Cap54 [sign in to see picture]

Hi all
    Just tried douching before anal play with toys and it is way better
    Than not doing it
    Just wondering how often is safe apparently
    To much is a bad thing
    Are we talking weekly monthly your thoughts please

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Some people do it every other couple of days, once a week or before you play .

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

I think there is a big difference between douching and enemas in this regard. An enema can affect the natural gut flora so should not be done too regularly. However, there is little or no chance of a douche (which only flushes the rectum) affecting the gut flora significantly.

Incendiaire [sign in to see picture]

You just want to make sure that you don't do it too much in one go. When you douche not only do you flush out all the nasty stuff, but you also remove some of the natural mucus which lubricates the rectum. If you keep rinsing it repeatedly then you can end up stripping the rectum completely, and the body is left to have to replenish it. The other point as to why you might hear some people saying that it isn't safe is that douching can actually dehydrate the rectum. This is because pure water exists nowhere in the body, and it isn't used to it. If you buy a pre-filled douche from a pharmacy then it's always a mild saline solution, because the body better reacts to a touch of salt.

If you wanted to you could probably douche as frequently as you went to the toilet, but on each occassion try not to rinse it out more than 2 or 3 times.

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

I do it an average of every 2 or 3 days and have done for about 2 years now. I take a lot of medication that realllyyyyy effects my ability to go to the toilet naturally so I get constipated, which hurts and isnt fun so I actually do it to help me go, rather than as a prep for anal sex. Sorry if TMI but there you go.

Anyway I havent come across any ill effects from doing this. I just use water and only flush once or twice but I also havent looked into it in great detail so can't tell you for sure what the risks would be.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Everything everyone else has said is pretty spot on!

You may like to check out our online guides on douching....

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/anal-sex-toys/buyers-guide/how-to-use-an-anal-douche/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2011/06/05/ask-julie-5-2011/

Cap54 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks guys
    That makes things abit clearer, i'd only douch
    At most twice a month so I don't think that'll do me any harm

MoonlightSerenity [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

I do it an average of every 2 or 3 days and have done for about 2 years now. I take a lot of medication that realllyyyyy effects my ability to go to the toilet naturally so I get constipated, which hurts and isnt fun so I actually do it to help me go, rather than as a prep for anal sex. Sorry if TMI but there you go.

Anyway I havent come across any ill effects from doing this. I just use water and only flush once or twice but I also havent looked into it in great detail so can't tell you for sure what the risks would be.

Huh, I never actually thought about trying a douche for that.

Jimi Duro [sign in to see picture]

I would have said just before anal play & nothing more...

ruffnek [sign in to see picture]

Just before play time

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.