• Encouraging OH to try waxing

    1374135735
    JVWH [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 104
    • Joined: 28 Jul 2012

    Thanks for your advice. Will see what OH thinks before booking.x

    1374142937

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3042
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    Gonna try homes waxing today.

    1374142992
    MissChar [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1241
    • Joined: 3 Nov 2011

    Lollipop ;) wrote:

    Gonna try homes waxing today.

    Lollipop let me know how it goes and what kit you used! I really wanna try. Good luck :) x

    1374150005

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3042
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    Will do sweet. :)

    1374150167
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3465
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    How about you both get waxed together?

    1374155371

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3042
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    I tried it. I use the veet easy wax strips. Well they didn't work very well at all lol. I'll have to shave tomorrow.

    1374156067
    quietguy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 47
    • Joined: 16 Apr 2009

    We tried home waxing. Nair brazilian hot wax. It says put in microwave for 90 secs if using a 1000w microwave. Well ours is an 800w and we noticed a funny smell after about 40 secs. Then I looked and saw the wax leaking from underneath the pot. Turned out it had burned a hole in the bottom of the pot. Ended up pouring the half molten wax into a bowl to then attempt the waxing itself. Put a right dampener on the whole proceding, wax got everywhere and was very messy. Didn't enjoy ripping the wax off my OH, just about managed to leave a landing strip, but didn't dare put wax near the more delicate part of her anatomy.

    I've rather we went to a professional and get it done properly.

    1374321272
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    now I would personally love to be waxed down there and to be completely hair free but must confess I wouldnt even know what to ask for or what shops would do what ever it is im after. Can anyone fill me in on all the correct 'lingo' so I at least know that and can start making enquiries??

    Thank you :)

    1374321443
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    Lollipop ;) wrote:

    I tried it. I use the veet easy wax strips. Well they didn't work very well at all lol. I'll have to shave tomorrow.

    Hi Lollipop, hope you dont mind me asking but is it not awful difficult to shave down there with all the many different curves and nooks and crannys :O ??? Any helpful advice to a first timer of the razor :)

    1374321444
    MissChar [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1241
    • Joined: 3 Nov 2011

    Crazyflower wrote:

    now I would personally love to be waxed down there and to be completely hair free but must confess I wouldnt even know what to ask for or what shops would do what ever it is im after. Can anyone fill me in on all the correct 'lingo' so I at least know that and can start making enquiries??

    Thank you :)

    If you're looking for all bare most places call it a Hollywood wax :) and you can get it done at any beautician.

    1374323436
    Crazyflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 28
    • Joined: 20 Jun 2013

    MissChar wrote:

    Crazyflower wrote:

    now I would personally love to be waxed down there and to be completely hair free but must confess I wouldnt even know what to ask for or what shops would do what ever it is im after. Can anyone fill me in on all the correct 'lingo' so I at least know that and can start making enquiries??

    Thank you :)

    If you're looking for all bare most places call it a Hollywood wax :) and you can get it done at any beautician.

    Thanks V much MissChar :) Now tell me the truth - its gotta hurt right??? lol

    1374328521
    MissChar [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1241
    • Joined: 3 Nov 2011

    Crazyflower wrote:

    MissChar wrote:

    Crazyflower wrote:

    now I would personally love to be waxed down there and to be completely hair free but must confess I wouldnt even know what to ask for or what shops would do what ever it is im after. Can anyone fill me in on all the correct 'lingo' so I at least know that and can start making enquiries??

    Thank you :)

    If you're looking for all bare most places call it a Hollywood wax :) and you can get it done at any beautician.

    Thanks V much MissChar :) Now tell me the truth - its gotta hurt right??? lol

    Every one is different, my first two waxes hurt but it gets a lot easier. My waxer told me its something to do with how it grows back. Some people find the top bit the most painful but I find the undercarriage the worst! Depends on the waxer too some...aren't so good haha.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.