• Virginity - did/does it matter to you?

Highly_Insatiable [sign in to see picture]

It wasn't a big deal to me really, I was 14 when I lost mine (oopsy) and my boyfriend was 16, also a virgin. We ended up staying together for a couple of years which is a big deal at that age!

I guess if I'd have lost it to a random that only wanted that, I would feel different about it, but we are still friends 13 years later and I do not regret how, where or when I lost it. Like others, I was glad to get it over and done with!

goodgirl93 [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I lost mine at 16 and I really really regret it as the guy was a dick. I wish I waited for the right person, but there's nothing I can do about that now :)

I wouldn't mind being with someone who's a virgin, it doesn't define them and I think I'd enjoy experiencing everything with them as I'm not exactly a sexpert

exactly the same here, the guy was a right prick. He put a pillow over my face (which normally i dont mind) i asked him why, and he said he was imagining someone prettier. So that was a blow as I have zilch self esteem anyway.
    I took my OHs virginity but he wasn't niave :') somehow he knew just how to make me tick and with a few pointers he's brilliant. xx

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

I agree with Sub-Kitten completely on 2 points....

I have alot of respect for older virgins and for people who save their virginity for marriage, it is not an easy thing with peer pressure and i completely commend the ones who do. I have had friends who lost their virginity on their wedding night (due to religion)....actually i have a friend who went against her religion and slept with her boyfriend, they then rushed into marriage as an attempt to justify it. I think the world around us influences our views on virginity.

I also agree that i would rather be with a virgin than someone who put it about. I have had an ex who had one partner before me (but it was limited experience so therefore she still felt like a virgin) it was fun to experience things with her and find out what she liked and disliked together. Another of my ex's had been with alot of people and i always hated the thought of it, i liked to think in my head she was a virgin as i hated thinking of all the people, all the random strangers, who had been with her. The sex with the 2nd was much better but i like to believe that is due to how we were physically and emotionally suited rather than the fact she had much more experience.

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

mogwai wrote:

Was losing your virginity a big deal? Did you wait for a special someone or want rid of it as soon as you could?

In some quarters there's a stigma attached to still being a virgin almost as soon as you're beyond legal age, in others it's considered de rigeur until marriage - what do you think?

I know there's a deflowering kink, but how would you react if your partner revealed they were still a virgin?

It was a big deal for me, in that I spent almost all of my twenties wondering when it was going to happen and what it would be like. As it happens, I lost it to a very special someone -- my wife on our wedding night, who was also a virgin. That wasn't a deliberate policy, though, until we became engaged and agreed how we wanted to play it. Before we met, though, I would have readily taken the opportunity to lose it to anyone meaningful. I didn't want it to happen on a one-night stand in which my lack of experience might be cruelly exposed with no possibility of a second chance.

It was rather a cute moment when my wife-to-be and I had the conversation about virginity. I think she was expecting me to be somewhat experienced as she knew that I had female friends and that I had been on many dates in the past. When I confided to her that it had been a long dry spell from a sexual point of view, she seemed relieved and much more comfortable to admit her own status. From my point of view, I wouldn't have minded at all if she had told me about other partners, but it did seem nice that we had the same answer to the question, and that we could therefore look forward to starting to learn together.

YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]

Mine was very special to me and I WAS waiting for the right guy but I got very drunk age 15 and slept with a friend randomly. Although I did end up in a relationship with him & I did love him, so he was special just in a backward way haha. I do wish I had lost it to my current partner sometimes, but then think I would always be thinking what it would be like to be with someone else!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

I was 14 which shocks me now when I think about it.

I never gave virginity a second thought as I was having a ball!

No pun intended :) SG

lilac_vix [sign in to see picture]

loosing mine wasn't special but it wasn't bad either. It would have been nice if I had waited a little longer as a met someone who was the love of my life for four years about 4 months later.

I don't think it matters what experience someone has got. Sometimes someone who has had a lot of partners for only one or two times is in reality a lot more inexperienced that someone who has had only one, very intense sexually exploritative relationship. When I'm with someone I'm not thinking about who else they've been with and in fact being a bit of a voyuer I quite like hearing stories. I don't think of my self as having a lot of sexual experiences but if I am honest about it I'm well up in double figures and I've had lesbien sex, threesomes, gangbangs, hooked up with random strangers, taken other peoples virginity, played on the S$M scene and swinging scenes so I guess I've been round the block more than I care to admit lol. I certainly couldn't have a relationship with someone who was intimidated or bothered by their partner having been with a lot of other people.

I did once end a relationship with someone I was seeing after I found out he was a virgin but that was because he had been waiting for someone special and I knew I wasn't that person- I didn't love him. He was a bit upset but I said to him I didn't think he should loose it to me just because he was getting bored of waiting, sex was clearly special and emotionally meaningful to him so he should stick it out.

Hev-leigh [sign in to see picture]

I was 13 and lost mine to my boyfriend who was 16. He was a virgin too and we were together for a few years. I must admit that even tho I was young it was the right time for me. I was always lectured that my virginity was special etc by my mum. I get that because I have to have a bond with someone. (one-night stands just not my thing). But I remeber thinking all that fuss for that and not really being bothered that I wasn't a virgin anymore.

But I think you know when it's the right time for you. Whether your 13 like I was or 103 it just has to be right for you. And for all you virgins, your mr or mrs right might just be the next person you meet So hold out for your ideal partner xxxx

mewmew [sign in to see picture]

I lost my virginity when i was 16,because it felt completely natural and right.

I also dated a guy who was a virgin and i took his virginity,i found the whole thing awkward in a way.

Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]

I was 17 and I was in a long term relationship, my first proper long term relationship.

I remeber wanting to wait until I was 17 before I lost my virginity and told him so. But I couldnt wait and it was just a few weeks before my 17 that I lost my virginity. As I recall he wasnt that well hung and throughout our relationship, although it was all new and exciting I couldnt help but wished he was a little bigger down there. We split up because he was a pathological liar. Shame his lying didnt have the same effect on his dick as it did pinnochio's nose!!

[suspended user]

suspended user

To be honest I just wanted to get laid, my first GF fortuanately was sympathetic and patient.

Much later I had a friend in China who though not a virgin had never had a proper lover, I took my time to give her a nice experience. It was wonderful to hear in broken English that she now knew what "making love" meant.

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

I lost mine at 16 with some guy I met in a club. It was awful. His mates walked in half way through,and he put a Westlife album on repeat thinking it was romantic.

All I could think about was how I wasnt a virgin anymore, how much I hated westlife, and where did my bra go....:/

Wish I had waited for someone special, but we live and learn hey!

funguy1234 [sign in to see picture]

im 18 and a virgin, to me it is a big deal :(

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

I was a weird, awkward, spotty, rubbish-haircutted teenager & so made it through to 19 & university without too little threat to my virginity. One there though, I made a conscious decision to completely reinvent myself in a bid to finally pop my cherry.

Amongst the things I did was invent a long & complicated sexual history (sad, I know!) When I did finally manage to get someone into bed, it was someone who was pretty experienced (and who was going out with a friend - that's a story for another day though) & I'm sure she quickly realised I wasn't quite the sexpert I'd pretended to be. I'm not sure she ever realised that she'd deflowered me - certainly we never discussed it.

Once I'd popped my cherry, I quickly abandoned my fictional back-story, exchanging it for proper experience instead.

Heart2Heart [sign in to see picture]

Lost mine at 16. It wasn't all that bigger deal as I thought it might have been but hey ho. I was in a long term relationship at the time so it was on an emotional and physical level. Thing is, it wasn't awkward or anything so it wasn't at all bad. For her it was much more emotional that I felt it was

It felt more emotional when I took my new OHs virginity, I have a much stronger connection with her then I did my ex. But I wouldn't take anything back.

killerbunny [sign in to see picture]

No, not a big deal... I did it with a girl from my school when we both were 16... We were in a short relationship and we both were virgins with the strong will to experience first sex. Nice feeling having sex for the first time.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

afraidnotscared wrote:

I was a weird, awkward, spotty, rubbish-haircutted teenager & so made it through to 19 & university without too little threat to my virginity. One there though, I made a conscious decision to completely reinvent myself in a bid to finally pop my cherry.

Amongst the things I did was invent a long & complicated sexual history (sad, I know!) When I did finally manage to get someone into bed, it was someone who was pretty experienced (and who was going out with a friend - that's a story for another day though) & I'm sure she quickly realised I wasn't quite the sexpert I'd pretended to be. I'm not sure she ever realised that she'd deflowered me - certainly we never discussed it.

Once I'd popped my cherry, I quickly abandoned my fictional back-story, exchanging it for proper experience instead.

This is really sweet in a way, I think.

I remember myself and my first GF being in a dilemma. I was scared/embarrassed to admit I was a virgin and she was scared embarrassed to admit that she wasnt. Society is strange at times.

laurawalker [sign in to see picture]

i really wish i had waited to lose mine, i was way too young and felt pressured into doing it :( but i suppose when i was that age it didnt matter what anyone else said to me and i thought i was in love at the time x

Scarlet Couple [sign in to see picture]

I was 16 when i lost mine, my GF at the time, who was also a virgin, wanted us to lose it together on her 16th birthday, it was special, albeit a bit fumbly!!! We stayed together for a few years, then i was a naughty boy, so i had to end the relationship through guilt. Many relationships later and a divorce each, we met up, and carried on from where we left off, we've now been married for 3 years and I couldn't be happier :)

The first time, the second time round was also a bit fumbly :p

[suspended user]

suspended user

Scarlet Couple wrote:

The first time, the second time round was also a bit fumbly :p

Every time I went home from Saudi it was a bit fumbly, still is some times after a while away.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.