• Embarrasment at the Post Office

luvved up cupple [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm, just read this thread and have been reminded of when i sent a parcel back a few weeks ago, sent it back pretty much as it came to us in the LH box just scribbled my address out and stuck the return label on, took it to my corner shop PO and handed it over, the girl behind the desk (I say girl she was probably somewhere from 17-25 god im rubbish at ages) was about to ask - im guessing - the whats in the box question, saw the return label, looked back at me, grinned to herself and continued. Now everytime i go there and shes working i think we're both playing the I-wonder-if-they've-ordered-anything-new game!

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Just spotted another good one with the battery regs - the prohibition of used NiMh batteries.

It seems that if you buy, say, a rechargeable vibrator mail-order and it just so happens to use NiMh rechargeable cells and you charge it up and use it for a while and it then develops a fault you would be breaking the regs if you sent it back because the cells in it would then be 'used'.

FFS.

Kasey [sign in to see picture]

luvved up cupple wrote:

Hmmm, just read this thread and have been reminded of when i sent a parcel back a few weeks ago, sent it back pretty much as it came to us in the LH box just scribbled my address out and stuck the return label on, took it to my corner shop PO and handed it over, the girl behind the desk (I say girl she was probably somewhere from 17-25 god im rubbish at ages) was about to ask - im guessing - the whats in the box question, saw the return label, looked back at me, grinned to herself and continued. Now everytime i go there and shes working i think we're both playing the I-wonder-if-they've-ordered-anything-new game!

That's hilarious.

I wonder if my postie knows whats going on...

50 plus and loving it! [sign in to see picture]

I started a similar post a couple of weeks ago. It seems that the post office must know what is inside now! I couldn't think of an answer so I just walked away and put the parcel in the post box, as it's free delivery!!! And yes, it go to LH. Seemingly new rules, or just being nosey!!!!

littlebox [sign in to see picture]

God, me and my boyfriend had to face this situation the other day when I needed to send back a few toys i'd brought. The post office woman literally asked 'what's in it?' so my boyfriend replied 'just some bits and pieces' to which she then replied (with quite an attitude), 'well i need to know exactly what is in it otherwise i can't send it!' Safe to say my boyfriend was silent for a while before finally being basically bullied into saying 'sex toys..' and her reply being 'textiles?' ...'SEX TOYS!' ...'oh ok if you want to come down to the end..'.
    LUCKILY there wasn't a queue behind us but god, did this really p*** me off!! Not once did she ask about the dangerous stuff on the poster, just straight up 'what is it?'! Glad I made my boyfriend deal with it though and not me. Safe to say we will be writing a complaint, especially as the girl seemed to be having a funny conversation with the other assistant next to her during this whole horrible experience.

somegirlinthisworld [sign in to see picture]

I used the post office near my uni today, and I faced the exact problem. When I use the post offince near my home I never get asked anything. I told the woman at the post office that I was returning some stuff and she didn't ask me any further quuestions.

LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]

Im a bit confused about all of this. Does this mean if I order some special batteries, Im thinking AAA for a toy Im buying, if the toy doesn't work, does that mean I cant send the batteries back even though LH sent them in the first place?

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Im a bit confused about all of this. Does this mean if I order some special batteries, Im thinking AAA for a toy Im buying, if the toy doesn't work, does that mean I cant send the batteries back even though LH sent them in the first place?

Strictly speaking, yes!

Gyrator53 wrote:

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Strictly speaking, yes!

But thats crazy!!! I mean LH use Royal Mail so how does that work???
    somegirlinthisworld [sign in to see picture]

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Gyrator53 wrote:

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Strictly speaking, yes!

I think because love honey trading is a PLC they have a licence to send batteries, rather like lloyds pharmacy can send medcine to your home but you as an indavidual cant send medicine to another indavidual

somegirlinthisworld wrote:

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Gyrator53 wrote:

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Strictly speaking, yes!

I think because love honey trading is a PLC they have a licence to send batteries, rather like lloyds pharmacy can send medcine to your home but you as an indavidual cant send medicine to another indavidual

The world has officially gone mad. I can buy it but I cant return it using the same mail company that sent it! Oh boy.
    Curly Wurly [sign in to see picture]

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

Please please can we all do this! :D

LetsTryThis [sign in to see picture]

I do love my post office! I recently returned a corset in a large LH box (I'd ordered quite a bit and used the original packaging to return it). It was easily large enough for a toy of various sorts. I was expecting the question. But didn't get asked anything!

Kinkydink [sign in to see picture]

Curly Wurly wrote:

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

Im definitely doing this the next time I have to send anything back. In fact ill probably lie and describe something really outlandish like a full gimp costume and fuckibg machine lol.
    Curly Wurly [sign in to see picture]

Kinkydink wrote:

Curly Wurly wrote:

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

Im definitely doing this the next time I have to send anything back. In fact ill probably lie and describe something really outlandish like a full gimp costume and fuckibg machine lol.

I'm already concocting some stories about sending used items of underwear to a boyfriend far away :D

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

As I said in my above post. I complained about this to Royal Mail. It was advised that Post Office employees SHOULD NOT be asking what is in the package, and you do not have to tell them. Tell them it doesn't contain any prohibited items, you've spoken to RM who have advised that they should not be asking those questions anyways so you don't really need to come up with anything. RM have not introduced this and the PO employees shouldn't be asking what's in the package, they should be asking if it contains any of the dangerious items and that is all.

xKayteex [sign in to see picture]

I have my mum on my back now as ive had to move back into her house she keeps asking me what are in the parcels!! Hahaa

Holz105 [sign in to see picture]

I must do this, even if I'm really just sending brownies to my OH.

Janny [sign in to see picture]

Just say its some beauty products or whatever

dh [sign in to see picture]

Last time i sent a few ebay parcels my local PO asked what was inside every time. I suppose its quicker than going through the list of restricted/prohibited items with everyone. My advice would just be to have a less embarassing lie ready (electric toothbrush, cosmetics, ornament etc)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.