• ladies, is this odd?

amydb69 [sign in to see picture]

rach iv always been shaved and no 1 ever backs an eye lid ever i prefer it and so does other half no way would i stop shaving for any 1 haha

Looksgoodinheels [sign in to see picture]

Trust me we dont even notice shaven not shaved makes no diff

Minxbaby [sign in to see picture]

I used to do this as well, however, the last one I had I didn't bother letting it grow back a lot (I may have been between shaves but that's about it)

I did get told by a nurse once that it actually makes it better and easier for them especially as they then don't have to worry about trapped hair etc

[suspended user]

suspended user

I hope i dont have an accident..I am shaved too lol

Ladies ...it doesnt matter

Northern lights [sign in to see picture]

MY Ex and GF wax, and neither of them " grew out" for exams, and they say the nurses never bat an eyelid.

Smooth is the way to go - spread the word!

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I would have thought hairless is better, no hairs to trap or get caught on. Of course you're going to feel more naked but doctors and nurses have just about everything nowadays. I'm sure they'd think you were more hygienic if you shaved/waxed because it shows you like to look after yourself - therefore looking better for your personal hygiene record.

I've never had a smear test before. Is your first one when you're 25?

Sonia [sign in to see picture]

if your choice is shaven, then stick with it! i had al wax before my smear last week, loved it? well, apart from the intrusion!

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

I would have thought hairless is better, no hairs to trap or get caught on. Of course you're going to feel more naked but doctors and nurses have just about everything nowadays. I'm sure they'd think you were more hygienic if you shaved/waxed because it shows you like to look after yourself - therefore looking better for your personal hygiene record.

no its not when your 25, its when you first start having sex, im 38 friday and been having them since i was 15 every 2 or 3 years since, so if you been sexually active for a while book a test asap

Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]

I had a smear just over a week ago. I shave as normal but it wouldnt bother me if i was hairy down there. Its natural. I think they see all sorts, very hairy, brazilian, fully shaven. Go with the flow. Once youve seen one, you seen them all!

At least its always a female who does the smear.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Ladies just be thankful that you dont have a mans plucked turkey appearance when hairless

CrimsonVixen [sign in to see picture]

They must see all sorts, and at the end of the day its a personal prefference just like what colour jeans you are wearing :D

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

waxing is the way forward!

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

Guess the age where it becomes compulsory must depend on where you live. Up here in Scotland, I'm pretty sure it's 20. :/ (Not looking forward to that ;~; )

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I think it's when you start having sex or at 21 - which ever comes first :)

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Thanks guys for the info - still have my v-card here so I guess it'll be when I hit the age milestone instead :/ My mum says they're uncomfortable but don't hurt that much - I still maintain that if you were hairy it'd be more of a chore for the nurse to see what was going on down there!! :)

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

well went and had it done last night and the lady nurse didnt even bat an eyelid, lol, now just wait for the results

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

I normally do the same, let it grow out a bit don't know why its not really hiding anything :)

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

ive had smears etc with all sorts of bikini styles so to speak!! I don't think they care! most shock someone ever had was my waxer when she noticed my VCH during a brazilian.

ArchersKiss [sign in to see picture]

Personaly speaking the only time I've ever seen a health care professional bat an eyelid during a medical examination because of a patients 'down theres' was a really old Radiologist (Dr) who had never seen a vch before, even then he didn't question it. Just completed the examination, explained the results to the patient and thanked them for coming. After the pt left he said, "erm that lady had jewelry on her genitals....did youo see? .... What will they think of next!?" Bless him!

But yeah as HCP we see all sorts and dont mind if your hairy or not. we're just usualy thankful if the person we're examining/treating is clean. :)

If your happier and more relaxed neat and tidy then go for it, anything to make a smear better!

ArchersKiss [sign in to see picture]

it was 21 for a smear, but the put the age up to 25 in England, as it wasn't 'cost effective'. As is it cost too much too screen this age group compared to the small number of women who develope the disease in that age range. Similarly, with the HPV imunisation, girls in the UK are given the jab aagains the single most common form of the virus as it is very expensive, in America -from what I have been told by a Sex Ed/Schools Nurse friend of mine- the girls are being imunised against all known strands.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.