• How would I bring up an embarrassing medical issue to a potential new partner?

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

I'd give it a few dates, and depending how quickly things progressed bring it up by perhaps mentioning the operations or something. If he can't get past it he isn't worth it!

Poppicat [sign in to see picture]

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

We are no saying she introduces herself and says ' wanna see my drain"
    We are saying get to know the people, go in a few dates , explain she has had serious spinal surgery and has a drain Insitu but its not a permanent thing: she might end up thinking these men are dicks before she even needs to get to the point of telling them about her health concerns. But if she likes a guy enough to consider having a sexual relationship with, then she should be upfront and not drag it out

Some people seem to have misunderstood me, I havent had surgury on my spine. I said backend as in my bum. I wouldn't be embarrised about back surgury. Its the fact that they will see it when we get to the physical stuff. Iam also not sure how it will effect sex etc. It causes me some pain from day to day. I am just not sure how sex will effect it. I guess it will just be trial and error as to what will work.

Thanks for the advice I agree it will be a good filter. I am just anoyed as Its only been the past year I have stopped being so uptight about sex and have been enjoying myself, before I just avoided guys.

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Sorry I meant bum. It's because I work I. Spinal surgery in just bloody obsessed with it. I automatically wrote spine because I'm soo used to writing about it

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

At the end of the day, anyone you are chatting to on Eharmony or whatever, is going to have 20 other girls pages open, they just are.

Anything BEFORE you meet will just see your tab closed.

Its not nice, but there it is.

Once you've got past the first stage, a minor issue wont be an issue.

But feel free to prove me wrong

Fizz and Sparkle [sign in to see picture]

I sort of agree with KX, if you are internet dating. Unfortunately people can tend to be shallow and judgemental, quickly moving on to the next person if you don't tick all the boxes.

Meet up in real life, see how you feel about him, and you wil probably get a better judgement of how he will react, if and when it comes to a point in your relationship that you want to take things further than few cheeky drinks and need to discuss your drain ?

good luck, xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.