• Pregnancy tips

James and Michelle (mr and mrs) [sign in to see picture]

Hi all

so now i am kinda grown up, my wife and i are trying for children (panic and excitement at the same time lol).

you hear lots of advice about helping couples to become pregnant but are there any tips people can pass on? positions, times and so on?

Thanks

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

So you have an I phone? There is an app you can down load called period tracker. I used it both times and fell pregnant withing two months of try each time. It tells you your most fertile days based on your previous period dates and lengths
    Checking your vaginal mucus is also good. When it's clear and slippery like egg while it's a sign of ovulation.
    http://m.plannedparenthood.org/mt/www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/fam-cervical-mucus-method-22140.htm

dh [sign in to see picture]

Definately check for the days of her cycle that she'll be ovulating and keep a diary/calendar of her periods so you know when to have sex. Try to plan an intimate night in for these days (don't just force yourselves to have sex for the sake of it on these days though!)

Don't get too stressed out if it doesn't happen straight away; especially if your wife has been using hormone based contraceptives for years as these can take a long time to leave her system apparently

You could also order ovulation sticks and pregnancy sticks off amazon cheaply. It can become very expensive if you keep buying clear blue every month. The cheap ones work just as well . Good luck x x

my wife has been tracking her cycle and i have been tolde around day 14 is best (this happens to be today lol..sorry if thats to much info).

to be honest i have felt a little stressed about it since we have been trying but i shouldnt moan too much... how many men would complain about to much sex hay

BV13 - i didnt know about these ovulation sticks..... i am looking on amazon now, thanks

sexylady20 [sign in to see picture]

one thing i can say is dont get to into trying ,,, i did this and it tool me 6months and obviously it made me disspointed everytime,,

we then decided not to try and came to the conclusion it will happen when it happens ,,, and then 2months later it did :D ,,,

You also have to think of what effects this trying and not being successful may take on your OH ,,, it can be very happy but also disspopointing if it dont happen when you wont it to :) x

The ovulation sticks definitely work. I am part of a baby forum and lots of the ladies use them. I got them too but didn't need to use them for long so have them to a friend. She had been trying for nine months randomly, but after the first month of using the sticks she fell pregnant.

The important thing is that you both relax. Trying for a baby is stressful but don't let it make aex regimented. Too many couples fall into the trap of only having sex on there fertile days. That kills your relationship. You need to still enjoy sex without it being a chore.

It will happen, it just takes it's time sometimes but it will be worth the wait x x

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

In my case, I got pregnant when we made it a few days before the actual ovulation. The first time - it was actually a day or so before ovulation. Now the second time - about 4 days before ovulation. When we have been trying the first time and we did it at the exact day of the ovulation - nothing happened.

FrumCouple [sign in to see picture]

I can't stress enough that you shouldn't stress over it, it can take a few months sometimes and the disappointment each month is no fun, take a laid back attitude, have fun trying, but realize that ultimately it'll happen when it's meant to happen.
    Another thing, if you do get the cheap pregnancy tests from Amazon, it's very tempting to run to pee on them at the first chance. Try to hold yourself back, like we learned the hard way. There's something called a chemical pregnancy, a pregnancy that shows up on the test but then ends with a period (not quite a miscarriage, more like a pregnancy that never took off), the emotional roller coaster is NOT something you need at this time. Wait until a few days after you missed a period to test...

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

As for positions, we always finished in missionary with her legs raised for maximum penetration and then she put a pillow under her bum, so her bum was higher than her waist, for about five minutes.

Not sure it did anything, but we conceived quickly both times.

Here's how our doctor put it: while there may be a very slight advantage to one position over the other, it gets outweighed by the very big advantage of just enjoying sex and relaxing encouraging you to have it more often. As long as a healthy male is ejaculating inside a healthy female there is no reason to stress over positions...

Bottom line J&M: Good luck and have lots of fun trying

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

The best advice I know is relax, as stress really can delay things.

Also you may want to avoid using ludes which may interfer with vaginal PH and sperm functionality too.

I also agree with the app. I use one, and it's helped me work out my body more.

Book to consider: Taking Charge of your Fertility. It is a fab guide. Good luck =)

Oh and go frolic, make sure your partner is taking frolic acid =)

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Im sure you mean folic acid?

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

FrumCouple wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Im sure you mean folic acid?

Yes, sorry so use to the ad which is go frolic, take folic acid =)

Thanks for all the advice, very helpful, the 'not getting to stressed' thing is something i need to work on, i have been getting worked up over it a little.

My OH and I are taking the conception vits and mins with folic acid in them so i hope that helps.

No lubes from now on, didnt know that

thanks all

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

Just keep doing it. Don't need to put pressure on yourselves. Nothing about your sex life should need to change. Just carry on with how and when you are doing it. Trying for baby sex is no different from everyday sex. Only if it's not happening do you really need to look into it further.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Stuburns wrote:

Just keep doing it. Don't need to put pressure on yourselves. Nothing about your sex life should need to change. Just carry on with how and when you are doing it. Trying for baby sex is no different from everyday sex. Only if it's not happening do you really need to look into it further.

^^ This.

Absolutely 100% this

N & V [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

Stuburns wrote:

^^ This.

Absolutely 100% this

This again - If you put pressure on yourselves you won't enjoy the trying bit ;-)

Mrs was poorly when we started trying for our 2nd due to a miss-diagnosis from the docs. As soon as she was on the right medication it happened within weeks.

Just relax, enjoy and treat it like any other night you have sex, just make sure you don't go for anal, it may hinder your progress ;-)!

Jazzam [sign in to see picture]

Just have sex often and stop counting. The stress and inevitable disappointment can seriously affect her hormone levels, and probably your own too.

It WILL happen, and she WILL know before the test does (if she is pretty intune with her body)

With both my boys I knew I was pregnant weeks before I got a positive result on the test. You just feel different...
    I know it is difficult but nature will take its course and unless there is a reason otherwise it will be easier if you can both find a way to relax and let it all happen =D

As far as position, I'm relatively confident both our boys were concieved whilst I was on top. Tmi.
    But if she relaxes and stays for a few moments after the deed is done it will help. Lots of foreplay too. The liquids women produce naturally are designed to help carry the sperm to where it needs to be, so the wetter she is, naturally (not lube) the more chances of it all going right!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.