• Lelo Luna Balls - would you buy your mother some?

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I have been looking at love balls/jiggle balls for a while now and was interested in buying some myself. After thinking it over I changed my mind, I have had no children and have excellent bladder control so was disinterested in the idea for a while. (Might invest in the mini Lelo balls though when I turn twenty!)

However, it is my mother's birthday soon and I know she has problems when sneezing/coughing as she sometimes has urinal leakage when she coughs. She goes to the toilet a lot too so probably has a very small bladder. She has had four children, but all by c-section and has a very small pelvis.

I was wondering if you would be embarressed to receive a pair of kegal balls from your daughter? I am nineteen and she is in her late thirties. She knows nothing about my sex toy collection (!) so I was wondering how you would take it if your daughter bought you some. Is it a good idea, or is it too personal? I was thinking of either of these:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12689

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25627

MR WOODY [sign in to see picture]

Give her a copy of 50 shades to go with them and you should be grand :)

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

It depends what sort of relationship you have with your mum. I would never get my mum anything like that, you should have seen the look she gave me when I told her about Mooncups :/

But it could be a good idea, you could maybe say you read about them in a book (she doesn't need to know what kind of a book) and I'm pretty sure the instructions are included so you wouldn't need to talk to her about them in detail if you're not comfortable with that.

As for which ones to go for - as far as I'm aware the mini are supposed to be for more advanced users so I think the regular ones would be better.

(Loving the new Alice themed photo btw - did you treat yourself to the Wonderland kitty vibrator or were you lucky enough to be selected as a tester?) xx

Thanks guys, think I might go for it as they are not really "sex toys", they're exercisers :P I'm still undecided which to get her though, I'm SURE I read somewhere that the smaller ones are more suitable for women who haven't had vaginal birth or are under thirty :/

Thanks PPD - in the photo is my new wig, crotchless lace knicks, necklace and new vibe - and yes, the vibrator was a tester :D I am so happy to be picked :D Have you had any yet? xx

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Since she's had kids and is a bit older I'd suggest starting off with the bigger ones as they're more ideal and easier to use at first.

She could always upgrade to the heavier but smaller ones once she's "mastered" the beginner's set.

I think it can be perceived as a really nice gift especially if she says that she has issues down there. Besides they do come across as luxury items. You may have to make sure if they have instructions attached as it may be awkward trying to tell her how to use it. And yes, as stated before, it does depend on the relationship you both have. If she seems open minded too then it would be better.

Let us know how it goes. =)

Thanks Nymeria, although we don't have a very open relationship in terms of talking about sex (or God forbid, sex toys!) I do agree that "kegal exercisers" can be given as thoughtful gifts. It would be a different matter if I was to hand her a rabbit for no reason! I have given her stockings and other pieces of lingerie before though.

I will do some more research on the types of kegal balls before I get a set. I will definately be getting the Lelo Luna ones though as they are elegant, classy and don't scream "I'm addicted to sex toys!" (unlike me!) I just have to decide between the normal ones or the mini ones. I may end up going with the normal ones unless a professional advises otherwise.

Thanks for your tips guys, they have been very useful! My mum's birthday is not until mid-October though so I will tell you what happens when I give them to her and many little bits afterwards. You never know, this may even open a door for us to start chatting about LoveHoney! :D

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I think they're definitely a very nice gift, so let us know how it goes :)

I have been picked as a tester before, a few weeks back so I'm not really expectig anything anytime soon. I think Lh realised you were the perfect person to test it cos you like Alice in Wonderland so much :D I'm looking forward to your review of it.

You should go on chat darling, I know its difficult with work for you but it would be lovely to chat to you :) x

ToxicJenni [sign in to see picture]

lol the first time i used mine, i litrally couldnt get them out (i have a very wierd vagina whit teeth like grip clearly)they were litrally stuck and i couldnt get them out and i had to beg my mum to help me get them out :S as you can tell i never used them again

Hev-leigh [sign in to see picture]

If your mum wouldn't be embarrassed go for it. I've just written a review on lelo beads and I think they might help her. Just sit and have a chat and give them to her while your alone. They dont look cheap or tacky. So would make quite a thoughtful gift. Hope she has a nice birthday

[suspended user]

suspended user

at 83 she may think i was after the inheritance

naughtywildfun90 [sign in to see picture]

Hell yeah!!! i talk to my mom alot about my new toys and things and her new toys and stuff too.

I think they are more essential than people realise! i have stress incontinence which is the whole reason i use them. I mentioned them to my mom,(which got the funniest reaction) "oh you mean those pervy balls?"

i told her all the benefits of them and im sure she has a pair or 2 now!!

Naked_butler [sign in to see picture]

erm.. no.. never

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

No way. Mine isn't a family that discusses sex. Plus I haven't bought kegel balls for myself yet.

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

I maybe would if I knew my mother had problems with her pelvic floor muscles. We have discussed kegel exercises before, and I recall mentioning that I had some problems with, errr, leakages sometimes. :P And I also told her that, not only can you do exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, but you can also get exercisers - she seemed quite curious/intrigued by that. So I'd personally take that as a good sign. :P

Not entirely sure my dad would be happy with her having them, ha ha! :P

But I don't see anything wrong with giving them as a present (especially not the Lelo brand ones, as they're so classy :D); though, since it's your mum, I would recommend you don't portray them in a sexual light - just let her know that it'll help with strengthen the muscles down there and will stop the problems she has. :) If that makes any sense. ^^;

Candied Citrus wrote:

I maybe would if I knew my mother had problems with her pelvic floor muscles. We have discussed kegel exercises before, and I recall mentioning that I had some problems with, errr, leakages sometimes. :P And I also told her that, not only can you do exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, but you can also get exercisers - she seemed quite curious/intrigued by that. So I'd personally take that as a good sign. :P

Not entirely sure my dad would be happy with her having them, ha ha! :P

But I don't see anything wrong with giving them as a present (especially not the Lelo brand ones, as they're so classy :D); though, since it's your mum, I would recommend you don't portray them in a sexual light - just let her know that it'll help with strengthen the muscles down there and will stop the problems she has. :) If that makes any sense. ^^;

Definately agree with this! Thanks for the advice guys, I'll go for it! We are both adults and it's no different to buying her an exercise bike :/

Edit: LOL that sounds silly now! Ah well....

UPDATE: I asked my mum today if she'd be interested in a pair, and she said no. Never mind, I'll have to get something else for myself instead ;)

On a curious note, she said she'd seen them in Ann Summers before. What's she doing looking at that terrible place!?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.