• Having a shave

happydays121 [sign in to see picture]

Hope you can help me out with this good people of lovehoney, don't know if it's a stupid question but here goes....

Am thinking off shaving all off downstairs but how do I shave the hairs on my genitels?? with a very careful hand or proffessional help? lol

Am sure you have the answer for me out there... x

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

I usually do mine myself but we have shaved each other's bits in the past . Depends how much you trust the person lol

I'm extremely worried about cutting myself... lol..

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

It's easier than you think. My OH has been shaving for five years and he's yet to cut himself.
    It's best not to use a brand new blade, they're sharper and you'll cut more easily.
    Try trimming the hair first, as close as you can get.
    Best to do it in the shower.
    Use good shaving foam.
    Hold our balls up, stretch the skin so you're less likely to nip yourself.

taraman [sign in to see picture]

I use an electric trimming razor - like you use for eyebrows, sideburns, etc. It shaves 98% of the hair length so you would not be completely bare but it does avoid 'nappie rash' and itching, both of which I experienced when I shaved it all off in the past!

It's easier than you think. My OH has been shaving for five years and he's yet to cut himself.
    It's best not to use a brand new blade, they're sharper and you'll cut more easily.
    Try trimming the hair first, as close as you can get.
    Best to do it in the shower.
    Use good shaving foam.
    Hold our balls up, stretch the skin so you're less likely to nip yourself.

alivemore [sign in to see picture]

I have shaved for years now and never cut myself yet, as above best way is to do the balls with a decent razor (Gillette fusion or similar, not a standard BIC) ....in the shower as the water softens your skin & as taraman pointed out the rest down to a 0.5mm/1mm trim using a shaver, the babaliss hair trimmer is good as you can set the length. If you just hack away and shave it all you will end up being itchy for days and most likely get a rash!

Thanks so far, especially ShannonM...So good you told me twice. lol

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

You will probably find it harder to cut yourself than you think. I would definitely opt for a sharp razor and tend to avoid multi blade to cut down on in grown hairs (the whole lift and cut thing is just stupid imo)

Personally i use a new bic disposable everytime and get much better results than with a mach or similar, no ingrowing hairs and now no shaving rash.

it will be itchy for the first few times and will probably get a rash but that soon passes, just persevere and you wont regret it!

Haha, sorry I didn't mean to double post!

WildThing [sign in to see picture]

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/819389-ladies/

This is a somewhat comical (but worthwhile) post which I completed about shaving. You'll need to read through the metaphor, but it should make sense. :)

I use a femal Venus shaver - with the Aloe Vera strips too... this helps to reduce cuts etc. I also use lots of lather up shower gel, or even a neutral lube to shave with. It gets a really good close shave. You might like to use a Witch Hazel extract and soft moisturiser afterwards.... definitely not aftershave though! :)

Have a look and let me know what you think - hope it's useful! Good luck! :)

MSJ6952 [sign in to see picture]

I've been shaving for 5 years now and obvious its all about learning.

Tips

* Firstly trim the hair as short as possible

* Use a good blade (5 blade i found best)

* Persoanlly i use shower gel and find it very good as a base

* Shave while in the shower / bath - Tip: If you shave in the bath use the hand basin to rinse your blade, as you dont want loads of hair in the bath

* Just shave as normal but be more careful on your balls - Tip: Hold the skin on your balls to make it tighter to shave

Just Remember: Practice makes perfect :-)

Ryuudoragon [sign in to see picture]

MSJ6952 wrote:

I've been shaving for 5 years now and obvious its all about learning.

Tips

* Firstly trim the hair as short as possible

* Use a good blade (5 blade i found best)

* Persoanlly i use shower gel and find it very good as a base

* Shave while in the shower / bath - Tip: If you shave in the bath use the hand basin to rinse your blade, as you dont want loads of hair in the bath

* Just shave as normal but be more careful on your balls - Tip: Hold the skin on your balls to make it tighter to shave

Just Remember: Practice makes perfect :-)

Sound advice, I've been doing it for many many years now. Just be careful of the odd in-growing hair!!

You'll be fine :-)

dh [sign in to see picture]

I've been bald down there for a few months now. First few days were itchy as hell but worth it. Sleeping naked (if you don't already) will give your skin a rest from all the rubbing.
    Electric clippers are a good idea to get your hair as short as possible, but make sure you have a guard on for your scrotum otherwise you'll get a nasty nip!
    I usually shave above my penis at the sink and then do the rest in the bath. A nearly new blade on a Mach 3 does the trick nicely

scotman [sign in to see picture]

Hi happy days . I find the best way to shave myself and I have done so for the best part of twenty years is , if you have got a lot of pubic hair is to trim as much as possible off with either scissors or trimmers . then have a soak in the bath or a long shower,then use a good shaving gel and a clean razor start shaving the way the hair grows ,when it comes to your testicles genteelly is the way to go. Also after gently exfoliate and use moisturiser so the itching is not to bad. Hope this helps

Natalya [sign in to see picture]

Definitely trim before hand and be careful! You'll get used to doing it though so it will get easier :)

I think its also a fun thing to do in the shower with your partner, so long as they have a steady hand! Goooood luck...

Ste [sign in to see picture]

I do mine in the shower, started with a gilette fusion and just upgraded to a braun cruzer body (which also uses gilette fusion blades).

I think a sharp blade is better, more chance of cutting yourself with a blunt one imo.

sxe_couple21 [sign in to see picture]

I used a good ol' fashioned safety razor the other day and with a new blade it was a revelation!

Trimming down there scares me more than razors, our hair scissors are SHARP...

Perkalite [sign in to see picture]

I just trim it down with the grain, i dont like to do it too much around that area as it itches like crazy. Its bad enough doing my legs. Unless you want it smooth id use some kind of male clipper i guess

69'er [sign in to see picture]

If the hairs down there are long, best to trim them down first. Then into a shower with an almost new blade and good shaving foam. Strech the skin you are about to shave as this helps aviod you cutting yourself. Try doing it in sections, ie start from left and do a strip moving one strip at a time to the right. it is actually easier and than you may think.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.