• How to clean my toy?

Stockings [sign in to see picture]

I'm new to this.

My first toy came today - Jessica rabbit 2.0 vibrator. Boyfriend doesn't think I should bother using stuff that is dedicated for toys. Used it twice today. First of all used shampoo on it but then later in the day I had it out again & I was kissing & licking it to tease boyfriend but it tasted of shampoo. What are the pro & cons of dedicated stuff & soap?
    myghost [sign in to see picture]

sex toy cleaner will clean and sanitise your toy keeping them germ free and hygenic the packaging on some toys does say you can clean with soap and hot water but personally i would not do this as soaps can make you prone to yeast and bacterial infections

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

A lot of people say using soap and warm water is enough and ensuring you let your toy air dry afterwards. However I like to take the extra step of using a toy cleaner. The lovehoney sex toy cleaner is great. Personally I would choose it as using soap and leaving soap traces on the toy can lead to an in balance in th PH in your vagina which in turn can cause thrush. Also improper cleaning and sanitising can cause bacterial growths which can lead to things like vaginosis (sp). Something you wouldn't want to get as it one of its main symptoms is a fishy smelling discharge.
    It's important you also regularly check your toys for cracks or tears as these are breading grounds for germs.
    Finally it's import that you use the correct lubricant with each toy. As some lubes are not compatible with certain materials x x

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

[suspended user]

suspended user

I sometimes use baby wipes

pr4wnst4r [sign in to see picture]

I used to use soap to clean my toys but I found it was really irritating so at the moment I just use warm water and it's fine for me, I'm hoping to get some sex toy cleaner soon though!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Lollipop ;) wrote:

I sometimes use baby wipes

I admit I would be scared to get baby wipes anywhere near by expensive silicone toys. They do often contain oil and I do think they could damage the toys.

Plus I admid I am like AA. Someone who has high sensitivity to parabens and glycerin and I just have to be very careful what I put near my bits. I was also fine to use any lube I wanted to for few years, until... Boom. Not anymore. So I would be careful even what you use for cleaning. Glycerin is in most soaps too, not just lubes.

Instead of using soaps and baby wipes, I would use something which is designed to clean sex toys. The LH sex toy cleaner is not that expensive and from my experience even with frequent use it will last you over a month. Unless you use it 3+times a day.

Ordered some cleaning spray, won't get here until 30th though :( lets hope simple soap is as simple as it makes out to be!

MSJ6952 [sign in to see picture]

Personally i just clean our toys with hot water and anti bacterial soap, does the job. May invest in some toy cleaner as our collection grows :)

BLouise [sign in to see picture]

Hi, I usually let my toys rise is steaming hot water and sanatizing soap. We use soap to clean our selfs so it's not doing no harm there so using it to clean your toys does me quite a good job. I hope this works for you :)

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

Definitely sex toy cleaner!
    Keeps your toys clean and fresh and they last much longer.
    If the taste bothers you, rinse them before use

Defiant [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoneys own sex toy cleaner leaves your toys smelling much fresher than just soap and water. Its brilliant.

Going with see toy cleaner because of the risk of infection from soap

PrincessPetal [sign in to see picture]

Toy cleaner. You shouldn't be using soap in that area so I would not recommend using it to clean toys. Using soap can alter the ph leading to infections.

My toy cleaner came today :) thanks for the advice everyone ^_^

BDSM [sign in to see picture]

i use a ph neutral soap with water

just like the soap i use in the shower

as long as the toy is rinsed thoroughly, there is no reason why it would cause an imbalance

Miss Pussycat [sign in to see picture]

Dedicated toy cleaner for vibrators.

Soap and hot water for anal toys, before a spray with sex toy cleaner.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.