• Intense Pulsed Light (hair removal) rather than a razor/ waxing

Riverview [sign in to see picture]

So although my OH finds it more comfortable (on a day-to-day, out-and-about basis) to be 'au naturel' down below, she has on occasion let me modify her! Recently a we made a pact that if I lost some weight, I would be permitted to again break out the razor. September = 88.5kg: 78.5kg today. Where's my shaving kit? Whilst that is great, the effect is short-lived before she is uncomfortable due to regrowth and it is not appealling to effectively be intimate with something akin to 80 grit sandpaper.

So here's the question: does anyone have exerience with using IPL (intense pulsed light) hair removal systems on the intimate areas of the body? Unsurprisingly, the websites that I've seen (Phillip's Lumea, for example) demonstrate that use of the system on the legs and perhaps the face. They do not actively promote use elsewhere, from what I can see. Oh, they do use it underarm too, which must be pretty sensitive? Given that the community here seem to like 'experimentation', does anyone have intimate experience of this they can share? How long before regrowth occurs and any issues?

Thanks for comments

Us24fun [sign in to see picture]

Would be interested in this too due to the sandpaper effect you mentioned but have no experience apart from similar razor use.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

if you get no luck here, why not email the companies and ask them directly and see their responses.

Personally we both wax which feels great for about 2 weeks, but then have to wait at least another two weeks before getting redone.

however the reduction in re-growth is noticable ove time with waxing

Waxing.....ouch but maybe worth it if it lasts as shaving is stubbly straight away!

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

Hi

I commented on a similar thread a few weeks ago. You can see my thoughts on IPL here! > http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/831835-ipl-hair-removal/#p831840

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks Cazz,

I imagine that it would be safe if it is used for underarms. It is an expensive system, but like waxing, the regrowth is supposed to reduce with repeated use. However, I'd hate to apply a lightsabre to my genitals (or my wife's) without first understanding the risk of blowing them off.

One thing the manufactures do way is the the skin should be cool when using this system. I think that is because the system promotes transient increase in temperature, and therefore already hot skin may be more sensitive to a slight burning sensation. Might need to let the bits air for a while before treatment.

Thanks cazz!

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]

My friend had it down below but done in a salon not a home kit :)

Just to finish this off, there is advice in the FAQ section of the Lumea website: search for Lumea and 'full bikini area depilation' and you'll get it. I also read that this only works for dark blond, brown and black hair. Red, grey and light hair will not work. I imagine that the wavelength of the light used is not adsorbed by these colours and therefore the root is not shocked into resting phase and shed. I'm a redhead, but Mrs. Riverview is a dark brunette. :)))

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.