• Help on wanting to meet a stranger

Plain Jane [sign in to see picture]

As the others say He could be lovely or he could be a perv but you won't know until you try

pick your meeting place carefully, check it out, comfortable environment, back entrance or friendly staff who would let you escape through their back door, If he doesn't agree to your choice then don't go.

Write down the name of the dating site, his profile, download a pic and add the place and time with as many details as you can and put it in a prominent place.

On the night don't take bank cards etc with you and enough cash but no more.

Then you've done everything to ensure your safety, relax, put on your favourite outfit and go and enjoy yourself because odds are he will have done eactly the same thing.

Could be if he is using the site because he finds it difficult to find girls who want to meet him himself not his slightly popular public figure.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Almost everyone has some kind of social network page- ask if he's on Facebook? You can learn so much more through this way as it can be a bit more personal.

Also, see if you can get him to post a recent pic of something personalised- like a note with a word etc. These days, I think it's important to know who it is you are talking to. That is just in a physical sense too. Some people are just sweet talkers but can be different in person in persona too.

I met my partner via online at first but we were friends mainly and we used to talk about everything including his then, girlfriend lol. There was no ulterior motive. Everyone has a camera phone if not a webcam so it shouldn't be too hard to verify who they are- the important part is getting to really know them though. A lot are fake... It's one of the reasons why I'd personally avoid dating sites, but that's just me.

I agree with taking safety precautions and definitely meeting up in a public place first.

Amykins [sign in to see picture]

what about people who hook up to have sex? what do they do? they got to trust the people to x

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

You tredding a very thin line . Why cant yoou go to a bar first & see if you like what you see before commiting to having sex

Plain Jane [sign in to see picture]

Amykins wrote:

what about people who hook up to have sex? what do they do? they got to trust the people to x

Amy I'm a lifestyle domme and the suggestions I put above are exactly the ones I follow for everyone I meet they work and if he doesn't understand your concerns then he most probably is a fake or not worth knowing

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

I agree with what's already been said, even if the intention is to hook up just for sex you should still go for a drink first to make sure you are both still ok with everything. And might help get rid of any nerves you may both be experiencing. I must say the fact that he is objecting to this should definitely be ringing alarm bells though. Follow the great advice previous members have given & just be careful.

jass [sign in to see picture]

people who hook up for sex follow the same precautions. Don't risk it otherwise, its not worth it honestly

ok i will deffo meet him first then,,,and if he says no then he aint getting anything there are other men who would like to meet me first x

jass [sign in to see picture]

its worth seting yourself some rules/standards or guides I should say, otherwise you could open yourself up to all sorts and some guys looking for nsa fun can get quite pushy and then be not so nice if you say no. There are plenty out there as im sure youre finding that will happily show you some repect and have the patience to wait ;O)

Thank you, i will let you know what he says, but he said he may not be online tomorrow though x

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

Do you not have another way to contact him? If you're going to meet someone in person I'd think exchanging phone numbers might've been important.

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Don't risk your life for sex - one hour of pleasure is not worth being mugged, raped or murdered. This sounds harsh but it's true.

Meet him first in a public place, in broad daylight. Tell someone where you're going, who you're meeting and set YOUR terms first before even thinking of intimacy. Hope all goes well

No i havent thats what i also try to get off him...i think its cos probably so many people have got his number or maybe cos he dont want to give his number out cos of what he does...well i know i dont like giving mine out

QueenC [sign in to see picture]

Sounds like you're making a lot of excuses for this guy.

At the end of the day, if he won't give a phone number, and is iffy about meeting up first somewhere public, then I would forget him. Honestly, as everyone else has said, it's not worth risking your safety over this. Some people go to extreme lengths to trick people into meeting with them for all the wrong reasons. Be careful, and as suggested, write down his name and what details you have of his, and leave it at home.

Just wondering, is he someone people would have heard of? Like, a famous name? People sometimes just use the name to lure people in. Again, be safe and enjoy, whoever you meet up with! :)

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

I'd expect a telephone number from someone I was going to meet, and it'd be in public, absolutely.

As for those who hook up for casual/NSA sex, I think a lot does go through sites like fabswingers, where there's a feedback system, which definitely helps - seeing a person has met X amount of people before and they have positive things to say about them is reassuring. When I have met people from there though, it was still in public first - at a pub in town initially.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

QueenC wrote:

At the end of the day, if he won't give a phone number, and is iffy about meeting up first somewhere public, then I would forget him. Honestly, as everyone else has said, it's not worth risking your safety over this. Some people go to extreme lengths to trick people into meeting with them for all the wrong reasons. Be careful, and as suggested, write down his name and what details you have of his, and leave it at home.

Just wondering, is he someone people would have heard of? Like, a famous name? People sometimes just use the name to lure people in. Again, be safe and enjoy, whoever you meet up with! :)

I agree. Are you perhaps a bit too impressed by the semi-popular name/cool job?

Leaving the details at home is helpful, but it's better to have someone who's expecting to hear from you by a certain time. If the first meeting is going really well and he's the kind of guy who'll treat you decently, he's not going to be put off if you excuse yourself to let someone know you're alright.

Respect yourself and expect respect as well.

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

Deffo tell someone where you are for your own safety. Even if you dont divulge the full details. Remember meeting people off line is common these days so dont feel you have to be too secretive.

Prior to meeting arrange a drink/coffee in a place you are comfy or familiar with and make it clear that if you feel it is not going anywhere you have the right to leave etc.

I have been my friends "emergency call" many times.... mainly to see if there are ok or opening the door for them to leave!

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

Amykins wrote:

oh he seems like an awesome guy dont know why you wouldnt trust him. i bet he could have any woman,...

I've only just read this -- to me, it's ringing all sorts of alarm bells.

QueenC wrote:

My thought exactly!

If he's worth meeting, then he's worth meeting on your terms. Others have given some excellent advice and suggestions above on how to do this. I can't think of a good reason why he wouldn't agree to these if he's the genuine article.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.