• Jim Jefferies and sex

lilac_vix [sign in to see picture]

I love Jim Jefferies but is he right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRHPr7Gabk&feature=related

Is it the womans responsibilities to get wet? Do men really not like foreplay? Does this kind of humour send the wrong message about sex?

If nothing else you get to have a laugh listening him :D

ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]

I can see the logic in his argument, but personally I enjoy foreplay too (although sometimes it does feel like I'm the one doing the work).

Syd [sign in to see picture]

I've alwas preferred five play

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

hardly the womens sole responsibility to get wet, if somoene wants to penatrate me they need to get me wet, which is the point of foreplay (so even if they dont get off men benifit from it)

plus foreplay is the way most women orgasm. i havent watched the video (as it wont open on my tablet) but what does he wabt, a warm wet hole or a partner who is equal.

theres a whole perception in mainstream society that women dont enjoy sex and just tolerate it, but thats another issue

hmm so i got the video working

massive red flags: the apparent lack of consent (if you find it uncomfortable, tough)

the line " we like it if it looks like youre in pain" ( not that this is inherently bad, but in the context he states it)

this guy is a massive selfish douche.

physiologically it is usually easier for men to have sex or get hard than it s for a woman to get wet.

sweetlove666 wrote:

this guy is a massive selfish douche.

I will admit he is one of the most boisterous stand up's I've seen, but you have to remember that often they are just playing up to the audience, and tell jokes on stage that they don't necessarily agree with, because they know people will laugh.

I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

Adx

I agree that he could have toned it down, but his accent sounded Australian, and from what people have told me, they are alot more liberal when it comes to swearing, so I don't think he was deliberately trying to be offensive, just exagurated.

Plus, I throught the spin ending on taking a stereotypical male detriment (being turned on to easily) was clever.

ShaftMaster wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

I agree that he could have toned it down, but his accent sounded Australian, and from what people have told me, they are alot more liberal when it comes to swearing, so I don't think he was deliberately trying to be offensive, just exagurated.

Plus, I throught the spin ending on taking a stereotypical male detriment (being turned on to easily) was clever.

Wasn't talking about the swearing. The swearing was fine, it's the extreme points of view he was expressing - misogyny etc. I think it's deliberate exaggeration.

Adx

Ork wrote:

In the great world of comedy such thing's are accepted, because it's supply and demand he suplie's (as do other's) and there is a huge dumbed down audience eager to hear joke's like this. Not long ago I had a friend ho found everything that was just plain wrong funny, and sadly there was more than enough crap to supply him.

For a comedian making jke's is easy but to make a joke that is funny and will offend no one on the planet? I think that's going to be impossible.

Yes but to deliberately offend is laziness. There's a difference between a good joke that happens to offend people and a lazy joke where the joke *is* the offending of people. I don't care if a comedian offends me, but the comedian above just seems lazy to me.

Adx

[suspended user]

suspended user

I was watching a great video on how to please a woman, the stuff about foreplay was boring but you can fast forward to the interesting bits.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

ShaftMaster wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Wasn't talking about the swearing. The swearing was fine, it's the extreme points of view he was expressing - misogyny etc. I think it's deliberate exaggeration.

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

There's a difference between a good joke that happens to offend people and a lazy joke where the joke *is* the offending of people.

Adx

I see your point, and just as you differentiate between clever and lazy offensive jokes, I differentiate between jokes being mysoginistic, and jokes condoning mysogeny, so I personally did't find it offensive.

Neither did I. I said that numerous times :S

lilac_vix [sign in to see picture]

I think foreplay is the thing you do to get the man hard so you can have sex... lol

I was using it in a bit of a 'devils advocate' kinda way I do think he presents an extreme view point and maybe one a bit different from the norm. His kinda right though in one aspect, if a man couldn't get an erection I bet the number of people who turn round and say the woman must have been doing something wrong would be few and far between.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I used to hate Ben Elton, he went away from the old mother in law jokes and jokes about the wife and various stereotypes but seemed to spend a whole set making unfunny remarks about womens periods, at times he was cringeworthy but hailed as the avante guarde of alternative humour. Women have periods Ben, get over it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

lilac_vix wrote:

I think foreplay is the thing you do to get the man hard so you can have sex... lol

Lilac I think we have the same sense of humour

lilac_vix wrote:

I was using it in a bit of a 'devils advocate' kinda way I do think he presents an extreme view point and maybe one a bit different from the norm. His kinda right though in one aspect, if a man couldn't get an erection I bet the number of people who turn round and say the woman must have been doing something wrong would be few and far between.

That's probably the only valid point he made and in my mind - he started with that point then made a rubbish, exaggerated joke around it. I don't dislike the man for being offensive or outspoken, he's just a lazy comic!

That said, it is unfair that men are expected to be responsible for those things. However women do put enough pressure on themselves already so I'm sure the playing field is at least even in that way.

Adx

ShaftMaster wrote:

I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

the problem isnt if he believes it or not its the fact that hes perpetuating rape culture. why should i laugh at things like this which contribute to something 1 in 4 women will face? people belive in the thing hes saying(sex must be taken, your partner must look to be in pain, you can have it when your partners not ready and its all their fault) even if he dosent believe it at east one person in the audience will, and i do not like the fact it portrays a dangerous message. its not funny and its not even taboo - thoughts like this are mainstream

sweetlove666 wrote:

ShaftMaster wrote:

the problem isnt if he believes it or not its the fact that hes perpetuating rape culture. why should i laugh at things like this which contribute to something 1 in 4 women will face? people belive in the thing hes saying(sex must be taken, your partner must look to be in pain, you can have it when your partners not ready and its all their fault) even if he dosent believe it at east one person in the audience will, and i do not like the fact it portrays a dangerous message. its not funny and its not even taboo - thoughts like this are mainstream

I can understand if you found it offensive, but I don't see how making a joke about women looking in pain is perpetuating rape culture???

If someone in the audience believes it when he says a partner should look like they're in pain, then they're gonna believe that anyway, whether they hear it from a stand up comic or not. Succesful stand up comics might have a celebrity status that allows them to be influential, but they don't determine peoples morality.

[suspended user]

suspended user

sweetlove666 wrote:

ShaftMaster wrote:

I must say SL66 one of the hardest things for a man to discern is the pleasure and pain thing. My OH frequently used to look and sound in pain which brought a halt to proceedings, over time i have learned the difference and she has learned more clear signals...They do sound very similar

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.