• Its embarrassing but your help is needed!

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

For those of you who don't know, Im currently awaiting an operation normally associated with young jewish boys. While terrifying and bound to be painful, it is the right thing to do (Sorry or going on about it)

My question is, Ive start to see someone, well that isnt entirely true, we have been chatting for a few weeks and have a our first date next week. Thinking ahead, the likelihood is that I'll be somewhat limited in the sexual activity that I can participate in, and pretty nervous about doing any of. Is this something that I should tell her if things start to get intimate? Is it fair to ask someone to wait or am I simply overthinking things?

StHubbins [sign in to see picture]

I'd definitely wait until it gets pretty steamy or you run the risk of presuming she was planning sex when she wasn't.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

I agree. Best wait until it's absolutely necessary. The fact is, it's your first date, so chances are she's probably not even thinking about it (I know some people do, but from personal experience, I never planned to hook up on the first date) so mentioning it early may cause upset.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Yep I agree with everyone else best to wait as you don't want her to think that you think she is a tart. :)

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

If things start to get hot and heavy explain the reason you can't, but it's a first date so things will prob not go that far. And if the person cannot except the reason you can't be physical for a period of time then they are not worth being with

Troubled Joe [sign in to see picture]

I feel that you need to be open and honest, but yes, timing is key. You doing want to have the conversation before you're sure that anything could be on the cards.

You don't want to leave it too late though, especially if you've had the operation. Any unplanned excitement could be damned painful!

Good luck though and take it easy. Its gonna be pretty sensitive downstairs even Kong after your bits have healed.

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

I think things like this is like the saying 'every cloud has a silver lining'. This way it will be a good judge of charicter. If you do have to tell her, and she's not nice about it, at least you know now rather than 6 months down the line when you realise she's not a nice person. Or, she could be amazingly supportive, and you'll know that she's a nice person :)

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

Of course it's fair to ask her to wait, and I would agree with what other's have said about waiting until it is neccessary to mention it to her. I wouldn't bring it up within the first few dates as it may put her off, but if things go well between you and she really likes you, then she should be understanding of the situation and have no problems waiting. If she's not okay with it, then she's honestly not worth your time.

Hope everything goes well on your date :)

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

I agree with the others, wait until you have to tell her, incase it doesn't go that far :)

Good luck with both the date adn the op :)

Thanks everyone. I wasn't planning on telling her straight away, i ust wasnt sure if it is fair to ask someone to wait. Im normally at least a three date kind of guy...

Fizz and Sparkle [sign in to see picture]

wait and see how it pans out, if she likes you enough, she will wait til you are all healed!!! ps good luck with it!

I'm pretty sure that I will ruin any semblance of a relationship, long before that!

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

You'll be fine! Just take things nice and slow :) Good luck with it all!

Janny [sign in to see picture]

Mmm dificult. If she really comes on to you and you say no, she might just think you're turning her down? Just mention in passing you had an operetion - no need to specify the area... Good luck buddy

[suspended user]

suspended user

Good luck sweet. Let us know how it goes. :) x

Thanks. Im sure at least there is nothing to worry about in the first few dates. I like to get to know people first (and im terrible at reading signs and making the first move) I just wasnt sure if i needed to be upfront about it and wanted to get some of your expert opinions...now if only i could em[loy you lovely people to review my onlne dating profile...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.