• What do I do about a crotch bulge?!

Zodiac [sign in to see picture]

Hey everyone, I am not too familiar with the message boards yet so if I'm posting this in the wrong forum;  Mods, please feel free to move this thread.

Anyways, Here's the situation:

I'm a guy in my twenties, and recently bought a few pairs of trousers ( casual chinos with a straight cut ). Now I love these trousers, but I'm having an issue with the crotch bulge. These aren't skinny trousers at all. They skim over my legs and are not too tight nor too loose. I felt they were a perfect fit. However, when I'm sitting down (and sometimes walking) my package bulge tends to become fairly obvious. I noticed it only when I caught a lady sneaking glances at it during a bus ride. I have since noticed women looking at it sometimes as I'm standing around or walking (I overheard a lady tell her friend "Look at his trousers" once as I walked past her) Now to be frank, I'm only average sized but with a little more girth perhaps. And the bulge is not obvious in  my other looser fitting trousers. The issue here is that I'm a little self concious about it as I don't know if it is a good or bad thing to have women keep looking at it (And some make their staring obvious) .

I understand that most women sneak a peek just as men enjoy stealing a glance at a woman's assets but it just bothers me and I am always finding a way to cover it up either by crossing my legs as I sit or by leaving my gym bag on my lap when I'm sitting (when I carry one). These trousers are about to be retired to the sad old corner in my wardrobe where old clothes go to live out their remaining days before being donated.

SO my question to you ladies is: Do you find it attractive if you see a man's bulge through his trousers especially if its a pair of well fitting ones and not some skinny jeans? Should I be proud of it or should I just get new trousers with a more relaxed fit? What are your thoughts?

And for the guys: Have you had this issue before and if so, How do you deal with it? And no, the bulge is not caused by an erection and as mentioned, I'm only average sized. Any suggestions?

MissChar [sign in to see picture]

My boyfriend is rather well endowed so in all his trousers, jeans, chinos whatever he has a prominent bulge....he's not embarrassed by it though, I'm more embarrassed because he always calls me out on staring at it lol! But it's very distracting and i look at it and imagine what's underneath and mmm...but only for my man, I don't notice anyone else's tbh. 

There's nothing wrong with it but if you're uncomfortable about it get a looser fit, otherwise be confident!! Most people probably won't notice anyways unless is like David Bowie in Labyrinth. Lol. 

repliquant [sign in to see picture]

Zodiac wrote:

And for the guys: Have you had this issue before and if so, How do you deal with it? And no, the bulge is not caused by an erection and as mentioned, I'm only average sized. Any suggestions?

Only a boring suggestion... I'd switch to something that doesn't press on your balls. The jewels like ventillation and lots of space — it's 10^10 times healthier in the long run, and you'll make more babies this way ;) With that in mind, if I were you I'd wear tight things only for effect — if that's the point — and for short periods of time only.

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

I dont wear jogging bottoms for this very reason.

I might as well go naked, you'd see less!

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

MissChar wrote:

Most people probably won't notice anyways unless is like David Bowie in Labyrinth. Lol. 

This did make me giggle, love that film but that was quite prominant!

Anyway to your question i can't say i've ever really noticed. Sneeking a look is honestly not something i do to passing men (do it to my partner all the time cos i know what's in there lol).

There's nothing wrong with it though but if it makes you uncomfortable try a looser fit.

Thanks for the replies folks

Miss Char: I am quite confident in my body, I've just never seen reactions like this before so it caught me off guard. Then again most of my jeans and trouser fits used to be on the looser side (I used to dress for comfort rather than style). As you said though I should be more confident with it. Besides, I've never had a negative reaction from a woman looking at it so I shall assume they like what they see.

Repliquent: It doesn't press on my balls at all actually. It is really comfortable apart from the bulge it causes which confuses me further as to why it happens (I think the manufacturer is having a laugh). I also use boxer briefs of good quality to ensure nothing gets too compressed down there (Not so much for the making baby part but for comfort purposes :) )

KebertXela: Truth! I stopped using jogging bottoms from an incident many years ago when a fellow student at my school told me she could see everything when I had jogging bottoms on while playing football. I haven't used them since!

Lou: It makes me uncomfortable as I don't know if its a good or bad thing to have people look at it. I do love those trousers though.

I just got to get used to the idea that its not a bad thing if your package is on display sometimes especially if you're not doing it on purpose.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

I don't particularly find bulges attractive, though to be honest I don't go around looking at that area either!    I agree that its about how you feel.

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

If they're a ncie pair of trousers, like you say, I wouldn't get rid of them just because of a buldge! I'm female and sometimes a couple of my trousers make it look like I have a buldge (the manufacturers are having an even bigger laugh!)

I can't stand when you can see through jogging bottoms, but I find nothing wrong with a nice buldge in a pair of nice/well fitting/not scruffy jeans. When single I'd be one of the ones guilty for having a peak!

saucey21 [sign in to see picture]

go with it. i like starring at people in general. especially at the gym. i have big boobies i get starred at all the time. forget about it be bold be proud

Janny [sign in to see picture]

I dont really care, I walk around in my underwear among my flat-mates. Having said that, if I would become properly, erm... aroused on a bus, it might be a little embarrasing - though can't really think of why that would happen on my bus-route

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

I read the title as "crotch budgie" :-D

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever...

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

What were you expecting the Alice and were you disappointed?

Now a crotch budgie I would say is something to worry about. I know some people like biting, but pecking??

I have no idea what a crotch budgie is, can someone explain? A Google search didn't help either.

Zodiac wrote:

I have no idea what a crotch budgie is, can someone explain? A Google search didn't help either.

Don't think it's anything.... But I suppose if you think about budgie smugglers...which are speedos.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

MissChar wrote:

Zodiac wrote:

Don't think it's anything.... But I suppose if you think about budgie smugglers...which are speedos.

I thought they were banana hammocks?  

I remember that being mentioned in Friends and it took me years to figure out the joke!  

Lol they are both. Budgie smugglers I think might be an Aussie term? If none of you have ever heard of it but I'm sure people have said it to me in the Uk!

haha 'Princess Consuela Banana Hammock'

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Zodiac wrote:

SO my question to you ladies is: Do you find it attractive if you see a man's bulge through his trousers especially if its a pair of well fitting ones and not some skinny jeans? Should I be proud of it or should I just get new trousers with a more relaxed fit? What are your thoughts?

Nobody likes being treated like a piece of meat: man or woman. 

if they make you feel self concious i would send them to the charity shop  and chalk it up to experience.  

Next time try on trousers in the changing room - and sit down on the chair with them on so you can feel and see how they look on you

Crotch budgie - in my head I had a budgie (the bird) hiding in the crotch bit of a guys trousers... :P

Janny [sign in to see picture]

I make MissChar right think the term is Budgie Smuggler, think Olympic diver Tom Daly

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.