• Booty calls, romantic chats, and phone bills

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I just got my phone bill, for one of my phones today... and I made 170 calls to my partner over the last month. The other phone bill comes out in a few days too, and generally I use that one for calls to lovers due to the price plan I'm on.

But I was wondering how often people ring their lovers and or partners a week for a conversation which is a little more than just a hello.

I'm sad to confess that probably only 30 calls to my partner where 'booty' or phone sex related calls. A good chunk of about 100 probably where romantic ones and justsaying 'Love you' (ok I'm soppy at times). Then the rest where either shopping lists or 'Where the hell are you?' because I'm lovely like that ^_^

So how many booty calls do you make in a week or month?

HOw often do you call just to say something romantic?

And do you have a certain romantic message or phrase you say to each other before hanging up?

Oh and do you ever do the 'No you hang-up' fight? ;-)

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

I spend hours on the phone to T wake up call at 630ish when we finish work 5ish and about 10ish in the evening . He upgraded to unlimited minutes as we both had bills over £100 which was bad lol . But we txt loads, whatapps throught out the day I think since the beginning of this year were already at like 11k txts . Love it when my phone rings x

dh [sign in to see picture]

I'm guessing you haven't been together that long? Wait until you've been married 5 years and have a mortgage and a child. The best phonecalls you get then are usually the ones that aren't arguments!

[suspended user]

suspended user

phone every day, never have phone sex text to say ive got to where I am going safe and when Im about to take off

maltedmilk [sign in to see picture]

I've got unlimited calls but no one to try and use them all up on now! I'm with my partner practically all day every day since he lost his job, I don't know how I'm gonna cope when he goes back to work!

Generally though with other boyfriends I guess we speak and text a lot. My current boyfriend and I do text a lot also during the rarities we are apart! Xx

dh wrote:

I'm guessing you haven't been together that long? Wait until you've been married 5 years and have a mortgage and a child. The best phonecalls you get then are usually the ones that aren't arguments!

I have 5 long term relationshops ^_^ we havebeen together for 6 years. including lovers. AAnd had to deal with day-to-day too.

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

KinkyFuckery wrote:

I spend hours on the phone to T wake up call at 630ish when we finish work 5ish and about 10ish in the evening . He upgraded to unlimited minutes as we both had bills over £100 which was bad lol . But we txt loads, whatapps throught out the day I think since the beginning of this year were already at like 11k txts . Love it when my phone rings x

Yes I was about to say I've upgraded from 2,000 mins to unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data haha.

Heads up - 25th-26th March t-mobile will be doing their 'full monty' (unlimited everything) sim only package 30-day rolling contract for £16 a month down from £26

mrs average [sign in to see picture]

I often get txt off my OH to say I love you with lots of kisses, either that or messages saying work is boring cheer me up by telling me what you're wearing.

We probably send the same amount of love/ naughty txts to eachother as we do sensible txts regarding kids and shopping and stuff, but as we see eachother evey day anyway not phone calls, not appropriate when other people and the kids are around.

I do have a friend that I chat to and we alwyas joke about who's going to hang up first.. the whole you go first, no you thing. lol

I love getting I love you, or thanks for this morning txts and I love sending them to my my husband of nearly 14years. It's our little bit of romantic sanctuary where the kids can't interupt with demands, arguments or homework.

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

We struggle to keep a conversation going the 5 or so hours we are together in the evening, we just couldnt spend any time on the phone.

I get 100minutes or texts, and have never gone over that, most calls are to jobs agencies, odd housekeeping text message.

As DH said, wait till you have a mortgage and spend 16+ hours a day together.

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

I can spend three hours on IM to my friend three or four times a week, time flies when we are chatting!

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

Myself and my partner are together an hour in the morning, five in the evening, and 16 at weekends, thats 64 hours.

We lose 4 of those for her hobbies and 6 for mine.

When you spend 54 hours with your partner, you can look down your nose at me for not sending lovey dovey texts

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Its what suits your relationship , whether you live with them or your in a LDR does it really matter how you commincate ? As long as the other one knows how you feel ?

I personally love texting its quick easy can be something cheeky naughty lovely or just general it chit chat , instantly changes your mood and its nice knowing my OH is reading it with a smile on his face and sometimes even a cock rise in his pans tee hee , that makes my day.

Yes early days for me & T but don't think that will ever change even years down the line we talk loads its what works for us being far apart being part of each others day I couldn't go days without speaking to him that would be horrible. Even if I am busy with friends , I like him knowing I'm not ingnoring him . If we lived together I think it would just be the same as we have a connection to be honest open and commincate and I would hate that to change .But that works for us at the end of the day everyone is different .

P.s I forgot the 730pm call doh lol

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

We actually work together but we still text each other during the day, i like getting my naughty messages or love you texts during the day even if i do see him as well its just something we've always done.

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

I absolutely hate talking on the phone and texting so I rarely do either to my boyfriend. When we were living in different countries we would skype almost every evening, but now that we're closer together we email or gchat when we're not together.

My ex-boyfriend used to constantly text me even though I often don't check my phone for days on end - and I remember finding it very imposing and suffocating. I think it's different if both partners are equally interested in chatting all the time but when it's one-sided it's a bit pointless.

I can't imagine ever making 170 phone calls! Especially not to one person - hope your bill wasn't too high, Ness!

Lovehoney - Nicole wrote:

I absolutely hate talking on the phone and texting so I rarely do either to my boyfriend. When we were living in different countries we would skype almost every evening, but now that we're closer together we email or gchat when we're not together.

My ex-boyfriend used to constantly text me even though I often don't check my phone for days on end - and I remember finding it very imposing and suffocating. I think it's different if both partners are equally interested in chatting all the time but when it's one-sided it's a bit pointless.

I can't imagine ever making 170 phone calls! Especially not to one person - hope your bill wasn't too high, Ness!

It was very high, very very high....

I wonder now though, if it was all due to something else, like that many calls trying to just keep the race going ^_^

When I was younger emailing and things was the way, and msn. I miss that really. As with some men I was able to walk away and way up and do everyday things while we just messaged each other, we'd be at our desks a lot due to work or study anyway, so it kinda felt natural. But I did notice that when one person in the relationship didn't have any reason to be online, that this form of communication ended, sadly.

I'm not a fan on phone and texting often, I do most things via mail still, which annoyes companies. There's something about letters which make's me want to reply to them quicker, even if they are bills.

In the last year I've also had a few bad things happen via text and phone.... and not just the normal call center stuff :-p

I have a love letter though, which I can't read, due to the guys hand writing, and we must chat via phone too... which is a pain, as I love love letters in writing.

Nicole, I like the way you deal with things phone wise, and I should adopt this =) I remember when I just had a phone to play games on and ingnore / waited awhile before replying to lettle chat-up lines and things ^_^ *high school, the only way to get through breaktime when your friends were ill - gaming*

choclover [sign in to see picture]

I very rarely use the phone, OH calls me about three times a day when he's at work and we also chat on FB. I think in the last year I've used about £5 worth of credit

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.