• TV: Porn on the Brain

    1380570341
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2314
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Anyone watching this? http://www.channel4.com/programmes/porn-on-the-brain?intcmp=homepage_main

    plus a few will be tweeting via this hashtag #pornonthebrain https://twitter.com/search?q=%23pornonthebrain&src=hash

    1380571885
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2314
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    I am wondering too, although I've never watched the ads, only just saw it today =)

    I will go in open minded though. Sure I'll learn something.

    1380573833
    Dali256 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 399
    • Joined: 1 Mar 2010

    Ye id just get annoyed watching that!

    1380576823
    Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 449
    • Joined: 24 Dec 2012

    I imagine its going to be all men are developing violent tendencies because of the ease of violent pornography...

    1380576993
    StHubbins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 580
    • Joined: 11 Jul 2011

    Having been through erectile disfunction, I've done lots of research (when I had it) and porn is a major contributor. If you look at sites like PEGym there is pretty much unanimous agreement that internet porn eventually causes ED.

    Also have a look at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU

    This certainly affected me and all the descriptions fit me precisely. Thankfully, I found out about porn addiction, went cold turkey (or a reboot as it's called in the ED community) and things are better.

    It might well be being human, but humans didn't evolve to have unlimited free access to hardcore porn.

    1380577366
    Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 449
    • Joined: 24 Dec 2012

    StHubbins wrote:

    Having been through erectile disfunction, I've done lots of research (when I had it) and porn is a major contributor. If you look at sites like PEGym there is pretty much unanimous agreement that internet porn eventually causes ED.

    Also have a look at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU

    This certainly affected me and all the descriptions fit me precisely. Thankfully, I found out about porn addiction, went cold turkey (or a reboot as it's called in the ED community) and things are better.

    It might well be being human, but humans didn't evolve to have unlimited free access to hardcore porn.

    How lonf did you go cold turkey for?

    1380579446
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    I'm watching it now, it really does concern me. My step sons play a game called mine craft. They have to download things to play the game and on several occasion porn has downloaded along with the games. When you have a 8 year old asking why there is a man swinging his willy on the screen it's quite traumatising!
    I dread to think what types of hardcore porn they will see as teenagers!

    1380579590
    Mr Gooner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 14 Sep 2013

    blonde vixen13 wrote:

    I'm watching it now, it really does concern me. My step sons play a game called mine craft. They have to download things to play the game and on several occasion porn has downloaded along with the games. When you have a 8 year old asking why there is a man swinging his willy on the screen it's quite traumatising!
    I dread to think what types of hardcore porn they will see as teenagers!

    Thats quite bad that pop ups etc are coming up when something like Minecraft is being downloaded. The game in question is played by millions worldwide as well.

    1380579988
    Mr Gooner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 14 Sep 2013

    Ork wrote:

    blonde vixen13 wrote:

    I'm watching it now, it really does concern me. My step sons play a game called mine craft. They have to download things to play the game and on several occasion porn has downloaded along with the games. When you have a 8 year old asking why there is a man swinging his willy on the screen it's quite traumatising!
    I dread to think what types of hardcore porn they will see as teenagers!

    I about choked laughing XD Minecraft is like thee most inoccent game out there XD I don't think it has anything to do with the game, it sounds like he is downloading the wrong thing entirely lol, either that or he is downloading from something that has nothing to do with the game.

    Yeah true or it could be something like texture packs or mods which they are trying to download for the game.

    1380579992
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    No it was us downloading in the correct sites and there was porn coming down with them. He's not allowed to download stuff , he has to ask us. The fact that it is such an innocent games with thousands of kids playing it is why it terrifies me so much. If he's already being exposed to open from that just imagine what he will get exposed to when he's 16 and actually is going looking for it.

    1380579993
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    No it was us downloading in the correct sites and there was porn coming down with them. He's not allowed to download stuff , he has to ask us. The fact that it is such an innocent games with thousands of kids playing it is why it terrifies me so much. If he's already being exposed to open from that just imagine what he will get exposed to when he's 16 and actually is going looking for it.

    1380580958
    Mr Gooner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 14 Sep 2013

    I think the programme is wrong in alot of ways and making it out like all men that watch porn suddenly turn into crazed men who like to perform very violent sexual acts.

    1380581072
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    Yeah we all know anything can be addictive but if they didn't do the neuro studies people would say they have no proof.
    I know my stepsons will prob start looking for open at less than 16 but it's something I don't really want to think about. It scares me how quickly kids are being exposed to adult life and sex.
    I know I do things in the bedroom that are considered filthy by some other people but I only developed a love for these things after years of sex and find the perfect person to trust and if these things with.
    However boys these days think sex is what they see on porn. Violence, anal, gagging, etc. I know when I first lost my virgnity I done things guys wanted to do because I didn't want to look inexperienced. It was only once I reached my twenties that I felt comfortable telling guys I didn't like certain things. I hate the idea that my daughters could experience rough sexually experiences like these in the early days of there adult sexual life's

    1380581252
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    Mr gooner I think that's the message your picking up because your a man. All I am getting from it is that teenagers are very easily influenced and they are getting false representations of sex. Yes it is pointing out that there are more and more men become addicted to porn but I don't think it's saying all men will suddenly become crazed perverts

    1380581393
    Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 449
    • Joined: 24 Dec 2012

    It is disappointing...

    1380581468
    Mr Gooner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 14 Sep 2013

    I do find it hard to believe that all boys would look at porn and then suddenly think because they have seen a certain thing happen in a porn movie, that it would be acceptable for them to do it.

    I was exposed to porn when i was younger and saw things. Granted with the internet now there are a hell of alot more stuff which is unacceptable. Saddly there is no way of banning these sites as people will only search for the proxy sites if they were really looking for the stuff.

    I just think all you can do is educate and explain that certain things are just wrong a degrading.

    1380581820
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2231
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2009

    Whilst I haven't watched the program, I feel I can bring in my own thoughts and opinions on the subject at hand.

    When I was younger, sex was just not something that was talked about in my family. It was made especially more difficult as the only sex I was interested in was between 2 men. In some respect, the porn that I found on the internet when I was younger helped me deal with and understand the various strange thoughts and feelings I was having as I was getting older, and allowed me to come to terms with my sexuality, when I couldn't talk about it with anyone.

    Again, it's this whole 'just because someone has seen something in porn, they must go and act it out' - just like the whole 'violent video games makes people commit violent acts'. Any happy, healthy, well adjusted individual is not going to act on anything they have seen in any movie or game. Those that do are people who have underlying (possibly psychological) conditions. Also, there is a vast majority of porn that is not what we call 'extreme'. And if i'm not mistaken, by next year, it will be an offence to own any material that would be considered 'extreme'.

    No parent wants to think about their children looking at, talking about or even having sex - but it happens. And parents need to start being more responsible and pro-active at talking to their children about this. I certainly wish my mother had been more open minded. It would have made my teenage years alot less hell.

    1380582124
    Mr Gooner [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 14 Sep 2013

    DavidB1986 wrote:

    Whilst I haven't watched the program, I feel I can bring in my own thoughts and opinions on the subject at hand.

    When I was younger, sex was just not something that was talked about in my family. It was made especially more difficult as the only sex I was interested in was between 2 men. In some respect, the porn that I found on the internet when I was younger helped me deal with and understand the various strange thoughts and feelings I was having as I was getting older, and allowed me to come to terms with my sexuality, when I couldn't talk about it with anyone.

    Again, it's this whole 'just because someone has seen something in porn, they must go and act it out' - just like the whole 'violent video games makes people commit violent acts'. Any happy, healthy, well adjusted individual is not going to act on anything they have seen in any movie or game. Those that do are people who have underlying (possibly psychological) conditions. Also, there is a vast majority of porn that is not what we call 'extreme'. And if i'm not mistaken, by next year, it will be an offence to own any material that would be considered 'extreme'.

    No parent wants to think about their children looking at, talking about or even having sex - but it happens. And parents need to start being more responsible and pro-active at talking to their children about this. I certainly wish my mother had been more open minded. It would have made my teenage years alot less hell.

    When you say it will be an offence to own any material that would be deemed as offensive. What about people who watch the material via a stream? People are always going to find a way around it if they want too.

    Its a bit like me watching 3pm football on a Saturday. The Premier League had the sites banned but i found away around it. Same with torrent sites like Pirate Bay.

    I think like Ork said, the best way too deal with these issues are to educate. I would certainly like to think when my boys are older and in their teens that i would be able to sit them down and explain what is right and what is wrong.

    1380582634
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2231
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2009

    Mr Gooner wrote:

    DavidB1986 wrote:

    Whilst I haven't watched the program, I feel I can bring in my own thoughts and opinions on the subject at hand.

    When I was younger, sex was just not something that was talked about in my family. It was made especially more difficult as the only sex I was interested in was between 2 men. In some respect, the porn that I found on the internet when I was younger helped me deal with and understand the various strange thoughts and feelings I was having as I was getting older, and allowed me to come to terms with my sexuality, when I couldn't talk about it with anyone.

    Again, it's this whole 'just because someone has seen something in porn, they must go and act it out' - just like the whole 'violent video games makes people commit violent acts'. Any happy, healthy, well adjusted individual is not going to act on anything they have seen in any movie or game. Those that do are people who have underlying (possibly psychological) conditions. Also, there is a vast majority of porn that is not what we call 'extreme'. And if i'm not mistaken, by next year, it will be an offence to own any material that would be considered 'extreme'.

    No parent wants to think about their children looking at, talking about or even having sex - but it happens. And parents need to start being more responsible and pro-active at talking to their children about this. I certainly wish my mother had been more open minded. It would have made my teenage years alot less hell.

    When you say it will be an offence to own any material that would be deemed as offensive. What about people who watch the material via a stream? People are always going to find a way around it if they want too.

    Its a bit like me watching 3pm football on a Saturday. The Premier League had the sites banned but i found away around it. Same with torrent sites like Pirate Bay.

    I think like Ork said, the best way too deal with these issues are to educate. I would certainly like to think when my boys are older and in their teens that i would be able to sit them down and explain what is right and what is wrong.

    I can't remember exactly, but I remember when there was the big hoo-ha about porn being blocked in the UK and having to specifically request access to it via your ISP, I remember them saying that basically "Possessing pornography that depicts simulated rape is to become a criminal offence in England and Wales to make Britain a place where there is a 'sense of right and wrong'" and to Change the law to restrict the distribution of "extreme" online videos that would not receive licences to be sold in UK sex shops.

    1380582652
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    Education is definitely the way forward but a lot if parents will not be able to deal with it. My mothers attempt of the sex talk lasted about 7 minutes and was never discussed again until I was 18 and she walked in on me doing reverse cowgirl with my then bf.
    school sex education really needs to improve too. I know some schools are getting better at it, but loads of them only do the basic biology lesson

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.