• Haven't read 50 shades?

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

fizzy wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

SophieM wrote:

fizzy wrote:

SophieM wrote:

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

I preferred FSOG to the crossfire books. The last book in the crossfire trilogy has a crap ending.

I do agree that the last book had a terrible ending. To me, it felt as though she'd rushed it to get it released seing as it was already a few months behind. I'm just hoping the next one more than makes up for it!

This is why i haven't read the 3rd crossfire book as ive heard its crap!

I'd say it's worth a read just to keep up on what's going on in the story, especially as there's another book coming out at some point in the future. If you can, try and get it from a library and save the pennies. :)

Yeah but then you have the possible embarrassment of the librarian knowing your taste in literature. Unless they do computer checkout in public libraries these days? I haven't been to a non academic library in 3 years or more so I don't know if it's changed!

I'm quite lucky that we swap ertoic fiction books with each other at work i may have to read the 3rd book if its worth it sophie. Cat lady have you tried ebay?

I used to use Ebay very frequently at one time, though those were in the more innocent days so nothing of this particular nature - mostly collectables when I was into collecting something specific! I hardly ever use Ebay at the moment, though that's probably due to not having an income. I think I have used it once in the last year!

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

fizzy wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

SophieM wrote:

fizzy wrote:

SophieM wrote:

Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

I preferred FSOG to the crossfire books. The last book in the crossfire trilogy has a crap ending.

I do agree that the last book had a terrible ending. To me, it felt as though she'd rushed it to get it released seing as it was already a few months behind. I'm just hoping the next one more than makes up for it!

This is why i haven't read the 3rd crossfire book as ive heard its crap!

I'd say it's worth a read just to keep up on what's going on in the story, especially as there's another book coming out at some point in the future. If you can, try and get it from a library and save the pennies. :)

Yeah but then you have the possible embarrassment of the librarian knowing your taste in literature. Unless they do computer checkout in public libraries these days? I haven't been to a non academic library in 3 years or more so I don't know if it's changed!

I'm quite lucky that we swap ertoic fiction books with each other at work i may have to read the 3rd book if its worth it sophie. Cat lady have you tried ebay?

I'd definitely give it a read, even just to keep up with what's happening. :)

I always get books from the library, purely because I can't afford to buy them myself. Although if I read a book that I really enjoy then I'll make sure I have the money to buy it when I decide I want another read. In the different local librarie's I go to, none of the librarians even bat an eyelid when I check-out and return boks. I was a little embarassed at first but I've done it so many times that I couldn't really care less if they were judging me. Honestly, if the they went through my loan history they'd probably have a heart attack!

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

SophieM and Cat lady

buying books can be expensive since iv'e got a kindle app i read a much wider viarety of books and have found some great books i have really enjoyed reading the Xcite books and some of the books are as little as 33p!

Ah yes, Kindle is a great idea! I have downloaded lots of free or cheap ones, and was given a load by family friends as well :)

I've never been big on sexy books but I will definitely look into Kindle ones in future. Sadly I missed the boat on the one by LH members cos that was before I bought the Kindle.

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Cat Lady wrote:

Ah yes, Kindle is a great idea! I have downloaded lots of free or cheap ones, and was given a load by family friends as well :)

I've never been big on sexy books but I will definitely look into Kindle ones in future. Sadly I missed the boat on the one by LH members cos that was before I bought the Kindle.

I got both the lovehoney books and i thought they where great i also got a copuple of the Lily Harlem books when they where free with the blog ages ago. I have never not finished reading a book before i got the kindle but i found some of the free ones awful!

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

fizzy wrote:

SophieM and Cat lady

buying books can be expensive since iv'e got a kindle app i read a much wider viarety of books and have found some great books i have really enjoyed reading the Xcite books and some of the books are as little as 33p!

I have the kindle app on my phone and laptop, and have got some free and cheap books downloaded on them. I find all the 'mainstream' books pretty much the same price as paperbacks though, sometimes dearer. I'd much rather have a paperback as it feels like I've actually purchased something with my money. :)

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

" I'd much rather have a paperback as it feels like I've actually purchased something with my money. :)"

I agree!

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

I love my kindle, means I can make the print bigger, have brought City Maid and have samples of the Cassandra story's which I will be buying hated fsog, unreadable Sorry to fans I only did two chapters and that was enough.

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

" I'd much rather have a paperback as it feels like I've actually purchased something with my money. :)"

I agree!

I like both now I'm a Kindle convert. There's more of a thrill to buying actual books and the feel is nicer, plus I love finding real books in charity shops but the Kindle is more portable.

I'm thinking that in future I will buy paper copies of books whose author I'm a particular fan of, and if I am collecting the "set" and again charity shop/sale purchases. But for one offs and things I'm not sure of, it will be the Kindle. Also in the unlikely event I need things for more academic purchases sometimes a Kindle is easier.

jojomojo [sign in to see picture]

I haven't read them and I'm in two minds about them. I'm not sure if I want to read them because I want to read then or because everyone else has read them.

Alastor [sign in to see picture]

Cat Lady wrote:

I agree!

I like both now I'm a Kindle convert. There's more of a thrill to buying actual books and the feel is nicer, plus I love finding real books in charity shops but the Kindle is more portable.

I'm thinking that in future I will buy paper copies of books whose author I'm a particular fan of, and if I am collecting the "set" and again charity shop/sale purchases. But for one offs and things I'm not sure of, it will be the Kindle. Also in the unlikely event I need things for more academic purchases sometimes a Kindle is easier.

Anything to make the cost of Academic texts more affordable! :-)

Alastor wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

I agree!

Anything to make the cost of Academic texts more affordable! :-)

Yeah, and some of them are HUGE! It's not likely I will need any now though, unless I undertake independent research as a writer. It's a shame I wasn't willing to consider the value of Kindles earlier though, but that's my fault!

Can I ask what you studied?

BA was English (Literature) with Creative Writing. It started off as straight English but I wanted to take extra creative modules. The MA is Arthurian Literature.

ZoeTheBabe [sign in to see picture]

I had contemplated buying FSOG when it first came out (and when very few people actually knew what it was about!). I never ended up buying it because I thought it didn't really look that interesting from the cover. Normally I read a books' blurb straight away but I was on my lunch break and literally only had minutes to browse. Then, when it basically went world-wide famous, that curiosity was still there but there were some terrible reviews that really put me off. I still haven't read it yet but I have gotten into a few series that are similar - "Kight's Mistress" by C C Gibbs and I just bought "Bared To You" by Sylvia Day.

Cat Lady wrote:

BA was English (Literature) with Creative Writing. It started off as straight English but I wanted to take extra creative modules. The MA is Arthurian Literature.

Was the MA mostly taught or research?

Alastor wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

Was the MA mostly taught or research?

Technically taught but obviously lots of research stuff as well because we didn't have that many classes. If I remember rightly the same level of degree which is entirely research based is an MPhil.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.