• Moisturising shaven bits?

Yes man [sign in to see picture]

This is a bit of a continuation of a couple of previous threads. Last week "her whom must be obeyed" "asked" me to shave my bits, I have done this before but on reading the male shaving thread and seeing how many do it I have decided to keep it this way, When I was done my OH asked if I was going to moisturise because she does as she's also always bald, being a typical man I laughed it off but after todays shave I am a little razor sore, I was just wondering If any men out there moisturise and if they do what they might use, ie male shaving moisturiser or there OH's moisturiser? Girls tips welcome as well as you will probably know a lot more than us mere mortal men!

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

To be honest Yes Man, when you shave frequently the shaving rash goes away by itself. I usually shave in the shower every two/three days and I don't get rash very often anymore.

When I first started, I did get rash, and sometimes if I don't keep on top of it and I shave after a while I get rash again, so I use this...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921

It's really effective and leaves you feeling really soft!!

Trouble Loves Me [sign in to see picture]

Anything which isn't too chemically will do fine, I use anything from Lush as they tend to be natural products rather than anything that will irritate things further.
    Also a good shaving foam is a must, it really can reduce razor burn.
    Good luck!

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

My OH has to moisturise afterwards or he gets a terrible shaving rash (everywhere on his body) He uses something from the Body Shop that's meant for after shaving

BrumGuy [sign in to see picture]

Use a good razor, an adjustable or a readily available multi blade razor. Start with a hot wash and use a good shaving soap or gell. Dont use a perfumed soap as this can iritate and cause a razor rash. Shave with the growth then against the growth.If shaving against first then there is a chance that it will try lifting the hair stubble and cause a rash. Rinse all soap off, pat dry and apply moisturiser. I've tried all sorts from Boots, Body Shop and Nivea. Just recently I've been using a tub from the 99p shop its an olive oil emulsion with liquid parafine, and must say that it's been realy good, as good as some costing 10x more it absorbes quick no added perfum so it wont iritate clash or spoil any body spray or aftershave. So it's face, chest then bits. Job done.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

Straight up 100% coconut oil... had many benefits and is an amazing moisturiser too... and it's cheaper and chemical free

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Both me and my hubby use bulldog skincare for shaving and moisturising our bits.

Yes man [sign in to see picture]

The OH has sudjested using baby lotion as its for sensitive soft skin, I bow down to her superior knowledge and it feels much better.

Trouble Loves Me [sign in to see picture]

Just Jenson wrote:

Straight up 100% coconut oil... had many benefits and is an amazing moisturiser too... and it's cheaper and chemical free

Ooh, might give it a go.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.