• is it abnormal

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

that at 34 .. though i can get off through tongue stimulation , or maybe rubbing against ither body parts , or with ''outside'' toys i can orgasm ... but ive never had a penatrative orgasm ??

dont get me wrong , i LOVE sex an i enjoy it all .. but u can onlly really cu, from te aforementioned . is this unusual or normal ???????????????

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

Hi Ruby, I am no expert as I have only had three sexual partners but I can say that to are probably not alone.

My first lover was an older women and would have been about 36 at the time, we had a particularly passionate night she could not achieve an orgasm through penatration. She finally came when I used my tongue on her and although it was nearly 25 years ago it was probably the most powerful orgasm I have ever witnessed.

dh [sign in to see picture]

I believe it's fairly normal; as far as I know clitoral stimulation is the easiest way to reach orgasm, whereas most women don't achieve one through penetration.

The only times I have given my wife an orgasm during penetration is with the help of clitoral stimulation at the same time

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

From my experience, penetrative orgasms are quite normal, although there is plenty of outside contact.

From my research, they are quite rare.

Maybe I have an odd penis.

pootle69 [sign in to see picture]

You're definitely not alone. My wife cums quite easily, but always needs clitoral stimulation by some means.

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

If anything, my current partner needs penetration

pootle69 [sign in to see picture]

My wife cums harder through clitoral stimulation with penetration than by clitoral only

FrozenAngel [sign in to see picture]

It's perfectly normal not to get an orgasm from penetration, I was also one of those women where clit stimulation gave me my orgasams, I've found that when I'm fully aroused and have orgasamed from clit stimulation I can now get great ones from penetration, but without the clit stimulation before hand I wouldn't get one. Clit stimulation and penetration together also work great for me, but you need to find out what will work for you.

BDSM [sign in to see picture]

It is not abnormal, it isn't even unusual, You are in the majority.

The vast majority of women cannot climax from penetration alone.

Fluffbags started a brilliant thread about orgasms, and it is clear from the responses, that there are very few women who climax from penetration alone.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/663632-orgasmic-differences-and-problems/

I've just noticed that you have already posted on that thread. The replies from other women should tell you all you need to know!

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

Some women can only come through clitoral stimulation, other only from internal stimulation. Some even need both. I think it's completely normal, we can't all have everything!

Shaq [sign in to see picture]

Not at all abnormal.

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

Not at all. Orgasms are very strange things!

Until very recently I was unable to cum from clitoral stimulation alone. When masturbating and during oral I found my clit very sensitive, it would feel good but then it would just feel painful/strange and I'd have to stop. I stil feel that way quite a lot of the time now!

I can make myself orgasm with my fingers on my clitoris... but sex toys have to give both internal and external stimulation to work for me... and yet my boyfriend gives me the best orgasms through internal stimulation. I'm just picky I guess!

When I heard about most women only being able to come through clitoral stimulation I felt like a complete weirdo because I'm the opposite! We're all different :) x

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

I only had clitoral orgasms until I met my current OH! Noone was more surprised than me!!

[suspended user]

suspended user

The rough statistic for women who are able to have penetrative orgasm is about 25%...... 75% don't...... so it's nothing to be self-conscious about. Some women don't get any orgasm. I had an 'occasional partner' in that category. She felt she had to fake it. Big mistake..... because it's pretty obvious when it's not genuine..... and who wants a dishonest partner?

Oh.... top tip, Ruby baby. Don't post at 2 am. What comes out is definitely not Englyish : ))

Lord_Vetinari [sign in to see picture]

An ex girlfriend of mine actually preferred tongue/ hand stimulation to penetration as it would always bring her to orgasm, whereas penetration rarely did so.

In my humble opinion you have nothing to worry about.

LV

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

Lifebuoy wrote:

The rough statistic for women who are able to have penetrative orgasm is about 25%...... 75% don't...... so it's nothing to be self-conscious about. Some women don't get any orgasm. I had an 'occasional partner' in that category. She felt she had to fake it. Big mistake..... because it's pretty obvious when it's not genuine..... and who wants a dishonest partner?

Oh.... top tip, Ruby baby. Don't post at 2 am. What comes out is definitely not Englyish : ))

hahahah what comeos out at most times atm aint hengerleesh .. i have labyrinthitis an keep going hella woozy . grrr

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Your normal girl and enjoy it x

Steve Stevenson [sign in to see picture]

Your not abnormal. Most can't. I hate that TV tells us that unless you are giving your partner multiples you are bad in bed and should be dumped. I wonder how many people lose perfectly good relationships because of this.

trailerguy61 [sign in to see picture]

Strikes me is clitoral/outside influenced orgasms given by a guy to a woman can be the most intimate and up close and personal experiences a couple can share.

As for being "abnormal" ? what`s abnormal to one person is the norm for another,

Channel 4 docu last week there was a 46 yr old who`d never had an orgasm of any kind, hadnt a clue what to expect till she was asked to trial a new, Doctor designed sex toy and only after lots and lots of practise over quite a few weeks seemingly finally achieved it.

Personally it wouldnt faze me if my partner couldnt orgasm through penetrative sex, lets not forget that there are lots of couples, lots of guys who have ED but who get by and have satisfying sex lives, it`s all about expectations and what youre happy with in a relationship, short or long term.

An orgasm is an orgasm is..............................pleasurable whichever way it`s achieved lol.

be happy !

Lillybeth [sign in to see picture]

Surprised I didn’t see this earlier.

Anyhow, Ruby you are absolutely not abnormal. I think the problem is that we all go around having ideas about what normal is. As long as you’re happy with your sex life then that’s all that matters. I think things only become abnormal, as a relative term, when your experiences change for the worse compared to what you know is normal for you.

All women have different pelvic nerve mapping and this can affect the way we orgasm along with a myriad of other factors. One thing I will say though is that getting worried about it will not help. Removing the pressure to achieve orgasm of any kind is one of the best ways to relax and tune into your body. Learn what feels good and try to follow where those sensations lead without expectation, you never know what you might find. Also, if you want a bit of a read on pelvic nerve mapping (amongst other things) read Naomi Wolf’s book “Vagina,” it’s amazing.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.