• Embarrasment at the Post Office

Kittycat102 [sign in to see picture]

To be honest, I wouldn't care if a courier or the people at the post office knew what I had ordered and I wouldn't be bothered to tell them that it's sex toys if I was returning something

[suspended user]

suspended user

Wouldn't bother me!!! Gives the posties something to giggle about I guess!!!

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I must say I have had this a couple of times, the first time I said toys, to which I was asked are their any batteries, yes built in Rechargable batteries, and that was the end of that.

The second time I had a very senior sales assistant, who was persistent with what sort of toys! So I said sex toys, she blushed and said are they any good. Most of them yes, was my reply.

The thought of converting a pension age lady to the world of sex toys made me smile the rest of the day.

Genuinely I think the new way of phrasing the questions is due to a lot of fraud with laptops mobile phones ect. Where people are sending items damaged then claiming on the insurance for a new one. That was what I was told when I asked why they needed to know.

it makes me wonder what I should say.

eg. Sexy underwear = clothing

12" dildo = ornament

rechargable vibrator = remote controls car?

pegguin [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

I must say I have had this a couple of times, the first time I said toys, to which I was asked are their any batteries, yes built in Rechargable batteries, and that was the end of that.

The second time I had a very senior sales assistant, who was persistent with what sort of toys! So I said sex toys, she blushed and said are they any good. Most of them yes, was my reply.

The thought of converting a pension age lady to the world of sex toys made me smile the rest of the day.

Genuinely I think the new way of phrasing the questions is due to a lot of fraud with laptops mobile phones ect. Where people are sending items damaged then claiming on the insurance for a new one. That was what I was told when I asked why they needed to know.

it makes me wonder what I should say.

eg. Sexy underwear = clothing

12" dildo = ornament

rechargable vibrator = remote controls car?

Based on the fact that half of the items LH sends me seem to have 'novelty toy' writtten on them, go with that?

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

what a hilarious experience at the local post office, returning a sex toy internationally. I live in a small village where everyone knows everyone. My mother-in-law works there and so does our friends mom, luckily the in-law wasn't working today but I'm sure she'll hear about what I get upto when she returns to work *blushes* So we went to the counter and was asked what the contents were. I replied electrical, she said is there a battery, and what electrical product it is. I had brain freeze as I was taken aback when she asked. My fella said "you know for the bedroom"! I said to her you know exactly what sort of electrical item it is as you read the address, she burst out laughing! My ohs like "you can't beat a good massager" and I said it's all about the fifty shades. Then we had a great chat about the trilogy which she loves as much as me! There was more banter whilst half the village was in and out......I wasn't embarrassed at all, a slight concern over what my mother-in-law is going to think of me now though haha! πŸ˜†

Kirsty92 [sign in to see picture]

She had no right to ask

With the amount of parcels I've been collecting the posty will probably think I've got a house stuffed with them falling out of everywhere but realistically only one was LH

I didn't think she'd a right to ask either ha! It was so unexpected when she interrogated me, i was stunned lol! I think it's because I know her and her son (our pal) well and she just wanted some banter. I have to admit at first my mind just blanked because I was answering her questions, its electrical, no battery and she just pursued the truth out of me! I have a sneaky suspicion (because of the conversation we all had that she's into sex toys aswell.....it's safe to say I'll be avoiding the mother-in-law like the plague for awhile as she's certain to tell her.....oh dear 😞

Ladybette [sign in to see picture]

When I was asked 'may I ask what's inside?' I said 'no, you can't' and that was that. They only need to know it isn't on the prohibited list which I'll happily tell them. I'd tell them it was a toy at a push but the I'd also point out that it's a return with a pre printed label from the company that sent it in the first place so it's clearly a post friendly item. Well that's if I was in a good mood. If I was in an arsy mood, which I am frequently, I'd ask them very loudly if they were sure they needed to know then tell them equally as loudly that it was sex toys/sex retraints whatever. And I'd love watching them squirm. πŸ˜†

Ladybette [sign in to see picture]

I also doubt that they scan stuff without valid reason, I'm fairly sure the address would be well known amongst alot of staff..it's not exactly a small company anymore.

Mr and Mrs F [sign in to see picture]

As a postal worker, we do have to ask what's inside parcels, due to recent changes in policy from the civil aviation authority. Simply just saying electrical goods or just toys is enough. You should only be asked at that point if it contains batteries or not so we can apply the correct labels to the parcel. At no point will they require exact specifics of the contents.

That said I have had a few customers just say exactly what was in the packet!

Lol, I'm not bothered about it at all. Ive known these people ever since I can remember. The lady is one of the most witty, lovely people I know. She just did it for a laugh which I dont mind... turned out to be great banter. I said to her you knew exactly what type of electrical goods I'm talking about because I saw you read the address and she burst out laughing! So it's all good....oh and I don't think she's told the ohs mum because she would of let me know *phew*
    Thanks mr and Mrs f for telling us the policy changes :)

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Matt O wrote:

Afternoon Everybody!

I spoke to Royal Mail this morning who have told me that the rules and regulations changed in July, which means the Post Office may need to ask a question or two about any parcel that may be transported on a plane (even within the UK). The Civil Aviation Authorties have asked that they do this.

Despite this, the questions they should be asking are not open ones like 'what's in the box''! They should simply be asking about dangerous goods etc

@ Mr And Mrs F, So now I'm confused as postal workers still think they can ask open questions like what's inside the parcel when we're being told they can't or shouldn't be asking that😁

I think it basically just comes down to colloquialism. We are told to say something along the lines of "for the purpose of safety can we ask what's inside the parcel", and if people say they don't want to say what's inside we can just show them the dangerous goods list and ask if it contains any of the items listed. I've never been told we shouldn't be asking them what's inside, it's possibly a distinction between the different types of branch of post office, but I'm not sure on that.

rockinrob [sign in to see picture]

Does anyone see a problem with that

"Is what you want to send on this list of things we won't let you send?"

"Err no"

"Ok then"

I'd say the easiest way of doing it is as you present the parcel just say it's an unwanted gift, and if it contains batteries or not. If it does contain batteries you will simply be asked if they are loose or attached, so we can apply the correct label. But there's never an occasion (unless you are sending it internationally that we need to know WHAT it is.

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

what is the rule on batteries? are batteries not allowed to be posted inside toys?

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

what is the rule on batteries? are batteries not allowed to be posted inside toys?

The rules on batteries are very complicated as you will see if you look up royal mail's restricted goods page. One obvious crazy thing is that you can send new NiMH batteries but not (apparently) used ones. So if you bought a rechargable vibrator that used NiMH cells and it failed after brief use it would seem you would not be able to return it as the cells are not 'new' in the strict sense of the word. How you are to tell if the built in cells are NiMH or LiPo (which seemingly can be sent used) is anyone's guess.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I think everyone needs more sexual happiness in thier lives, especially those grumpy postal workers!

I don't particularly want to ever have to tell the postie in case he tells my family but if anyone finds out I'll just say look I'm 23 a virgin and alone therefore I'm using toys to stop me from just sleeping around I thought it was a responsible thing to do

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.