• how to make time for sex

chloxoxo [sign in to see picture]

Me and my boyfriend normally have sex about 3 times a week but I started work Monday and since then we havent had sex. It might be because this is my first job but when I get home all I want to do is eat and sleep. So I wanted to know how all of you lovely people make time for it in between everything else you have to do during the day

LetsTryThis [sign in to see picture]

This is the hardest thing we find and it is something we're working on. We also find that sometimes grown up stuff just gets in the way (we don't have children). I know some people schedule date nights but my work is very unpredictable. One thing we do to keep us thinking about sex (I find if I'm thinking about it - I want it so I make time for it), is to send naughty texts to each other during the day. I've also found reading erotica has helped my sex drive. Lol that and buying new toys! The other thing we've just invested in is the Bedroom & Romance Vow cards on here, which we're pulling two out (one each) a week and then performing the vow at some point the week ahead. (I have written some reviews that explain this in more detail).

chloxoxo [sign in to see picture]

Never thought of the vow cards before thats such a good idea! Tommorow im definatly going to send him some cheeky texts and hopefully when I come home he'll be up for it;)

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

most of our "bedroom" activity happens after 10pm, which means we often don't get to sleep until the early hours. we arrange for the occasional day o ff together, but other than we just go to work knackered, and make up the sleep during the 1 week of the month when sex is less appealing.

if you've a new job, you're going to have a short settling in period when you are extra tired, but it'll come back!

50 plus and loving it! [sign in to see picture]

Afternoons on the weekend, making sure daughter is out!! Going back to Uni soon, yah!!! We are not good late at night, need our sleep these days! But making time during the day, takes any "expectations/pressure off at night!!!

Jazzam [sign in to see picture]

Mornings!! Mornings are great, even if its just a quickie to get me going... Wakes me right up ready for work and means I keep thinking about it all day so tend to make sure there is te for round two at bedtime lol

My problem is that once I go a few days without I don't want it anymore and that's not fair on him so I use quick morning fun sessions to remind myself how good it is lmao x

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

We just stay up very late to make sure we have time for sex. By time kids are in bed, dinner dishes done, pack lunches made, cleaning etc.... It's often 10pm before I even sit down to watch tv for an hour. Then bed after 11 for sex. X

See I really struggle if I don't get enough sleep. When I go up to bed at night I need to sleep otherwise my next day is shocking and work is a nightmare. (I have just woken up from a 2 hr 30 mins 'nap'!!). My OH would get batted off if he tried it on at bedtime. Lol. For me the best time to 'catch me' is straight after work, or as 50 Plus says in the afternoons at the weekend.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

See I have five kids running around the house every weekend. Not a chance for afternoon sex. We have to wait for them to be asleep or there is no chance of any nookie

To be honest I don't know how anyone copes with kids.... let alone have sex when they're around!! :)

Don_Don [sign in to see picture]

We created Dirty Thursday, Filty Friday, Slutty Saturday..... wife starded taking votamins and herbal pills all which boosted libido and now we can't wait to get the little one to sleep so we can head off fo a session.....

Don_Don [sign in to see picture]

Although we do find that we miss mid afternoon or when ever we fancy it......

miss poet [sign in to see picture]

me and my bf don't live close but we spend most weekends together due to.my work schedule. We speak everyday on the phone and send a lot of dirty texted and pics its fun...love send him pics of new toys or underwear i brought gives him something to look forward to.

M-J [sign in to see picture]

We have 4 kids and still have it 5 nights a week. If you don't have kids why not try a quick bj or full quickie whilst dinner is cooking. We sneak it in in the morning, the evening (as soon as the kids are in bed). We take baths together, it all helps to get you in the mood and feel more connected to each other. End of the day it's not the amount of times you have sex but the fact that you are and the quality. If you're tired chances are your sex life will take a tumble till you find your feet x

smirnoff09 [sign in to see picture]

Fittign in a decent sex life is not easy but it is a case of making time, it is a slippery slope of not spendign time togehter so it is imorotant you work out a time on a regular basis to spend time together.

Working and having kids can put pressure on maintaining a relationship so for us it is about having a strong routine for the kids and blocking time out so things like turning phones off one evening a week and enjoying a meal together or going out at least once a month n our own...

It is also about the little things a foot rub after a hellish day, a chat about each others days, saying somethign positve to each other when we both return home is a tip my gran told me and it is something we try to do...worked for my grandparents who were married 64 yrs.

swingcouple [sign in to see picture]

First thing on Saturday and Sunday mornings, before breakfast, are our regular 'bookings' with occasional before-bed play too when we're in the mood. Think it's important to put aside a regular time just for sex.

wreck it ralph [sign in to see picture]

This is the great thing about these forums, you get to find out other people have the same problems as you. Me and my partner work and have 2 kids, one of which is a toddler so mostly its bedtime we have some, it can be tough when you are both tired and have stress of work. I like to know in advance that i am going to have sex later that night (hear me out) it gets me excited, i get turned on thinking about what we'll be doing and I countdown the hours till bedtime, my oh likes it to be spontaneuos but thats hard to do when you both work and its lthe last thing on your mind at bedtime.

As others have said you will settle into the working pattern. Those vow cards sound good (might get them myself) and the cheeky texts or naughty pics are a good idea (i am forever bombarding my oh with them) and maybe a morning when yous both know yous will have sexc that night will increase the sex drive for later, hope it all works out.

geebee [sign in to see picture]

Me and my boyfriend dont live together, so we only get weekends to spend time together. He works and is full time carer to 3 children, i have 4 children so it can get pretty mad with kids all round us. It usually works we get every other weekend chid free so make the most of what time we get.

If we have kids about, its either in the morning before they know we are up, or late at night, but even if we dont get to have sex, we always make time for a cuddle before bed.

We usually speak 3 times a week and text all day.

Geebee

geebee wrote:

But even if we dont get to have sex, we always make time for a cuddle before bed.

Geebee

Definitely this. If grown-up life does stop us from being at it like rabbits we do make sure there is still lots of intimacy in the day. From the hug in the kitchen as we're cooking tea, to the stroking of our bodies as we snuggle up to watch TV. It all keeps that bond special. :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.