• How do you introduce ....

    1385077296
    Kinky&Curvy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 956
    • Joined: 21 Aug 2013

    I know it's a little soon and i'm not at all planning on finding a new relationship for a loooong time personally I don't think its worth the constant heart break and cheating and stupid idiots who run back to me when I finally don't give a damn and its like great hows a bout you realised what I meant to you before you cause this mess... -_- (slight rant over)

    But what I'm tryin to get at is ... How do you introduce new partners who may be completely vanilla into the world of toys??... I've quiet a collection now and I only started getting into them with my recent ex and with little hope that he'll come back I'm worried that in the future I might scare someone off with my 'collection'.

    It really only consists of a few little vibrators and handcuffs, blinfolds, not overly experimental but some people can be so ... uptight about toys and stuff xx

    1385078065
    Mr&Mrs Teddy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 152
    • Joined: 17 Mar 2013

    Just go for it......

    if they are uptight about toys and stuff, and you have quite a collection, then they just can't be for you.

    id guess that they'd happily join in, but may be a little shocked at first.

    or you could just introduce them one at a time......

    1385078155
    FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1534
    • Joined: 20 May 2011

    It can be a little hard bringing it up, as you've said some people can be uptight about them. But I think more people have generally started experimenting and using them either by themselves or with others.

    I find being open and honest about it, with most of my realtionships I've started off as friends with people so that I guess made it easier as we'd talk about all sorts. I was the first person my OH had sex with, and he is rather open minded to some extent though can still be quite vanilla with others. One day when just chatting and getting to know each other as friends a playful topic of sex just came up and we joked about, he asked questions as he knew I had a son and thus assumed I'd had sex before so we just talked about things, I told him straight off the bat that I have a high sex drive and he joked and said well it can't be that high I know you haven't had sex with someone for this long and I just said "Oh you silly man, this is why some glorious genius person invented the sex toy, I have a chest of perfect items that take me to the land of orgasams on a daily basis" And then the topic of sex toys came up and we talked about what I liked ect.

    Just keep it light, fun and say it.

    GL when you do get back on the dating road.

    xx

    1385078981
    lubylou13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 365
    • Joined: 3 Oct 2013

    Hi K&C

    I am also single and have no intention of getting into a relationship in the near future as my previous relationship ended really really badly and I am quite happy just spending time to get to know myself again.

    By the time I get into a relationship I would probally have a whole room full of toys as I am seriously addicted to this site and cannot stop buying. So there is a chance I may scare someone of also but to be honest with you it is not something I have really thought about as toys are my thing and while I hope one day that I can share that with someone else if somethings like toys scare them of easily then they are not for me due to the fact that there are far worst things I could share than toys for instance certain things in my past I have done and been through.

    I know what you are saying about people being vanilla and some people are often scared of things they know nothing about. They have an imagine in their head and that can be hard to break. Having a collection of toys is nothing to be ashamed off. You never know the person you meet may also have a collection of toys themselfs.

    Every male that I am aware of masterbate so you having toys how is this any different. Personal I would wait untill I feel comfortable around someone then I would start by telling them that one of my favourite websites is Love Honey. If they know the site then great if they dont I would ask them to google it and have a look. That will get the conversation rolling. You could do this face to face or by text whatever you feel best with.

    I wouldnt worry to much about it though. Take each day as it comes. There is no point worrying about the uncertain. Like I said they may have a big collection of their own or be open to trying new things. Toys are great and while there are vanilla people out there more and more people are starting to embrace them and experiment.

    1385085354
    Tiberius [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 164
    • Joined: 23 Aug 2008

    Hi K&C

    From a male perspective, I think most fellas nowadays would not be at all surprised if a lady owned at least vibrator (with or without floppy ears). Toys and ownership of have moved much more into the mainstream over recent years with programes like 'Sex and the City' and a whole raft of series like 'The sex inspectors' promoting them as part of a healty and varied sex life. Hell if Boots & Asda stock vibrators then they must have reached acceptability!

    I would suggest just being open and from your collection photo I don't think theres anything which would scare the next Mr K&C . Ok some guys may feel inadequate if you own a 12"dong, but that is their problem if they cannot accept that it is just 'a toy' not a substitute for love, tenderness, whispering naughty things and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on; if thats the case then I would question the maturity of said fella.

    My OH was a little on the naive side when we first met regarding toys, so I took her shopping one day and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

    Nice tie btw

    1385120766
    Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 405
    • Joined: 1 Jun 2012

    Tiberius wrote:

    I would suggest just being open and from your collection photo I don't think theres anything which would scare the next Mr K&C . Ok some guys may feel inadequate if you own a 12"dong, but that is their problem if they cannot accept that it is just 'a toy' not a substitute for love, tenderness, whispering naughty things and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on; if thats the case then I would question the maturity of said fella.

    My OH was a little on the naive side when we first met regarding toys, so I took her shopping one day and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

    lubylou13 wrote:

    I wouldnt worry to much about it though. Take each day as it comes. There is no point worrying about the uncertain. Like I said they may have a big collection of their own or be open to trying new things. Toys are great and while there are vanilla people out there more and more people are starting to embrace them and experiment.

    Mr&Mrs Teddy wrote:

    or you could just introduce them one at a time......

    FrozenAngel wrote:

    Just keep it light, fun and say it.

    GL when you do get back on the dating road.

    + 1 to all of the above!

    I think you might find these blogs from LH useful too: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/?q=how+to+introduce X

    1385121143
    StHubbins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 580
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2011

    I'd start vanilla for a little while and then bring up the subject to see what they think. I would think that most men with a healthy libido would think that all their Christmases had come at once.

    1385121153
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6337
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    Tiberius wrote:

    Hi K&C

    From a male perspective, I think most fellas nowadays would not be at all surprised if a lady owned at least vibrator (with or without floppy ears). Toys and ownership of have moved much more into the mainstream over recent years with programes like 'Sex and the City' and a whole raft of series like 'The sex inspectors' promoting them as part of a healty and varied sex life. Hell if Boots & Asda stock vibrators then they must have reached acceptability!

    I would suggest just being open and from your collection photo I don't think theres anything which would scare the next Mr K&C . Ok some guys may feel inadequate if you own a 12"dong, but that is their problem if they cannot accept that it is just 'a toy' not a substitute for love, tenderness, whispering naughty things and a sympathetic shoulder to cry on; if thats the case then I would question the maturity of said fella.

    My OH was a little on the naive side when we first met regarding toys, so I took her shopping one day and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

    Nice tie btw

    Very well said Tiberius :) xx

    1385154775
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    I always found that bringing a toy out when we had both had a few drinks made things easier. The guys seemed more up for it. Next day I would end up with texts saying....." That was so kinky last night etc" , so I would then ask if they wanted to try something else and i slowly introduced stuff from there on

    1385155306
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    I would probably start by mentioning that you have a few, and that they can be awesome during partner sex (like penetration) Then show them a bullet or a smaller vibe that you use for clitoral play.

    1385155531
    Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2473
    • Joined: 12 Sep 2010

    I agree with st Robbins, go vanilla for a bit then slowly introduce some. If you have the confidence. Sit him in a chair and give him a show with one of your favourite toys. Most red blooded males find this amazing.good luck enjoy.

    1385326334
    sexynurse09 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 921
    • Joined: 21 Sep 2009

    Probably wouldn't announce it on the first date lol, but it would be something to bring up sooner rather than later I think.

    When I got with my partner, we'd been together a couple of months and were just talking about sexual things, I just dropped in that I test sex toys for lovehoney. He was very interested and asked if he could see them. The rest is history. Be open and honest and make it clear they are to compliment your sex life, not replace anything. Most guys will love the idea of involving your toys in boudoir activities!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.