• Shaving down there

Poppymay [sign in to see picture]

Ick no, personally I can't stand shaving down there! When it grows back all stubby and itches (yuck), but I'm not against other people shaving as long as theyre happy :)

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

love addict wrote:

I've spent so long trying to find a hair removal method that suits me :/ I've tried pretty much every hair removal cream going, they either hardly remove anything, leave me with nasty burns, or leave about half a centimetre of hair which turns into weird elastic. I've tried shaving it, which I stuck at for around a year, using a new clean razor, being slow and careful etc, but still ended up with constant shaving rash, ingrown hairs etc, so then I tried waxing, which left me lovely and smooth for all of three days, but my hair seems to grow at an insane rate because after just a few days it starts growing back, and seems to leave me with more pain and ingrown hairs than shaving, even with daily exfoliation. Next on my list of things to try is plucking, which I expect will go much the same way as waxing :/ The annoying thing is when I talk to my friends, they have none of these problems, one only needs a wax every three weeks or so, another only has to shave once every 3 for 4 days to be perfectly smooth :/

First of all, LA, hugs from me. :(

I've never had an allergic reaction to hair removal cream (which I use for my bikini line - though I also sometimes wax it), but I don't shave or wax there because I have similar problems with ingrown hairs. And it's never gotten better; I'm more than a bit envious of those who say their skin has gotten used to it and they don't get them anymore.

Now I just trim the hair, when I can be bothered, and just fluctuate between it being natural or a bit shorter.

I don't personally see the big deal with being completely smooth; it looks a bit weird to me and makes me a little uncomfortable. :/

love addict [sign in to see picture]

Candied Citrus wrote:

I've never had an allergic reaction to hair removal cream (which I use for my bikini line - though I also sometimes wax it), but I don't shave or wax there because I have similar problems with ingrown hairs. And it's never gotten better; I'm more than a bit envious of those who say their skin has gotten used to it and they don't get them anymore.

Now I just trim the hair, when I can be bothered, and just fluctuate between it being natural or a bit shorter.

I don't personally see the big deal with being completely smooth; it looks a bit weird to me and makes me a little uncomfortable. :/

Thanks Candied Citrus :)

at this point I've given up on the idea of being completely smooth all over, and tend to leave a landing strip which I trim short.

Annoyingly for me it's my bikini line which seems to suffer from the worst bumps and ingrown hairs, and those are the hairs I want to remove the most. Something I have found is that the type of underwear I wear seems to affect how many ingrown hairs I end up with, tight elastic chafing against my bikini line is the worst, and scratchy lace is also terrible for leaving me with ingrown hairs. Cotton shorts are the best, and leave me with the least ingrown hairs, but unfortunately I do still get one or two as my skin seems to be crazy sensitive to any method of hair removal x

Trouble Loves Me [sign in to see picture]

A good quality razor is vital, and lots of shaving foam and patience! Also I go over everything twice, using the razor first against the grain of the hair and then with it. As has already been said, pull the skin taut and you should be able to get into those hard-to-reach bits.

Bluebells [sign in to see picture]

Candied Citrus wrote:

Me too - no hair at all doesn't look quite right to me somehow. Going natural and hairy looks fine to me, and is much less hassle. I will do my bikini line and the edges though if I'm on holiday or something and the area's on public display.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

As a male i would recommend not using foam or aerosol gel,i find King Of Shaves gel is best,if it gives me the best results on my sensitive face and bits,i `m sure it will give best results `down there`

Hopelessly Horny [sign in to see picture]

Use veet but it drives me crazy as only lasts a few days wish could find something that lasts longer and doesn't hurt. Can't wax as had an allergic reaction and now wax down there is a big No no :-(

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.