• Anal douching and condoms

Sinner [sign in to see picture]

Can you recommend an anal douche, if indeed I need one and should we be using a condom during anal penetration?

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sinner,

As Scorpi has already kindly posted, there are some excellent guides from Lovehoney, as well as a weath of knowledge from our lovely members.

In terms of douche, I use http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952

It's cheap, it's simple but it's effective.

A quick guide to douching, is to make sure that you do it after a 'movement' and make sure that between the time of douching and having anal sex, that you do not eat anything, otherwise you'll do all that work for nothing!

Generally the body takes care of most things, so you should only need a light gentle rinse using just some warm water (if it's too hot/cold, it can do some nasty damage inside, so be careful!)

Also, you don't want to go too far - if you douche too high up, you'll actually trigger a 'movement', and again, means you'll be back to square one!

The douche I linked to above is perfect for light douching, you really can't go wrong with it.

As for condoms that's down to your personal preference. STDs can still be contracted through anal sex, so it's up to you and your partner to make that decision. If it's just a cleanliness factor, then it won't hurt - this is your choice.

jackjohn [sign in to see picture]

both are a matter of taste (haha) and/or personal preference.

mrs jj and i have never used a douche or a condom in 20 years. just take a dump first and be aware that anal play can stimulate a bowel movement.

the worse that'll happen is that you will want to take a dump. you can always wash up and carry on afterwards.

a little mess on the odd toy isn't a problem either. use plenty of soap and water.

to us, it seems healthier not to disturb the bowel by rinsing it out (although there's gunna be lube and/or semen). dealing with any mess is pretty rare.

remember to wash yourselves afterwards, and have fun.

sexyboyjames [sign in to see picture]

I generally douche till only clear water is coming out, and i do this 2/3 hours before anal play. Never had any issues with this method.

NWTVFiona [sign in to see picture]

Lots of advice and links here that are excellent. All carry the same basic information and help.

My personal pref is this because its stainless steel its easy to keep clean and free from any germs etc...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22625

Althought there is no reason wht the cleaning process itself can't stimulate and be fun too and have been looking at this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28795

Mainly because of the middle attachment.

I tend not to use the pump type douches as they can introduce a lot of air into your rectum which can be awkward sometimes.

I tend to deep clean douche a few hrs before intense anal play and I don't do it too often at max twice a week. You can control how far up you take any water by pushing down as if going to the toilet.

Condoms is a persoanl choice really... We don't use them for anal sex with each other but of course we defeintky do if we engage in it with anyone else!! A must ! And never go anal to vaginal sex without cleaning even if using a condom..

One other point not seen mentioned is that someone years ago told me that if you stay away from Fatty foods a day or 2 before anal play then it makes it easier for cleaning...Also after anal play if you eat yoghurt it help replace an good bacteria in your gut.

Anyway all sounds alot to tke in but its worth it to feel relaxed and confident during anal play...

Enjoy !!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.