• Random quiery Tattoo pain afterwards

Banananananas! [sign in to see picture]

Righhttt ive got 4 now not a newbie but now im putting the cream on it well you wouldnt think its on my leg :L why is the painfull blighter making me want to touch it and it does still hurt but its a good hurt, and im not a bdsm type so its not that im into pain pain but yeeeepp its going to be the worlds moistest tattoo

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Be carefull of touching it more than you absolutely need to. Even with very clean hands you risk infection from bacteria on your hands.

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

Banananananas! wrote:

yeeeepp its going to be the worlds moistest tattoo

Don't..you'll ruin the tat. It just needs a think layer of Bepanthen nappy cream, nothing else

amydb69 [sign in to see picture]

lol that stuff works wonders for tattoos xx

Candied Citrus [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

Banananananas! wrote:

Don't..you'll ruin the tat. It just needs a think layer of Bepanthen nappy cream, nothing else

So, is that a thin layer, a thick layer, or somewhere in between? ;) :P Just teasing~ ^^

Miss tease [sign in to see picture]

As someone who's got one all down my ribs I'd say just keep moisturising,you don't need anything fancy just keep moisturising every day for at least a couple of weeks ,and try not to touch or pick it when it becomes flakey,then youll be fine :)

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

Banananananas! wrote:

Best think I ever used was tattoo goo balm and the shower gel.... kept my tattoo very bright!

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

Oooh be careful of bepanthen, as it can cause the ink to bubble up:/

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

jenkat wrote:

Oooh be careful of bepanthen, as it can cause the ink to bubble up:/

If you apply too much maybe but a thin layer worked absolute wonders on my biggest tat,

JP951 [sign in to see picture]

Have to agree.

A thin layer to keep the skin moist, as it is basically speeding up the healing process and will stop the tat from scrabbling up. Also great to reduce redness.

Personally, I would suggest using it for 3-4 days, which will allow the main healing to take place. The skin might be dry at this stage and slightly flakey in parts, so during the day use a fragrance free skin moisturiser to keep it going for another week.

Tidying this time also use thin layers of bepathen to areas that are still sore or starting to scab. I have had to half sleeves and swear by the above.

However, the wife is happy with good old Vaseline!

Don't try the cling film technique. It will cause the ink to seep out and gets very messy and sweaty!!

Hope this helped.

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

I guess it all depends on the quality of the ink, and peoples own sensitivity...if bepanthen works for you, then use it, but as TT said, use it sparingly. I know E45 cream can have the same effect. I use vaseline on mine personally. I Only ever keep my tattoos wrapped in clingfilm for a few hours to minimise the risk of infection, but yeah, it makes you sweat and draws out the ink and is not the most attractive look ;)

Bladebabe [sign in to see picture]

How big is it and where abouts? I had a largish leg tatt and whenever I put my leg down, the blood flow bloody killed! I hobbled around like an old woman for 2 days!

Banananananas! [sign in to see picture]

Its about the top half of my calf so its pretty big compared but im not hobbling... im allergic to everything you guys have said! ahah except vaseline gel but thats horrible cause your skin cant breathe n gets addicted to the petrolum so stops self moisturizing, why so many younglings have chapped lips lol

i use vaselines liquid hypoallergenic moisturizer, im a wee sensitive soul, its good and doesnt let you slap it on, ive heard water wrecks tattoos but my wrist one was fine got it done when doing hairdressing and constantly soaking it with water shampoo and all sorts and can safely say didnt affect mine, maybe it depends on the type of ink, and i couldnt pick a scab if life depended on it ahaha id be sick first so its safe

so many replies guys i feel like ive wrote a mini essay

but summary ive soaked previous tat's no harm, ive not one let scab as an experiment (keeping it constantly moisturized it was the fastest to heal!) and ive not touched one atall no cream no nothing (since everything i was told i was allergic to so just thought id be better letting it be untill i knew more healed fineee)

and avoid vaseline jelly!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.