I agree healthy is sexy but the thread was asking men what they think and I think most men would associate curvy to mean hour glass and slightly larger bum and breasts. Where as women would probably think this for them to mean slightly chubby. I think it's a man / woman body image thing.

I also feel we have slightly derailed the thread by turning it into a mild feminism thing when it was actually supposed to be light hearted.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Everyone is lovely and gorgeous in their own way fat, skinny, tall or short. It's what inside that counts.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

GG, I'm extremely sorry that my opinion is too feminist for your liking and I seem to have de-railed the fun nature of the thread. In future I'll keep my opinions on the matter to myself, and not care at all if anyone ends up suffering like what I do.

I would absolutely hate for anyone to go through what I have to go through on a daily basis, and if that is too feminist for you, then shame on you! My input is not feminist, my input is the result of 10 hours a week of therapy for the last 9 years. The way that I am is because of the way the world looks at people nowadays, there's so much pressure to conform, and this thread just shows it. I'm the only person that has said healthy as an option, everyone thinks we need to be a certain shape, and that's disgraceful. The amount of people, moreso young girls, diagnosed with BDD every year is increasing and all I want to do is stop this suffering. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

MRSmcx I do understand and value always your opinion. Also it is with great consideration that I posted a reply to you. I do have empathy for you and I think as we have posted on each other before that you know I understand and agree that the pressure on girls and body image is wrong and very upsetting. Which is why started the Labiaplasty thread.
    I do think you are blinded by your issues and suffering. Two other people before you posted healthy loulou and Matt. The Thread was started by NM who is a strong woman who has had a lot to go through herself. She was asking a light hearted question, most of us regulars as Subby put it knew that no good would come of it. The sight is about sex and body image will always come up and it will always be tough for you and many others. Where better to discuss it with people who care but in this instant it was light hearted.

MattB wrote:

I'd say just healthy is good for me - so long as they lie somewhere larger than "worryingly skinny" and smaller than "noticably overweight" then I'm happy.

But if absolutely pushed I'd have to say that slighty muscled with a hint of padding.

Also, remember that even when it comes to 'perfection' that a man's opinion on what's his favourite to look at might not be quite the same as what's his favourite to touch...

loulou1997 wrote:

I love a curvy woman. Somthing to cuddle. But as long as they are healthy and happy they can be whatever size they like. Its not for me or anyone else to tell them how too look :) everyones beautiful! Xxx

MattB wrote:

I'd say just healthy is good for me - so long as they lie somewhere larger than "worryingly skinny" and smaller than "noticably overweight" then I'm happy.

But if absolutely pushed I'd have to say that slighty muscled with a hint of padding.

Also, remember that even when it comes to 'perfection' that a man's opinion on what's his favourite to look at might not be quite the same as what's his favourite to touch...

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

I don't think a thread like this can ever be lighthearted. Whether intended that way or not.

It's all well and good having preferences for what we each find attractive, which many of us do, even if it's being more inclined towards blondes or loving people with brown eyes. But the way some people voice there views can be quite cutting to those who don't conform to their likes. Whether this is a personal attack or not it understandably makes people get defensive, which in turn stops the thread being lighthearted. This will always happen I think.

Some of the comments on here have made me really angry on a personal level, as they show a total ignorance for why some women are the shape they are. Assuming that if you are thin you must never eat and if you are overweight you must never stop. Yes those people do exist, of course they do, but there are a many women who are the shape they are naturally and cannot change, or would struggle at possible cost to their health to do so.

As Mrs says, healthy is where it is at.

Seeing as I have decided to have a mini rant, I may as well add, that as a slim woman naturally, I really hate the word skinny. Mostly because it is used more often like this 'you are far too skinny', it is always used against me.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Confidence is what's sexy in a women. Doesn't matter what size they are

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.