• Household sex toys

    1349283233
    Katherine* [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 108
    • Joined: 25 Jul 2011

    its not like im not saying that, but i seen a thread yesterday about it :/ many people have mentioned these on threads theres away of offering advice. im not trying to cause any form of arugment but just consider everyones feelings including moose2

    1349283480
    QueenC [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 202
    • Joined: 23 Jan 2012

    lickmadick wrote:

    we are allways carefull we don't get caught too Queen C

    it's a long way to any A&E in West Wales lol

    I used to live in a certain student town in West Wales when I was a student. The things the nurses and doctors have seen in my local A+E!!

    1349287037
    SN [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 149
    • Joined: 8 Sep 2011

    I actually originally discovered the LH website, because I was looking for cheap/household things to use as a sex toy. I could never imagine plugging in those words into a search engine, I was scared of the consequences.

    It was actually one of the C4 sex-related programs which allowed me to search online for the first time, in the relative safety and comfort of their forum. There was actually a suggestion on there that a hairbrush handle made a good dildo. But... that just didnt feel right to me. Just wasnt appealing- not only from a cleandliness POV- both when using it as a sex toy, and afterwards using it for its intended purpose, but also for the fact, that I knew forever on after that, whenever I looked at those items- at that ordinary hairbrush, I would always know (and feel the self-conscious guilt) that I had used them in such a way. And I just wasn't going to go there. It honestly does not feel appealing- then or now, to use something in such a private manor, and to see it sitting around the house afterwards. Or other related objects, if you keep that specific one hidden away in your draw.

    Because there have been quite a few disruptions on this thread, I just want to state for the record that these are my only opinions, this is my personal history, and I am just trying to add my own experience and perspective to this discussion. I mean no offense. This is just my story.

    It was shortly below this entry of using a hairbrush that I saw the first mention of LH- and it was someone saying something similar to several other people on this thread- that it would be safer, and it's custom built and designed to give you pleasure as its primary function. And, that LH did a range of cheap toys, and had regular sales. So, it was from there that I took my first tentative steps, and visited the site. And was presented with a clean, no mess, no suggestive images or text website, with amazing customer service, practical guides, and a wonderful forum community. And I brought my first vibes- two of them! It was a lady finger, on DotD, and a very cheap bullet, both of which, without any additional sales, for £10 together. And that is how my toy collection started. I've never needed- or tried to use anything household since.

    Urm, appart from the shower head. That is still a firm favourite. And the only thing household I feel is safe to use. And I dont associate the object guilt- because, urm, the shower is, I believe, one of humanitie's favourite places for having a bit of self-loving fun!

    1349287474
    Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3142
    • Joined: 19 Dec 2009

    Personally I clicked on this thread because I LOVE the idea of using random strange objects as sex toys - only ti find a rant and rave!

    I love Lovehoney and the toys it sells - to which we have purchased many - however a a personal kink, using household objects is good fun.

    Of course common sense should kick in when using them and deciding what would be good/safe etc

    1349288522

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    yes mind you don't slip up oops lol

    1349289853
    moose2 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 16
    • Joined: 9 Nov 2011

    I feel the fact I opened up this hornets nest now is my time to set the whole thing straight my intentiions were only to see if other people had any ideas what could be used in the bed room like hairbrush handles, electric tooth brushes etc. nothing more dangerous ,harmful ,un-hygenic .or with any other duel use except for the bedroom I am not into extreme insertion or bizzare stuff like that . But was just looking for inovative ideas .

    Does anyone know who invented the first dildo I bet its original use was far more practicle ?

    At some point in time someone somewhere decided to use something for a different purpose and improve it to make the sex toys we know today

    At no point would i consider using anything harmful or dangerous and would surgest a hairbrush at the point of climax could be quite uncomfotable and prickiy or sharp when you clamp your legs around it

    The last thing I want is an embarassing visit to A/E

    1349290085
    SN [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 149
    • Joined: 8 Sep 2011

    jenson and tammy wrote:

    Personally I clicked on this thread because I LOVE the idea of using random strange objects as sex toys - only ti find a rant and rave!

    I love Lovehoney and the toys it sells - to which we have purchased many - however a a personal kink, using household objects is good fun.

    Of course common sense should kick in when using them and deciding what would be good/safe etc

    Yeah, I was surprised to see how this thread descended into chaos.

    But, I mean, for a large part, we've all done it, before discovering a sex-toy store. After getting bored with fingers, a lot of people experement with other things- I know I did, but it never felt right- mentally and physically, and with a level head, wasn't a good idea. But that's sexual pleasure and development for you, and thats history, cant change it. Just learn from the past, and move on. And since I've discovered LH, I've never looked back.

    But..... I can understand there being a kink there!!! I'm a big reader of erotic fiction... and you always get the odd one with a household twist... and they're usually pretty interesting, I dont deny that!!

    1349290341
    SN [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 149
    • Joined: 8 Sep 2011

    moose2 wrote:

    I feel the fact I opened up this hornets nest now is my time to set the whole thing straight my intentiions were only to see if other people had any ideas what could be used in the bed room like hairbrush handles, electric tooth brushes etc. nothing more dangerous ,harmful ,un-hygenic .or with any other duel use except for the bedroom I am not into extreme insertion or bizzare stuff like that . But was just looking for inovative ideas .

    Does anyone know who invented the first dildo I bet its original use was far more practicle ?

    At some point in time someone somewhere decided to use something for a different purpose and improve it to make the sex toys we know today

    At no point would i consider using anything harmful or dangerous and would surgest a hairbrush at the point of climax could be quite uncomfotable and prickiy or sharp when you clamp your legs around it

    The last thing I want is an embarassing visit to A/E

    Haha, I feel for you. When I first read the thread, I did feel that you had honest intentions (urm, yeah, whatever the fuck that means on a sex-related forum...) in just wanting people ideas and intentions. And then it did descent into chaos!!

    May I just state- thick marker pen/highlighter, padded out with a monumentous amount of blue-tac in a kitchen bag.... NOT a good idea. I did try an empty pro-biotic bottle once (one of those one-a-day drink type ones), and... er... it didn't fit. I just didn't have anything else lying around, that looked of a reasonable sort of size, and I was desperate! lol, long time ago!

    But other then the shower head (ie- water flow, lol!), I've got no real viable suggestions.

    1349290833
    SN [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 149
    • Joined: 8 Sep 2011

    SN wrote:

    moose2 wrote:

    I feel the fact I opened up this hornets nest now is my time to set the whole thing straight my intentiions were only to see if other people had any ideas what could be used in the bed room like hairbrush handles, electric tooth brushes etc. nothing more dangerous ,harmful ,un-hygenic .or with any other duel use except for the bedroom I am not into extreme insertion or bizzare stuff like that . But was just looking for inovative ideas .

    Does anyone know who invented the first dildo I bet its original use was far more practicle ?

    At some point in time someone somewhere decided to use something for a different purpose and improve it to make the sex toys we know today

    At no point would i consider using anything harmful or dangerous and would surgest a hairbrush at the point of climax could be quite uncomfotable and prickiy or sharp when you clamp your legs around it

    The last thing I want is an embarassing visit to A/E

    I don't know about who or when, but I do know that in the Victorian times, they did 'stimulate the lower regions' of women with 'hysteria' as a medical 'treatment'. Surfice it to say, that treatment was very popular! Kinda funny, when you think about how uptight they were about anything remotly exposing or sexual!

    I think asprin- the original plant form- had been used some riddiculously long time ago (I'm thinking a few hundred years) as a pain-killer in relation to period-pain or general pain downstairs. I believe it was aplied on broomstick handles, and I think there was some form of hallucinagenic that got mixed in there, giving the impression of flight or some other such craziness to take the mind off of pain. And... I believe that is one of the origins of witches flying on broomsticks!

    1349292215
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 378
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    ... getting back to the original question....

    have a look in the tool drawer..and now you know where the name came from. There might be an interesting screwdriver handle here and there, maybe also in the sports cupboard, maybe a squash/badminton racket handle or tennis racket grip, mini baseball bats there that could be exciting. Have a look in the kitchen department of John Lewis's (other sources of repurposed objects are available). Lickma's ideas about some aerosol (is this name also a cruel concidence) cans of conditioners/foams with curves and various diameters also good.

    stay safe and clean....

    just choose stuff that you can clean the hell out of (i.e. no porous surfaces), stuff that no kids get near, no loose parts/lids and no short objects that you have no purchase on during your fun (many plugs have ropes or flares on them for a good reason)....

    ....medical students and staff share very black humour and good information exchange about that which they've hauled-out and the usually lame excuses about how it got there

    ...

    1349292335

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    yep you could be right looks likefun lol you sussed me out

    1349292600
    moose2 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 16
    • Joined: 9 Nov 2011

    P/S

    Next time your in IKEA just checkout the potato peelers

    lol.

    1349292630
    moose2 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 16
    • Joined: 9 Nov 2011

    P/S

    Next time your in IKEA just checkout the potato peelers

    lol.

    1349293144
    lookslikefun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 378
    • Joined: 2 May 2010

    moose2 wrote:

    P/S

    Next time your in IKEA just checkout the potato peelers

    lol.

    (ass) cheeky

    1349293468
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    moose2 wrote:

    P/S

    Next time your in IKEA just checkout the potato peelers

    lol.

    i think they do simarly pervertable silicone hand held lemon squeezers ;)

    1349360973
    Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3142
    • Joined: 19 Dec 2009

    moose2 wrote:

    Does anyone know who invented the first dildo I bet its original use was far more practicle ?

    At some point in time someone somewhere decided to use something for a different purpose and improve it to make the sex toys we know today

    the film 'Hysteria' which has recently come out and playing in a few cinema nationwide is all about the origintion of the dildo

    1349649935
    Jimi Duro [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 634
    • Joined: 5 Apr 2012

    Chair Leg ? LOL

    1349650494
    QueenC [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 202
    • Joined: 23 Jan 2012

    Jimi Duro wrote:

    Chair Leg ? LOL

    I know a gal who sat on the big nob bit on top of a bed post. It hurt her a lot, and the last guy she slept with told everyone about loose she was.

    1349658139
    Johnny Roach [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 328
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2010

    moose2 wrote:

    P/S

    Next time your in IKEA just checkout the potato peelers

    lol.

    the lemon juicers are pretty good. I have one of those in my toy collection haha. See my pics

    1350319860
    Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3142
    • Joined: 19 Dec 2009

    yep - my now ex sat on the end of a bed post once, took a pic and sent it to me as a tease... it really was a turn on!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.