• Friends with benefits? Plus, win!

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Do friends with benefits have better sex? Can the relationship ever survive? Check out the blog post and leave a comment to be automatically entered to win a Toyfriend bunny vibe!

Thanks,

Nicole

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

Awesome article!

I'm not sure how well it would work, I think it'll take a certain person to be able to pull it off.

Love the video clip too, Sheldon cracks me up. He's so funny! Didn't know he was 40 until a few months ago, shocked me so much!

Thanks FrozenAngel! Had no idea he was 40 - crazy!

HoneyLara [sign in to see picture]

I'm not sure, the guy I was close to and having sex with, I did really enjoy the sex compared to a realtionship I had. And it felt amazing, though because we are good friends, and I'm not going to lie but I have strong feelings for him. It still ends up going weird and coming to a stop as it's always odd when one cares far more for the other.
    We are still good friends, and I'm extremly happy for that but don't think we will be having sex again.
    Works for some but not for me.

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

Sheldons 40! That's the most shocking thing I've heard on this site lol.

Anyway i can see the appeal of this kind of arrangement if you can separate yourself emotionally and be confident enough to say what you want but there is always the danger that the other person may not handle it as well even if you can.
    It wouldn't work for me personally as that's not something i can do.

For me sex is better with someone i love. I say that because although i don't have more casual sex i havent been in love or felt as deeply about previous partners as i do about my current partner and the sex is so much better now than it has ever been before because im completely comfortable with myself, can tell him exactly what i want and need and have no inhibitions with him because i know how he feels about me.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Wow he looks so young! :O I got to tell my partner that when he gets home!

MissChar [sign in to see picture]

WHAT!? SHELDON IS 40?? Blown my mind...

like lou22 this is definitely the most shocking thing I have seen and learned on this site! X

Great blog post though Nicole :) xx

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

I know! I was so shocked when I found out I had to google it to confirm he looks so young.

SassyFF [sign in to see picture]

SEx with benefits can definately work if played out the right way. A few years ago my other half was working away a lot, and our b/f was having problems with his misses, my o/h suggested he stay at ours a few nights a week to get out of the house and sort their problems out. While me o/h was away we had web cam sex I would have an array of toys with me (chosen by my o/h and he would tell me what to do for him in front of the cam.

Then one weekend when my o/h was home our b/f was over yet again and we were all drinking, our b/f started talking about his lack of sex with his o/h and said how do we cope with being apart during the week. my o/h blurts out everything, telling him how huge my sexual appetite was and how i would wear him out when he got home.

He then suggested that our b/f keep me company while he was away. At first i was very wary of course i loved our b/f as we had known him for 20 years but not in an i want to sleep with you kind of love. I was happy with the toy arrangement and was worried that this would cause problems in our relationship.

However after a couple of will we wont we wham bam back to you room thank you mam, no passion no orgasm he got what he wanted attempts, the friends with benefits becan to blossom. And while my o/h was away I regularily had sex with my b/f.

After a few months he and his o/h (whom never knew about out arrangement) finally sorted their problems out and they got back together. and we have remained close friends as we were before, my other half and I are still as close and sexually active as ever and our b/f is regarded as an even closer b/f.

Friends with benefits definately worked for us but i dont know how well it would work if we were single, as i worry emotions rather than sexual lust would have got in the way

LeeP2345 [sign in to see picture]

Oh wow that sounds amazing SassyFF. I only wish I had friends as good as you to have helped me through some recent difficult times. I really do think that friends with benefits could work as well, however I have never tried it....

Thanks for all the great comments :)

bumblebee [sign in to see picture]

MissChar wrote:

like lou22 this is definitely the most shocking thing I have seen and learned on this site! X

me too!!!!

bumblebee wrote:

MissChar wrote:

me too!

I really thought he was about 26!

[suspended user]

suspended user

I would have said his 25, 30 at the very oldiest.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

The actor Jim Parsons is 40 but the wikia page says that Sheldon the character is 33 which makes a lot more sense.

wellusedcock [sign in to see picture]

iw ould love to be you fwb sassy

Corset_is [sign in to see picture]

Someone just asked me to be his "fuck buddy" but I actually found this quite offensive. Firstly, we met on a dating site and when we first met he said he was looking for a girlfriend. Secondly, how come I am only good enough to be his "fuck buddy"?!! How insulting is that?!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Corset_is wrote:

Someone just asked me to be his "fuck buddy" but I actually found this quite offensive. Firstly, we met on a dating site and when we first met he said he was looking for a girlfriend. Secondly, how come I am only good enough to be his "fuck buddy"?!! How insulting is that?!

some guys seem to think it's a compliment I guess.......

Corset_is [sign in to see picture]

It so ISN'T a compliment to me Popk1n! Eurgh!!!

KeptLocked [sign in to see picture]

I had a FWB relationship for a few month some years ago. It was at a time when I had finished a relationship and didn't want anything serious and my FWB didn't want a relationship at that time eiither.

As I say it only lasted a few months but worked out very well for us. We drifted a bit and about 8 months later she started to see someone so we just left it there. Her & her husband and me & my wife are still friends now - no problems, but I guess it's because we were clear with each other when we started what we wanted and were open and honest.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.