• Pregnancy tips

Yes man [sign in to see picture]

One tip I gave my brother that didn't go down too well but did help was to have time to recover! He and his Mrs were going at it like sex starved rabbits and doing it every day for months but without the required outcum, I had heard you need at least a day off between each session to let your tool to fully reload! I told him and his Mrs this and much to his horror his Mrs decided it was a good idea, they soon became pregnant but he never forgiven me for halving his sex!

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

As others have said the best thing to do is not try at all and just let nature takes its course. With both of ours we didnt conceive until we decided to not try then fell within a week or so.

Just relax and dont get hung up on taking tests all the time!

Riverview [sign in to see picture]

Here follows a bit of a novelette: forgive me for being verbose.

There's lots of good advice on here already, but as someone who has also been trying (and actually, although far too early to admit this publicly, we're pregnant just now.....) the ovulation sticks are definitely worthwhile. BUT bear in mind that a woman is actually only able to concieve during a brief SIX HOUR window after ovulation as the egg migrates down the fallopian tube!!! Yes, it's that short: so the best time to make love is actually IMMEDIATELY BEFORE ovulation. Leaving it until after ovulation and you may have already missed this cycle's opportunity. Sperm remain alive in the female body for a period measured in days (you'll read between 2 and 5, but obviously the numbers of healthy sperm will drop over that period). Make sure the guys are in position, ready for the egg to waltz past!! Don't rely on "counting days", even if your partner's cycle is very stable: ovulation may occur at slightly different times from woman to woman: the ovulation sticks (measuring a surge in urinary LH - Luteinizing Hormone - which immediatley precedes ovlation) will let you know when it is time in an objective fashion. The sticks can be a little hard to read: it's not quite a binary presence/ absence of a line thing, but the cheap ones on Amazon are so cheap that you can use them in abundance to see the strength of the LH line increasing, and then fading away. We found there was a two day period that this line increased in intesity, and then faded. Get to know what the peak of the surge is for you, and have lots of sex around that time, particualry leading up to the peak, and until at least when the line starts to fade away. Your OH may also be able to feel a crampy sensation on one side of the body, indicating which ovary has ovulated: if you can track this, that's a really good sign too, although I'm not sure everyone will be aware of this feeling on every cycle.

This use of tesing strips can also be turned into fun, rather than stress; something very naughty about having to make excuses to 'nip out for a minute' when your with friends!

As for positions, the average ejaculate contains something of the order of 35 million sperm per millilitre, and the average ejaculate is around 5ml. Some of the guys will get into the correct positon to fertilise, regardless of the one you are adopting! Also, although I wonder about her motivation, if my wife has not achieved orgasm during sex, she would insist on 'finishing off', which I regarded as 'shaking the guys out' but she tells me (with some medical expertise to back her assertion) that actually it helps move the guys into position. Enough already. It seemed to work.

Good luck!

17thCenturyVenus [sign in to see picture]

Some very good advice above ^

Took me and my hubby over 2 years to concieve. I actually don't ovulate, and was taking fertility drugs at the time.

Obviously we tried all positions, temp charting, ovulation stick etc etc .

For us, what worked was using a sperm friendly lube called 'preseed' (clomid drug makes you dry), ovulation sticks and had sex when it showed positive and then for 2 days afterwards. Don't remember the positions but probably not anything too deep or adventerous as it really bloody hurts me when I ovulate!

I would say if you are at the beginning of your journey, don't 'try', just have sex regularly and for most people thats how it happens. If you're not there in 6 months, use the ovulation sticks (off amazon or ebay they are much cheaper).

Good luck and have fun!

Riverview [sign in to see picture]

Just a quick follow up on that 'how to get pregnant' essay that I posted back in December, where I mentioned......

"(and actually, although far too early to admit this publicly, we're pregnant just now.....)"

Well, we're officailly pregnant now!!!!!!

Thrilled, thrilled

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Wow that's great news. So exciting. Enjoy every second off it x x

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Wow that's great news. So exciting. Enjoy every second off it x x

saucey21 [sign in to see picture]

You could do what i did, go out with the girls get really tipsy jumped on my husband when i got in didn't use protection properly hey presto baby!!!

on a serious note. best advice stop 'trying' and just have regular un protected love making. takes all the pressure and stress out of it. my Friend tried for 2 years and had fertility tests nd was about to start fertility treatment. because they though they couldn't have kiddies they stopped trying but didn't use contraception, next month missed period.

so stop trying!!!

good luck with it.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.