• What can I feed my oh

mrsarthur [sign in to see picture]

Any one out there know if there are certain foods or supplements to up my hubby's sex drive ?

LauraP [sign in to see picture]

Zinc!!

Zinc is what the male body uses to make sperm :) and here's a listy http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/zinc.php

Ork that made me lol,
    Yes he does he said if I found something he would be willing to try it and see if it made any difference, he understands how frustrated I get with his low and my high sex drive.

Thanks lauraP

Dastity [sign in to see picture]

I went through something similar a while ago. My sex drive just dropped off the grid for a good six months or so.

Ultimately it was simply down to stress (I was working a LOT in a few pressured job, a busy home life) and my diet at the time was woeful (lots of nasty, fatty quick-fix foods). Just eating and sleeping well makes quite a difference, so perhaps see if there are any easy lifestyle tweaks you can make. For me it picked right back up again when I quit that job, found something I love doing, excercised and ate well... and when I saying 'picked up', I mean it was like I was 16 again.

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

Yes!!! Zinc! Trust me on this - I had absolutely zero interest in sex, I would easily go a week without masturbating. Then for the winter period I decided to dose up on vitamin C so I headed to tesco and they are doing 3 for 2 on all vitamins and suppliments at the moment so I picked up 3 packs of vitamin C and zinc orange effervescent tablets (i.e. the big round tabs you disolve in water and it makes an orange drink, much like berroca) for a mere £3.20. There is 15mg of zinc in these which works out at 150% RDA.

Anyway, I started taking these as a daily routine (having a tasty orange drink to look forwards to after getting into work in the mornings is a lot easier to remember than popping vitamin pills) and curiously my sex drive started to slowly return..

So just before the new year I headed back to tesco to stock up and I found some different tesco branded ones and these are specially formulated for men's wellbeing, they are a bit more expensive at £2.75 a pop but again come under the 3 for 2. So I picked up some of these and reading on the back it made a mention to the fact that zinc is very important in men to aid testosterone production. Now these tablets have 50% RDA of zinc (5mg).

Intruiged I got on google and from the info I found that that is correct, if there is even a slight deficiency in zinc it can affect testosterone production in men and it will actually be converted into eastrogen and will cause lowering of sex drive, poor concentration, lack of energy, poor memory, weepyness, mild depression etc. (and I had all of this), and the body has no method of storing zinc so it is important that men have a balanced daily diet in order to obtain this. Now I don't eat much red meat which is high in zinc and looking at my daily diet it was obvious I wasn't getting much zinc in it..now I am taking the suppliments and they have fully 'kicked in' I can assure you I can barely go half a day without a semi haha! Sex drive sky rocketing is an understatement, added to that I actually have a memory now as oppose to forgetting things people told me literally 30 seconds previous, I have energy and I feel a lot more balanced mentally. As I said above the mens wellbeing ones I take are only 50% RDA of zinc but they contain a lot of other useful vitamins as well so I wanted to take these and the vitamin C and zinc only (adding up to 200% RDA/20mg) - again google was my friend and multiple sources claimed that up to 400%/40mg daily is safe, so iI take the vit.C and zinc in the morning and the mens wellbeing after getting in from work. If you take advantage of the tesco 3 for 2 at the moment the cost of 6 packs (3 x vit c and zinc, 3 x mens wellbeing) will be £8.70 and that will last 2 months (60 tabs of each type, one a day) - so even if it doesn't work for your hubby its cheap and will at least boost his immune system!

And as an interesting side note: this is exactly the reason oysters are supposedly aphrodisiacs, not because they contain any magical mysterious chemicals, simply because they are very rich in zinc :) (they are one of if not the most richest natural source of zinc found in foodstuffs)

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

not too much excersise as my man is walking and cycling since xmas weight gain and he is too knackered to do anything sexual, so im not allowing him tonight as i said i will give him enough exercise lol

Very helpful TTurtle thank you very much I've been to Asia to get my vitamins as u suffer chronic back pain so take glucosamine and they had a 3 for 2 offer on so I got some vitamin C with Zinc,
    How long we're you takings the vitamins before you noticed and difference? I know it's not going to be an over night thing but weeks months?

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

mrsarthur wrote:

Very helpful TTurtle thank you very much I've been to Asia to get my vitamins as u suffer chronic back pain so take glucosamine and they had a 3 for 2 offer on so I got some vitamin C with Zinc,
    How long we're you takings the vitamins before you noticed and difference? I know it's not going to be an over night thing but weeks months?

Asia to get your vitamins? wow that's commitment! :p I assume you mean Asda haha.

It took about 3 weeks for me to really notice it, but the effect did start taking hold within the first week, as I say the body doesn't store zinc so there are no stores to build up per say but I guess it does take a while for stuff to be distributed around the body

james kildare [sign in to see picture]

Just place some edible body paint /chocolate etc on your body and that will do the trick

Asia haha I went to ASDA stupid autocorrect

Jimi Duro [sign in to see picture]

Maca is reputed to be good but I have never tried it

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.