• Exercise and sex! Sexercise?

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Does exercise impact your sex life? Do workouts leave you too exhausted for anything else or does a good gym session leave you ready for some lovin'?

On a related note, do you count sex as a workout? This article (http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923) claims that 30 minutes of sex burns more than 140 calories! Foreplay also appears to be a fat burner, with kissing obliterating 68 calories an hour.

Thoughts?

ZombieCpl [sign in to see picture]

I saw a good blog about this a few days ago on another similar website and it did get me thinking that there must be ways of recording how many calories you burn during sex and if so I would love to know how to record them.

What a great idea! I know that we sell a cock ring that counts the number of thrusts during sex http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15394 Maybe someone can come up with a formula for calculating how many calories are burnt by each thrust?!

MSChaps [sign in to see picture]

I found the more regular exercise the more energetic I feel and it affects me in a good way I had also read somethings on http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm Prob not true but makes you wonder

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Excercise I feel gives you more energy well I fit it does which in turn makes me go longer during sex as I'm more fit to last for long periods

xrd_man [sign in to see picture]

I don't want to have sex straight after exercise but in general it makes me want it more often and makes it much easier to go for longer

True, it definitely increases energy and stamina. I guess the toning effects of exercise also help us feel more body confident and sexy, and make us more open to being seduced ;)

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

I've never really considered sex as a workout. That seems to me like the wrong goal! There are other connections between sex and exercise for me, though.

I run regularly, and I enjoy the feeling that I'm staying in reasonable shape. There's a real buzz to getting a thorough workout and achieving a good time for a given distance. It's a confidence boost which often ignites my libido and leaves me wanting to share my celebration soon afterwards (though not immediately!).

Sometimes, if I'm feeling horny and frustrated (e.g. my wife is away) then I'll take myself out on a run specifically as an attempt to burn off my excess sexual energy. Usually, it doesn't work -- it saps my energy in the short-term but tends to leave me feeling even hornier once the initial tiredness has worn off!

I assume that I'm not too unusual in all this.

Hee hee, gives a new meaning to the phrase "Runner's High", then... ;)

Lord_Vetinari [sign in to see picture]

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

I've never really considered sex as a workout. That seems to me like the wrong goal! There are other connections between sex and exercise for me, though.

I run regularly, and I enjoy the feeling that I'm staying in reasonable shape. There's a real buzz to getting a thorough workout and achieving a good time for a given distance. It's a confidence boost which often ignites my libido and leaves me wanting to share my celebration soon afterwards (though not immediately!).

Sometimes, if I'm feeling horny and frustrated (e.g. my wife is away) then I'll take myself out on a run specifically as an attempt to burn off my excess sexual energy. Usually, it doesn't work -- it saps my energy in the short-term but tends to leave me feeling even hornier once the initial tiredness has worn off!

I assume that I'm not too unusual in all this.

Sex can be a great work out.

Just for fun I once wore the heart monitor I use when running when my wife and I were having a sex session. My heart rate got up to 110 BPM. My normal resting heart rate is in the 50s!

LV

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

I workout mostly to stay in shape but I do find, like Cuddly Hubby said, that it can be a great way to let off steam as such. I will often go for a run if I'm angry or upset too as it helps to clear my head. After the initial post-workout tiredness has passed I feel up for anything. The endorphins released during exercise does boost the libido & I find that, despite my body looking almost exactly the same as it did before the workout, I feel sexier & more confident with how my body looks.

As for sex as a workout & fat burner? Well surely that's just an added bonus of an already enjoyable experience.

Stamos [sign in to see picture]

I think exercise is definitely good to get your energy up overall, including sexual. Plus, my GF and I actually find it a huge turnon to see each other come home in sweaty workout clothes! So.... there's that :P

What a good experiment Lord Vetinari! I read about an experiment once where they measured a woman's heart rate during a shopping trip and compared it to her heart rate during sex with her husband. The sex won - barely. It would be cool to see what happens doing different activities.

I totally get what you mean about body confidence sub-kitten, I think it must be the endorphins that make me feel so great after working out, considering how red and out of breath I am. Although, I guess like Stamos said, that can be a turn on ;)

GymJunki3 [sign in to see picture]

Nicole-it would be interesting if they did an 'equivalent' study comparing a man's heart rate during sex and measured it against his heart rate whilst watching football (Champions League final etc!).

Back to your original post, for me it does! The gym increases testosterone levels so...

Wild172 [sign in to see picture]

Gym always wakes me up so definitely not too tired for any lovin'. Heart rate monitors allow you to work out calories burnt so if you paired one up with the thrust counting cock ring and applied some maths you've got your calories burnt per thrust :) Could be a LH competition in the making?? :D

GymJunki3 wrote:

Nicole-it would be interesting if they did an 'equivalent' study comparing a man's heart rate during sex and measured it against his heart rate whilst watching football (Champions League final etc!).

I wouldn't stand a chance if my boyfriend was watching hockey! But I don't think shopping would have anywhere near that effect on me,

Wild172 wrote:

Gym always wakes me up so definitely not too tired for any lovin'. Heart rate monitors allow you to work out calories burnt so if you paired one up with the thrust counting cock ring and applied some maths you've got your calories burnt per thrust :) Could be a LH competition in the making?? :D

Ha ha no, but it may be something to try in your own time! I think it would be fascinating to see the figures...maybe I should invest in the thrust counter!

Stamos [sign in to see picture]

I guess we could work backwards with the math - 144 calories per half hour, assume roughly 2 thrusts per second. Maybe make it 1 thrust per second to give some time for breaks and position changes since that would be a hard rate to keep up. That's 60 thrusts per minute, or 1800 thrusts in a half hour.

144 calories/1800 thrusts = 0.08 calories/thrust

Very rough, but it's a start!

Stamos wrote:

I guess we could work backwards with the math - 144 calories per half hour, assume roughly 2 thrusts per second. Maybe make it 1 thrust per second to give some time for breaks and position changes since that would be a hard rate to keep up. That's 60 thrusts per minute, or 1800 thrusts in a half hour.

144 calories/1800 thrusts = 0.08 calories/thrust

Very rough, but it's a start!

Very scientific!

hullabaloo [sign in to see picture]

I love to do loads of swimming and weights on my day off . It really does make you as horny as hell.If one partner is doing more thrusting do they burn more calories . Can anyone do the maths I am getting a headache

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Well, lets do a rough sum for "girl on top". Lets assume that she weighs 60kg and bobs through a vertical distance of 100mm at a rate of 1Hz. Allowing for the lower legs not being lifted she is moving say 50kg of her body. Work done per stroke is 50kg x 9.81N/kg x 0.1m = 49 Joules. At 1Hz this gives power of 49Watts or 2940 Joules per minute. Now a dietary calorie is 4,180 Joules so she does mechanical work equal to 0.7 calories per minute. The efficiency of human muscle has been measured (in the context of rowing and cycling) at 18% to 26%. (rubbish BTW relative to a modern diesel engine but I digress - its hard to concentrate with the "girl on top" image at work). So allowing for the efficiency she expends between 2.7 and 3.9 calories per minute.

I would like to do a calculation for the contribution of frictional losses but I'm definitely loosing focus on the maths now.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.