• Could you live without sex

QueenC [sign in to see picture]

It must be really difficult to be in your position.

If my partner or myself was unable to engage in any sexual acts, then I would be devastated. I do think though, that over time, I would get used to it.

We went without sex, or any sexual contact for that matter, for months, because medication I was on made me really depressed and put me off altogether. I would shudder when he touched me, and would avoid all physical contact. It really upset him, and we grew so far apart that I slept in a separate bed, and he couldn't even look at me without getting angry. In the end, he asked me if I wanted him to move out, because he thought I didn't love him anymore. I forced myself to have sex with him there and then. I was in pain the whole time (due to the medication) but we slowly built our sexual relationship back up from the ground and now we are closer and more intimate than ever. I had never talked to him about what was going on, and why I couldn't be intimate with him, but if I had, he would have accepted it and we could have worked through it together.

It was so, so difficult but at the time, even the thought of sex made me feel sick. I guess if we were forced to go without, it would be tough on the relationship but we would pull through. Communication is key in these types of situations. Make sure your voice is heard and you listen to his.

morefun [sign in to see picture]

I guess alot of it is the fact that alot of resentment has built up over the past couple of years. I cannot get my head around why he has never told me, he would rather have had all the talks that eventually lead into massive arguments and me crying myself to sleep through emotional hurt and rejection than just to tell me two words "it hurts". He knew how much is was hurting me yet he still chose that option, I've nearly left him several times (not just because of that but other reasons too) and still he chose not to tell me.

Tbh I think the lack of anything else scares me more, I've gone 2 years with very little sex but there is no cuddling up with a dvd or spending any time together or anything like that, we are more like housemates that share a bedroom than anything.

The last two days he has tried to have sex with me but I turned it down both times, it made me realise I don't want it if it is hurting him but I do need the rest of the relationship to be right, I'm making loads of sacrifices for him as it is, now its starting to feel like I'm giving up everything for him.

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

I don't think I could... I love sex too much!!

killerbunny [sign in to see picture]

No way.

02dohvia [sign in to see picture]

nope definitely couldn't go without

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.