• Sex Tips for Transgender People [Potential Triggers]

Neroki [sign in to see picture]

Hey all! This is my first thread but I thought I'd drop a discussion in.

Sex Tips for Trans* People

- Research, Research, Research: There are so many different variteties of wonderful techniques.

- Many Trans Women favour a Magic Wand as a means of masturbation, especially after starting HRT.

- Communicate with your partner, point them to resources and encourage them to research the subject themeselves.

- Do what feels right for you. I can't stress this enough. So many trans people are so different.

Sex Tips for Partners of Trans* People

- Sex can be triggering for trans* people, be understanding, kind. Use whatever language they want you too (e.g. some trans* women prefer their genitalia to be called a 'clit', or 'clitoras').

- If they don't want you to go near a part of their body, don't go near it.

- Given the potential triggers, it's actually a good idea to take a leaf out of the BDSM world and have a discrete safe-word if something is distressing them!

- Learn what they like, communiction is more important than anything and try to relax them, feeling pressured can be harmful!

- Trans Women starting HRT will start to feel things much more vividly, use this to your advantage. Help them explore their new body (thighs, neck, tummy)! The sensations change and it's a great way to be sexual without touching 'gender specific parts'

- Trans guys may not want to remove their tops or binders during sex, before top surgery. Respect this.

- Do not objectify their trans status, treat them as you would a cis person of their gender.

- Remember! All trans people are different, as all people are different.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

What's the significance of the asterisk?

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/trans-poster-900.jpg

Ashe [sign in to see picture]

First, welcome to the forum :D

Have to agree with pretty much everything in there, never thought to have a safeword for general sex though XD I would normally just stop/say stop lol, but it does make a lot of sense, confidence can take years to build and seconds to destroy.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Neroki wrote:

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/trans-poster-900.jpg

It's usual to let the reader know what it means - not everyone has the same knowledge set

Sum Sub wrote:

Neroki wrote:

It's usual to let the reader know what it means - not everyone has the same knowledge set

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be obnoxious or anything, I type it by habit and when you asked I was just about to go out and so copied a bookmark. Sorry if it came across as annoying.

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

The '*' is also there as a non-offencive way to shorten the entire word. I have TG friends who hate the shortened 'trans' as makes them feel like they are seen to be in transition. When in reality they know exactly who they are and stuck with a reality beyond this. Plus it may also be (given it's a site reference) an indication to look to the lower half of the page for an extended explanation of the word, or dictionised term :)

Zaquiel [sign in to see picture]

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

The '*' is also there as a non-offencive way to shorten the entire word. I have TG friends who hate the shortened 'trans' as makes them feel like they are seen to be in transition. When in reality they know exactly who they are and stuck with a reality beyond this. Plus it may also be (given it's a site reference) an indication to look to the lower half of the page for an extended explanation of the word, or dictionised term :)

I wish more people would do that personally, stick the asterisk on the end of the abbreviation that is, even if it's not an ideal thing to do. Anyway I'm going to go hide back in my box before I get ranty :)

Horny Glass Lover [sign in to see picture]

Zaquiel wrote:

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

I wish more people would do that personally, stick the asterisk on the end of the abbreviation that is, even if it's not an ideal thing to do. Anyway I'm going to go hide back in my box before I get ranty :)

*Hugs* I think it's important and very informative, but as you said... if only more would do it. :)

Zaquiel [sign in to see picture]

Horny Glass Lover wrote:

*Hugs* I think it's important and very informative, but as you said... if only more would do it. :)

Aye, indeed. Changing people's perspectives and opening their minds one teeny tiny post at a time :D

saucy_sue [sign in to see picture]

I am glad that trans* people are being acknowledged on this forum. As a transwoman, I often feel dysphoric when looking for sex toys. The fact that I don't have female parts makes me feel upset. I wish that companies like Lovehoney and ann summers would represent trans* people more. It's nice to find toys that are designed for non-op transwomen, that don't are aimed at females rather than males. Does anyone else feel like this? xxx

Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

Great post.

Ignore Sum Sub, he enjoys ruining lives :') he's a sarcastic mofo. He generally posts on the tiniest things :')

Welcome to the forums. You will soon grow used to Subby and his ways :')

He's a beloved member
    Foxxy [sign in to see picture]

Welcome to the forum saucy_sue :-)

Ink the original post is over a year old :-p

Fuck hahahahahahhaah

I'm thick as pig shit ahhahaha

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't ignore Sum Sub, it was a legit question. If you aren't part of the online community you don't realise these terms have come around, so of course you don't know what they mean or that you should use them.

I think more people would include the * if they realised what it meant. It's easy to be ignorant of these things, doesn't mean someone writing 'trans' instead of 'trans*' or someone asking why the * is there is trying to be offensive. They've likely just never seen it before. Simply another one of these things that should be kindly explained :)

Haha, I didn't realise how old the post was either :p

saucy_sue [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the warm welcome :). I am so glad that you didn't discriminate against me. I am as much a woman as anyone else. *hugs* :) xxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.