• Vaginal repair advice

Frances [sign in to see picture]

Not very sexy I'm afraid but since having two kids I have a bit of a prolapse and things are not as they once were. Have been discussing vaginal repair (may have to include hysterectomy) with consultant. I basically want to know how long you have to avoid sex after the op and what to expect afterwards. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

There was a similar thread on this last week: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/971288-vaginal-prolapse/

I haven't got any personal experiences but I hope that thread is useful. Oh, and welcome to the Forum :)

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Hi Frances,
    My doctor told me that most women who've had natural births have some degree of prolapse by the time they're in their 40's.Lots of these are quite mild cases that can be helped from getting worse by regular pelvic floor exercises. I was surprised to find it was so common and usually only picked up during a routine pelvic exam.
    It would seem that vaginal repairs often go hand in hand with a hysterectomy.
    When I had my hysterectomy last year I was told absolutely no penetrative sex for 6weeks , not sure of it might be longer for a repair as I didn't have one.

naughty mum [sign in to see picture]

It is the same rule for repair and hysterectomy. Been there myself so know it is a long road. Don't underestimate how much this type of op will take out of you.... It will be worth it though in the end. I suffered 12 years with the condition, and had the two ops in one last year. Best choice I made..... And nowci am hornier than a teenager at 42😂😇

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

You're absolutely right nm, it is a major op but well worth it in the end. I was worried that it might affect orgasms and doctors seem strangely reluctant to talk about this but for me personally there's been no problems in that area. Although I was reluctant to have it done at the time I'm now glad I did.

Catastrophic [sign in to see picture]

Abdominal massage!!! I did a course on it earlier this year and it puts everthing back into place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdHhNwYiuSw I just did a quick youtube search but this seems to explain the techniques well.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.