• Bisexual, have noticed a lot of the ladies have this on your profiles.

MissChar [sign in to see picture]

this is probably a silly question, but what is the difference between lesbian and homosexual or gay? ...

FrumCouple [sign in to see picture]

Homosexual means someone who is attracted to people of the same gender

Gay (in comon usage) refers specificaly to men who are attracted to men

Lesbian refers to women who are attracted to women

Wildcherry [sign in to see picture]

Cause i cant quote! (Whats up with that lately?)

"That list is not comprehensive and it only applies to sexuality not orientation. There are lots of labels to define orientation too. The point is....I am lost! lol. I agree in part with Rose Hip (So many labels I am not sure what means what and who likes who anymore) but also with the people who said that if it helps define you and make you feel comfortable then wear your label with pride. "

This exactly, There are so many labels today i get lost (in fact one or two on that list that i never knew existed!).

Labels are for jam jars, i guess im one of those people who really hates it as people find it so easy to home in on someone who is "different" to them and sexual orientation labeling makes this all the more easier. You are who you are but equally if it helps you define and understand yourself then all the more better.

In other words, Gays are Homosexual men, Lesbians are Homosexual women.

MissChar [sign in to see picture]

thanks! but yeah i knew that much, but I just wondered because most of the same sex attracted women I know refer to themselves as gay, i suppose its to do with gender equality???

numnuts [sign in to see picture]

Im definitely straight but ive experimented with women in the past, kissing an boob touching really turns me on an i am sexually turned on by them...I hope 2 hve another experience with a woman soon....but I cud nver b in a relationship with one....I love willies 2 much as well....lol

MissChar wrote:

thanks! but yeah i knew that much, but I just wondered because most of the same sex attracted women I know refer to themselves as gay, i suppose its to do with gender equality???

I guess it can refer to both....

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

It's wonderful to see so much Willy adoration.lol

Gentle giant wrote:

It's wonderful to see so much Willy adoration.lol

Yeah I love my willy

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

MissChar: That was what I attempted to articulate in my post above, that even these labels can mean different things to the people who use them. Some define gay as specifically male on male, while others define the word gay to mean both male male and female female couples/sex. So yeah, even within labels, there is room to play around with what it means. Confused much yet? I am old and easily confused lol xx

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

Totaly straight never been interested in same sex play or relationship at all done the test I'm proved right.

kittencub wrote:

Totaly straight never been interested in same sex play or relationship at all done the test I'm proved right.

LOL

Reminds me of this:

http://xkcd.com/507/

Mammame [sign in to see picture]

Well, I've now had my first sexual encounter with a lady. I am totally smittened :) if we weren't both married (hubby's both know, and hers was there) then I would be trying to have a relationship with her. If I had to label myself as something, it would be bisexual x

LauraP [sign in to see picture]

There's only one thing that annoys me about girls saying they're bi... It's when they're not. My bestest mate is gay and she often hears girls saying they're bi to get male attention but then turn down women repeatedly.

It seems fashionable to swing both ways. It's a shame really because for those of my LH and RW family and friends that genuinely swing one way or both it makes life all the more confusing.

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I only put bisexual in my profile because there isn't an option for being pansexual - but when I first joined LH, I hovered between gay and bi for a while because I wasn't sure whether I like men and women or just women. Now I've just decided that I need to get out there and experience a long-lasting straight relationship and get some experience with girls too before I judge myself! :)

linda2008 [sign in to see picture]

I have been bisexual.all my adult life I am sexually attracted to men and women, and have had plenty of sexual experiences with both and enjoy

Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]

I consider myself bisexual in that I have and will have sex with either gender but heteromantic as I've only ever experienced 'romantic' (which in my mind is quite different to sexual) attraction towards men (well just my current partner) if that makes sense.
    I've been in relationships with women but they narrowed down to be pretty much entirely about the sex, which was great but not emotionally fulfilling. So when I say I couldn't be in a relationship with a lady again this is why, but I'd still jump into bed with one.

The OH is fine with this and actually has similar feelings towards men as well.

Misdemeanour [sign in to see picture]

Completely with LauraP on this one, it drives me nuts when girls are 'oh yeah, i'm so totally bi...omg that girl just kissed me and groped my bum, ew!' GAH!

Anyway, personally I have mostly female exes and 1 male ;-) so yeah, mostly lesbian but currently with a male partner, it breaks my brain somewhat! But it means he knows it's who he is that i love, not just his penis. Plus he takes great delight in teasing me about pretty girls/catching me looking :P

pr4wnst4r [sign in to see picture]

LauraP wrote:

There's only one thing that annoys me about girls saying they're bi... It's when they're not. My bestest mate is gay and she often hears girls saying they're bi to get male attention but then turn down women repeatedly.

+1! this annoys me so much, so many girls say they're bi nowadays but they're the same girls that will make fun of lesbians or complain about attention from girls

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

Misdemeanour wrote:

Completely with LauraP on this one, it drives me nuts when girls are 'oh yeah, i'm so totally bi...omg that girl just kissed me and groped my bum, ew!' GAH!

Anyway, personally I have mostly female exes and 1 male ;-) so yeah, mostly lesbian but currently with a male partner, it breaks my brain somewhat! But it means he knows it's who he is that i love, not just his penis. Plus he takes great delight in teasing me about pretty girls/catching me looking :P

Lol! To be fair....if I was straight/bi/gay or interested in any sex and someone randomly apprached me and groped me and kissed me then yeh...I would be inclined to say and think the same...first omg how dare you randomly touch me without my consent and secondly...I might not even fancy them! So...in this instance I think saying eww and omg is perfectly valid haha

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.