• Embarrasment at the Post Office

    1374254256
    KebertXela [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 507
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2013

    "None of your business"

    1374258649
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 869
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    OK

    Royal Mail now scan a lot of post as it is flown instead of going by rail, new rules mean that some items which used to be postable are now prohibited.

    If the parcel was going through a Post Office, rather than being dropped in a postbox, any errors they make are tracable. So accepting parcels which are oversize or overweight for airmail gets them penalised as would accepting items which are prohibited. Some sub POs are struggling to stay in business so any penalties are going to hurt.

    They can ask you what is inside a parcel and they can refuse to accept it if you tell them it is none of their business. It is simplier to say ' returned gift'.

    If the toy contained batteries which have been removed from the packaging the new rules mean these cannot be posted details are on the RM website

    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Tell-me-about-Restricted-Goods

    xGGx

    1374259288
    uxo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 234
    • Joined: 3 Feb 2010

    Well, they've just brought in new rules which means you have to declare whether it's prohibited or not. We do a lot of post at work and this message now comes up every time we book the postage in. The new rules covers some batteries - whether the types of batteries used by various sex toys are included or not, I'm not sure.

    Whether she should be asking you specifically what was in there I'm not sure. I doubt that she should have!

    1374260930
    KebertXela [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 507
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2013

    "Is there anything prohibited"

    And

    "What is it"

    Are very different questions

    1374261656
    PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 20 Feb 2012

    That has never happened to me before! I've never been asked about the contents of a parcel when posting with a pre-paid label. They usually don't care so I do think the woman was just being difficult because she could probably see you were getting a bit embarrassed and was just being a ...female dog about it.

    About the complaint - you should definitely complain but don't get your hopes up because Royal Mail just don't give a damn and ignore all complaints anyway.

    1374262437
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 869
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    KebertXela wrote:

    "Is there anything prohibited"

    And

    "What is it"

    Are very different questions

    Would you know if something in a parcel was prohibited?

    I run a mail order business so I do know what can and cannot go, but I talk to a lot of other sellers who have no idea that the vintage zippo they just sent out is going to be destroyed even though it was sent empty.

    Or the seller who has angry customers because RM have destroyed a parcel with nail varnish in it.

    The Post Office is a different company from Royal Mail and a PO will be penalised if they let things through. It may seem like shite customer service but it is going to be more common. It is possible that the PO involved have just been pulled up for accepting a parcel that did contain prohibited goods.

    As a business owner I do what I have to in order to protect my business, that now means telling customers I cannot post out certain items. I get some who try the ' just for once' or ' can you bend the rules?' routines and they may feel that the customer service is lacking but there is nothing I can do to change that.

    Complaining to Royal Mail will not have any effect, if you want to complain it needs to be to the Post Office if it was in a Crown PO or to the Postmaster if it was a sub PO.

    1374266283
    AliMc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 749
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2011

    I have never been asked that when I have been returning a parcel to Lovehoney. I think anyone familiar with Lovehoney know they use '** Trading' on their labels, and it's possibly this woman at the post office knew what was inside and was just trying to make you nervous. If that's the case, it's a very rude way to treat a customer.

    1374270749
    Louise&James [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 44
    • Joined: 14 Apr 2013

    This happened to me once! I thought on my feet infront of OH who looked horrified and just said its a toy. i didnt need to say what type it was just accepted and that was it. but she had no right to quiz you! x

    1374280916
    Emu [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 11
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    This has made me chuckle, don't buy stuff if you're ashamed of it lol

    1374305947
    truegrace [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 538
    • Joined: 12 Aug 2012

    its no wonder people using the post office is declining, with service like this and rediculous prices, i would of told um where to go!

    1374306267
    J-Greens [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 15
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2012

    ghostgirl wrote: Would you know if something in a parcel was prohibited?

    Perhaps not, but it would be just decent manners to ask first. The lady comes off as ignorant and insulting to begin with, then to clearly pursue and harass the customer is unacceptable, at the very least!

    I'd like to think I'd write a complaint in that situation myself, but the reality would be exactly the same!

    1374309816
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2115
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

    1374310379
    Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 680
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2012

    Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

    If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

    I have to say this would be my approach! But I am someone who quite enjoys winding people up. If it is said in a very matter of fact way they probably won't believe you anyway!

    1374311138
    Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 680
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2012

    xmorningxgloryx wrote:

    Hampshire Hogg wrote:

    Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

    If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

    I have to say this would be my approach! But I am someone who quite enjoys winding people up. If it is said in a very matter of fact way they probably won't believe you anyway!

    I wish I was the sort of person that could do this. But I cringe just at the thought of it! I live in a really small village and get images of old people gossiping and than tutting at me as I walk down the street like I'm some sex pest lol How I wish I was the sort of person that doesn't care what they think..

    Last year my son's girlfriend tried to shock us all be talking about her sex toy birthday present that her friend had given her.

    I look the wind right out of her sails when I asked her if it was the six speed version with the turbo boost!

    Strangely enough she has not mentioned her toys in front of me since, I wonder why?

    1374316067
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    TESTING TESTING (trying to post a reply which my pc keeps blocking - fingers crossed this time!!!)

    1374316099
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    Crazyflower wrote:

    TESTING TESTING (trying to post a reply which my pc keeps blocking - fingers crossed this time!!!)

    OH yippee it worked lol

    1374316712
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

    If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

    This would definately be my way of dealing with nosey old post office witches

    1374316717
    MissChar [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1241
    • Joined: 3 Nov 2011

    Hampshire Hogg wrote:

    xmorningxgloryx wrote:

    Hampshire Hogg wrote:

    Naughty nurse 85 wrote:

    If she asks again just tell her is a massive dildo or anal beads and watch her turn red! Nosey old bat!

    I have to say this would be my approach! But I am someone who quite enjoys winding people up. If it is said in a very matter of fact way they probably won't believe you anyway!

    I wish I was the sort of person that could do this. But I cringe just at the thought of it! I live in a really small village and get images of old people gossiping and than tutting at me as I walk down the street like I'm some sex pest lol How I wish I was the sort of person that doesn't care what they think..

    Last year my son's girlfriend tried to shock us all be talking about her sex toy birthday present that her friend had given her.

    I look the wind right out of her sails when I asked her if it was the six speed version with the turbo boost!

    Strangely enough she has not mentioned her toys in front of me since, I wonder why?

    Oh my gosh! Lol HH that is so funny!

    1374323962
    Long Time Cumiing [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 134
    • Joined: 16 Jun 2013

    Well I've been to the Post Office this morning with my OH to return a lovehoney purchase that we decided wasn't for us.

    The woman behind the counter asked exactly what this post is discussing, exactly what was in the box. I told her I was returning an unwanted gift and she still kept pestering. She asked the lady next to her if she could send packages without knowing the contents, proceeded to give me a pamflet and asked me if it was any of that stuff.

    I told her no but she still asked what it was, I told her it was a personal item I didn't want to discuss and she told me without knowing the contents they can't send it.

    I then asked her how much detail she needed and proceeded to explain that it was a 'personal toy' that I was returning. She accepted this answer, enquired about batteries and then sent the item for me. She also told me that the Post Office had a new policy that was initiated last Monday where they have to know the contents of every package that they send, else they can't send it.

    We walked away discussing it and my OH told me she was tempted to just blurt out that it was a sex toy, or even be more discriptive and explain its exact use and functionality. I found this highly hilarous.

    If this is true and the new Post Office policy is to ask, I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

    J

    1374327208
    Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 680
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2012

    Long Time Cumiing wrote:

    Well I've been to the Post Office this morning with my OH to return a lovehoney purchase that we decided wasn't for us.

    The woman behind the counter asked exactly what this post is discussing, exactly what was in the box. I told her I was returning an unwanted gift and she still kept pestering. She asked the lady next to her if she could send packages without knowing the contents, proceeded to give me a pamflet and asked me if it was any of that stuff.

    I told her no but she still asked what it was, I told her it was a personal item I didn't want to discuss and she told me without knowing the contents they can't send it.

    I then asked her how much detail she needed and proceeded to explain that it was a 'personal toy' that I was returning. She accepted this answer, enquired about batteries and then sent the item for me. She also told me that the Post Office had a new policy that was initiated last Monday where they have to know the contents of every package that they send, else they can't send it.

    We walked away discussing it and my OH told me she was tempted to just blurt out that it was a sex toy, or even be more discriptive and explain its exact use and functionality. I found this highly hilarous.

    If this is true and the new Post Office policy is to ask, I vote all us LH users play a game that surrounds trying to embarass the Post Office staff by being as jaw droppingly discriptive as possible. Tell them it's a vibrator that didn't make you orgasm or handcuffs that dug into the headboard etc. See how embarrassed we can make them.

    J

    Or a 12"dildo that was just not big enough!

    l like that idea of moving the embarrasment at the Post Office to the other side of the counter.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.