• nerves??

JayBee_x [sign in to see picture]

How do you stop being so nervous??

[suspended user]

suspended user

what about?

Seduced [sign in to see picture]

Very vague post there but we caan help you if we know a little more :)

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

from somebody with anxiety issues, who is right now shacking like a leaf (due to a job interview i have today).

I have found theres only one way that really works to deal with nervous, you just say "fuck it" you accept the fact that your gona be shitting yourself and do your best to mask it by acting confident.

Seduced [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

from somebody with anxiety issues, who is right now shacking like a leaf (due to a job interview i have today).

I have found theres only one way that really works to deal with nervous, you just say "fuck it" you accept the fact that your gona be shitting yourself and do your best to mask it by acting confident.

Thats something I do a lot, Or did do a lot!

Good luck in your interview mate!

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

yup . acting confident even though inside youre dying a little ... its a daily thing por moi

[suspended user]

suspended user

depends what the nerves are about

Job interviews...........do your homework

physical relationships the other person is prolly just as nervous

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

Well, I have telephobia (don't laugh, it's a genuine phobia) and get more than nervous when it comes to calling people / picking up the phone, especially when I don't know the person that's on the other end. I usually get my family to do it for me.

Before I was asked to call someone I don't know, and I was practically shitting bricks. I couldn't even tell you how fast my heart was beating, and still is...I still haven't phoned either.

SophieM wrote:

Well, I have telephobia (don't laugh, it's a genuine phobia) and get more than nervous when it comes to calling people / picking up the phone, especially when I don't know the person that's on the other end. I usually get my family to do it for me.

Before I was asked to call someone I don't know, and I was practically shitting bricks. I couldn't even tell you how fast my heart was beating, and still is...I still haven't phoned either.

My friend has that as well, i dont like talking to people on the phone, but not phobia wise. Ive got plenty of phobias as it is!

WeeSteve wrote:

SophieM wrote:

My friend has that as well, i dont like talking to people on the phone, but not phobia wise. Ive got plenty of phobias as it is!

I reckon it's suprisingly more common that people think. I'm okay with caller ID but only if it's a friend or family member, which leads me to believe it's connected to an anxiety problem too.

Speaking of which, how did your interview go?

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

I shall not fear

fear is the mind killer

I shall face my fear

I shall let it pass through me

and when it is gone only I shall remain.

Repeat as necessary

Sophie

I just lie and tell people I'm a miserable old git, when they ask why I emailed them :)

SophieM wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

SophieM wrote:

I reckon it's suprisingly more common that people think. I'm okay with caller ID but only if it's a friend or family member, which leads me to believe it's connected to an anxiety problem too.

Im doing a shadow day tomorrow to learn what it is they do a little better.. so it went terrable! i might actually end up with a job! Im not ready to be a big boy! :P

lovable_Rogue [sign in to see picture]

A bit of dutch courage? :P haha I'm only kidding.

My motto has always been fake it 'til you make it. Basically the same as everyone else has said, just pretend you're confident and eventually you'll realise you're not pretending anymore. I know it doesn't sound overly useful but just take some deep breaths, think 'what's the worst that can happen' and as soon as you start getting good feedback you'll realise Confidence breeds confidence. Also, if you ever want to back out of a situation just think of the classic "do one thing a day that scares you" and make that your thing of the day!

KebertXela wrote:

I shall not fear

fear is the mind killer

I shall face my fear

Repeat as necessary

Sophie

I just lie and tell people I'm a miserable old git, when they ask why I emailed them :)

I actually emailed to cancel a hospital appointment once. I picked the phone up, slowly dialed the number, checked it was right a million times (okay, maybe not a million) but then nearly had a panick attack and put the phone back.

I have a serious problem...

WeeSteve wrote:

SophieM wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

SophieM wrote:

Im doing a shadow day tomorrow to learn what it is they do a little better.. so it went terrable! i might actually end up with a job! Im not ready to be a big boy! :P

Eeeee that's great news! I hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow and that you get the job. Good luck with it all! :)

SophieM wrote:

KebertXela wrote:

I shall not fear

fear is the mind killer

I shall face my fear

Repeat as necessary

Sophie

I actually emailed to cancel a hospital appointment once. I picked the phone up, slowly dialed the number, checked it was right a million times (okay, maybe not a million) but then nearly had a panick attack and put the phone back.

I have a serious problem...

Some people just dont understand anxiety disorders, they dont understand thats its irrational fears, you cant just " not worry about it" or "deal with it"

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

Shadow days are great, they must want you.

I always ask for one, never get them

LauraK [sign in to see picture]

If it is an anxiety thing then...

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm
    If the link actually works there's some pretty good workbooks on here for overcoming anxiety, they have little excercise in a stuff, I hope it helps :)

Also if the link doesn't work try typing "iap anxiety workbooks" into google

Yeah i do get nervous with phone calls if i dont know the number my heart goes and i panic and will not answer...... but i mean with everything im just nervous with oral sex,i want to do it like receive and give but im so nervous its ridiculous,im worried if im doing it right or what they are thinking,i cant stop my nerves and its stopping me.

thankyou all so far,amazing responses

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.