• Waxing styles and shapes, etc.

QueenC [sign in to see picture]

I am looking at getting my first salon bikini wax. I think I've gotten over the initial embarrassment now, and have found a highly recommended lady who does home visits. So, I'm onto deciding what I want. I know it can bloody hurt, so I'm thinking of just going for a bit of a tidy up at first.

I'm just looking at another highly recommended salon near me, and the options are endless! So, can you help me? What is a Playboy wax? and are Brazillian a Hollywood the same thing? The both sites I'm looking at have different things written and now I'm confused!

Also, any tips to try and reduce the pain?

Scarlet Couple [sign in to see picture]

hiya - I've done a lot of marketing work for beauty salons and the waxing terms are as follows:

American wax: a general tidy up
    Playboy /French waxing: leaves a vertical 'landing' strip
    Brazilian/hollywood: is like the Mojave desert, barren and hairless

;) hope this helps xxx

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

when i use hair removal crean (not recomended on the tube) i like to leave a heart shape of hair...or go brazilian if im being lazy/ dairing. a tidy up does me fine though if i dont have too mutch time

lovable_Rogue [sign in to see picture]

I'm still working up the courage to get a professional wax done but I've done a tidy up myself at home. I always press down the area straight afterwards with a cold, damp cloth to sooth the burn and don't wear tight knickers afterwards, definitely go for something soft and comfy. I don't know how accure this is, so don't quote me on it, but I've heard that you can be more sensitive to pain when you're pre-menstral and also during so try going mid way through your last and next period. I find this to be true for me.

Shape and style is definitely a preference thing but I think you'd be wise to go for a tidy up first off then see how you feel afterwards.

lilmadam92 [sign in to see picture]

All the places I've ever heard of use the term Brazillian to mean landing strip left and Hollywood to mean everything (even bum hair!) off. But I think you're best of asking the particular person you'll be using as I've found people do use the terms interchangeably!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.