• Running with Piercings.

ArchersKiss [sign in to see picture]

Anyone out there a sporty type? Who also has pierced nips?

I enjoy running, dancing, yoga, swimming and weights at the gym. I've been despirate for years to get my nipples pierced - and to get a VCH- but my only niggle is wether it will effect my 'favorite actvities'.

Other question is,.... I have big boobies -32J- and although the piercer has told me I can have either bars or rings I was wondering if anyone could tell me which will heal quickest. Or if they have any experience as to which is better if your busty!

Loveage!

Mel

x

sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]

I can't speak from personal experience as I have neither piercings but an ex boyfriend of mine had his nipples pierced & to avoid rubbing or irritation, he'd put plasters or medical tape over them whenever he went running.

Sorry to not be more help x

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

I am afraid i can't help with the running part as i am a very lazy person, i would love to run but i don't think i could make it past the end of my driveway.

As for the piercing though i can tell you I got mine pierced with a ring and i have good size breasts, my ex had hers pierced with a bar (she however had smaller breasts) we both had similar healing experiences, it just seems to come down to personal preference, but i will add the ring is easier to keep clean during the healing process.

The healing process itself is a bit of a bitch. You never realise how much your nipple goes through until you pierce it. I had to wear a padded bra to bed each night for a while and try my hardest to sleep on my back, and when it got cold in winter and the nipple got hard due to cold bloody hell did that hurt. But it does get easier. I have had mine for 3 years now and it doesnt bother me at all (well it is tonight as last night i caught it awkwardly when turning in bed) I still have the original ring in too, i was scared it would migrate or grow out due to the size of my breasts but i have never had that problem.

Again as to bar and ring.... they are both fun to play with in bed, they are both pleasing to look at. i love my ring, i love to play with it and pull it, and my ex loved having the bar, she always joked she had 3 nipples due to how it looked under her top when she didnt wear a bra lol.

just be warned, when i think of how mine felt when healing i can only imagine the friction from running while healing would be a total and utter bitch.

Labyrinth [sign in to see picture]

I can't really speak for the nipple piercings as that is one that never healed for me and I had to remove them due to pain.

However I do have a VCH piercing and am at the gym very frequently =) it only took about a week to heal and so long as you have decent underwear on it shouldn't be a problem =)

Hope that helps! x

Smoothballs82 [sign in to see picture]

i had rings in mine for years and they healed fairly quickly. then for some reason they went a bit wrong a few years ago due to rubbing during work. so i put bars in which naturally dont catch as much and kept plasters over them until they healed again.... i do prefer rings i think they're more sexy. must get some more put in mine.

swingcouple [sign in to see picture]

Nipple piercing are the longest to heal, maybe several months. They're worth it though, look and feel wonderful. Never had any problems at the gym, even when they were healing, but they were very sensitive for a couple of weeks afterwards. Have a look at the 'Triblectic' website for piercing advice and experiences.

Labyrinth wrote:

I can't really speak for the nipple piercings as that is one that never healed for me and I had to remove them due to pain.

However I do have a VCH piercing and am at the gym very frequently =) it only took about a week to heal and so long as you have decent underwear on it shouldn't be a problem =)

Hope that helps! x

It dose actually, I'm planning on getting a VCH next year as a reward for reaching my weightloss goal.

3 more stone to go!

YAY! Cheers Honey!

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Rings heal fastest as they don't catch on things as much as barbells do - especially lace! You can also rotate them for easy cleaning whereas you can only slide the bar side-to-side.

Interesting..I've had my nipple pierced twice and I used a ring in my original one and it was terrible. Not had a problem with bars but then I guess it could have been the metal used in the ring soo..just ignore me basically haha.

As I said when someone else asked this question a while back, be careful in the shower when washing with a sponge..I use the net type sponge made into a ball shape (I don't know the official name sorry) and alway get it caught in the net lol

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!!

I got them pierced today, I made the guy who did them smile, apparently I was a little noisey; but it "looked like I enjoyed myself" ;D

I chose to get bi-lateral diagonal bars. They look and feel awsome. They feel a little bruised right now, my boobs feel heavy too. I got the week off work, so I can take it easy.

I've bought some nursing pads to pop in my bra, to stop them rubbing, as I dont have any non lacy bras apart from my sports bras.

Once they've healed I'll post some pics if anyone wants to see!

xMx

TTurtle wrote:

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Rings heal fastest as they don't catch on things as much as barbells do - especially lace! You can also rotate them for easy cleaning whereas you can only slide the bar side-to-side.

Interesting..I've had my nipple pierced twice and I used a ring in my original one and it was terrible. Not had a problem with bars but then I guess it could have been the metal used in the ring soo..just ignore me basically haha.

As I said when someone else asked this question a while back, be careful in the shower when washing with a sponge..I use the net type sponge made into a ball shape (I don't know the official name sorry) and alway get it caught in the net lol

Cheers, thats a good point, I'll chuck my shower roses then. Go back to my paddle brush for exfoliating and spunge for the bubbles!

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

ArchersKiss wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Cheers, thats a good point, I'll chuck my shower roses then. Go back to my paddle brush for exfoliating and spunge for the bubbles!

ahh shower roses..I'll have to remember that one

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

ahh shower roses..I'll have to remember that one

i always thought these things were called lufers but i guess there are lots of different names for the same thing.

this is a good thread actualy as i am contemplating geting a VCH in the near-ish future and i am fairly sporty (gym, swimming and horse riding) would you have to avoid these at all during healing or once healed?

sorry to the OP for stealing thread :/

disconips [sign in to see picture]

hi folks

i have both nips pierced & run regularly...no probs with chafing or rubbing but if its cold, they look very obvious thru a slim fit running top....you might want to consider whether you want this to be noticed or not!?

also have VCH large gauge & its also fine for running as long as you wear snug fitting pants under your kit..

cant comment on horse riding tho!

hth

Hi rag doll,

dont mind at all, VCH is next on my list. I was going to wait till next year when I've lost these last 2 stone as a reward for reaching my target weight, but after the fun of yesterday, I want it now!!! :)

Disconips, sorry if its a silly question. but why do you need tight pants?

disconips [sign in to see picture]

lol!

its a little more "weighty" than a small gauge VCH & would likely move around when running unless tucked in closer to the body...hence the snug pants.

prob be fine with a standard size VCH tho...

let us know how you get on!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.