• Jim Jefferies and sex

    1342999951
    lilac_vix [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 363
    • Joined: 9 Nov 2010

    I love Jim Jefferies but is he right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRHPr7Gabk&feature=related

    Is it the womans responsibilities to get wet? Do men really not like foreplay? Does this kind of humour send the wrong message about sex?

    If nothing else you get to have a laugh listening him :D

    1343001666
    ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 466
    • Joined: 17 Dec 2010

    I can see the logic in his argument, but personally I enjoy foreplay too (although sometimes it does feel like I'm the one doing the work).

    1343005484
    Syd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 229
    • Joined: 6 Mar 2012

    I've alwas preferred five play

    1343035126
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1941
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    hardly the womens sole responsibility to get wet, if somoene wants to penatrate me they need to get me wet, which is the point of foreplay (so even if they dont get off men benifit from it)

    plus foreplay is the way most women orgasm. i havent watched the video (as it wont open on my tablet) but what does he wabt, a warm wet hole or a partner who is equal.

    theres a whole perception in mainstream society that women dont enjoy sex and just tolerate it, but thats another issue

    1343035988
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1941
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    hmm so i got the video working

    massive red flags: the apparent lack of consent (if you find it uncomfortable, tough)

    the line " we like it if it looks like youre in pain" ( not that this is inherently bad, but in the context he states it)

    this guy is a massive selfish douche.

    physiologically it is usually easier for men to have sex or get hard than it s for a woman to get wet.

    1343039055
    ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 466
    • Joined: 17 Dec 2010

    sweetlove666 wrote:

    this guy is a massive selfish douche.

    I will admit he is one of the most boisterous stand up's I've seen, but you have to remember that often they are just playing up to the audience, and tell jokes on stage that they don't necessarily agree with, because they know people will laugh.

    I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

    1343042178
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3433
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

    I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

    Adx

    1343046342
    ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 466
    • Joined: 17 Dec 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

    I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

    Adx

    I agree that he could have toned it down, but his accent sounded Australian, and from what people have told me, they are alot more liberal when it comes to swearing, so I don't think he was deliberately trying to be offensive, just exagurated.

    Plus, I throught the spin ending on taking a stereotypical male detriment (being turned on to easily) was clever.

    1343048067
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3433
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    ShaftMaster wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

    I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

    Adx

    I agree that he could have toned it down, but his accent sounded Australian, and from what people have told me, they are alot more liberal when it comes to swearing, so I don't think he was deliberately trying to be offensive, just exagurated.

    Plus, I throught the spin ending on taking a stereotypical male detriment (being turned on to easily) was clever.

    Wasn't talking about the swearing. The swearing was fine, it's the extreme points of view he was expressing - misogyny etc. I think it's deliberate exaggeration.

    Adx

    1343048271
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3433
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Ork wrote:

    In the great world of comedy such thing's are accepted, because it's supply and demand he suplie's (as do other's) and there is a huge dumbed down audience eager to hear joke's like this. Not long ago I had a friend ho found everything that was just plain wrong funny, and sadly there was more than enough crap to supply him.

    For a comedian making jke's is easy but to make a joke that is funny and will offend no one on the planet? I think that's going to be impossible.

    Yes but to deliberately offend is laziness. There's a difference between a good joke that happens to offend people and a lazy joke where the joke *is* the offending of people. I don't care if a comedian offends me, but the comedian above just seems lazy to me.

    Adx

    1343050768

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3024
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2012

    I was watching a great video on how to please a woman, the stuff about foreplay was boring but you can fast forward to the interesting bits.

    1343057873
    ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 466
    • Joined: 17 Dec 2010

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    ShaftMaster wrote:

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    Wow. He tries too hard doesn't he? He seems to have decided it's easier to say things that are offensive to get a laugh than it is to actually make a funny joke.

    I'm not particularly offended - I would be if I thought he genuinely believed what he said but I think he's just saying it to be deliberately offensive which is really lazy for a comedian.

    Adx

    I agree that he could have toned it down, but his accent sounded Australian, and from what people have told me, they are alot more liberal when it comes to swearing, so I don't think he was deliberately trying to be offensive, just exagurated.

    Plus, I throught the spin ending on taking a stereotypical male detriment (being turned on to easily) was clever.

    Wasn't talking about the swearing. The swearing was fine, it's the extreme points of view he was expressing - misogyny etc. I think it's deliberate exaggeration.

    Adx

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    There's a difference between a good joke that happens to offend people and a lazy joke where the joke *is* the offending of people.

    Adx

    I see your point, and just as you differentiate between clever and lazy offensive jokes, I differentiate between jokes being mysoginistic, and jokes condoning mysogeny, so I personally did't find it offensive.

    1343057963
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3433
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Neither did I. I said that numerous times :S

    1343068724
    lilac_vix [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 363
    • Joined: 9 Nov 2010

    I think foreplay is the thing you do to get the man hard so you can have sex... lol

    I was using it in a bit of a 'devils advocate' kinda way I do think he presents an extreme view point and maybe one a bit different from the norm. His kinda right though in one aspect, if a man couldn't get an erection I bet the number of people who turn round and say the woman must have been doing something wrong would be few and far between.

    1343072113

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3024
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2012

    I used to hate Ben Elton, he went away from the old mother in law jokes and jokes about the wife and various stereotypes but seemed to spend a whole set making unfunny remarks about womens periods, at times he was cringeworthy but hailed as the avante guarde of alternative humour. Women have periods Ben, get over it.

    1343072153

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3024
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2012

    lilac_vix wrote:

    I think foreplay is the thing you do to get the man hard so you can have sex... lol

    Lilac I think we have the same sense of humour

    1343076548
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3433
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    lilac_vix wrote:

    I think foreplay is the thing you do to get the man hard so you can have sex... lol

    I was using it in a bit of a 'devils advocate' kinda way I do think he presents an extreme view point and maybe one a bit different from the norm. His kinda right though in one aspect, if a man couldn't get an erection I bet the number of people who turn round and say the woman must have been doing something wrong would be few and far between.

    That's probably the only valid point he made and in my mind - he started with that point then made a rubbish, exaggerated joke around it. I don't dislike the man for being offensive or outspoken, he's just a lazy comic!

    That said, it is unfair that men are expected to be responsible for those things. However women do put enough pressure on themselves already so I'm sure the playing field is at least even in that way.

    Adx

    1343084140
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1941
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    ShaftMaster wrote:

    I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

    the problem isnt if he believes it or not its the fact that hes perpetuating rape culture. why should i laugh at things like this which contribute to something 1 in 4 women will face? people belive in the thing hes saying(sex must be taken, your partner must look to be in pain, you can have it when your partners not ready and its all their fault) even if he dosent believe it at east one person in the audience will, and i do not like the fact it portrays a dangerous message. its not funny and its not even taboo - thoughts like this are mainstream

    1343085365
    ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 466
    • Joined: 17 Dec 2010

    sweetlove666 wrote:

    ShaftMaster wrote:

    I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

    the problem isnt if he believes it or not its the fact that hes perpetuating rape culture. why should i laugh at things like this which contribute to something 1 in 4 women will face? people belive in the thing hes saying(sex must be taken, your partner must look to be in pain, you can have it when your partners not ready and its all their fault) even if he dosent believe it at east one person in the audience will, and i do not like the fact it portrays a dangerous message. its not funny and its not even taboo - thoughts like this are mainstream

    I can understand if you found it offensive, but I don't see how making a joke about women looking in pain is perpetuating rape culture???

    If someone in the audience believes it when he says a partner should look like they're in pain, then they're gonna believe that anyway, whether they hear it from a stand up comic or not. Succesful stand up comics might have a celebrity status that allows them to be influential, but they don't determine peoples morality.

    1343087689

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3024
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2012

    sweetlove666 wrote:

    ShaftMaster wrote:

    I'm not condoning making women look like they're in pain, but in this world of politicaly correct madness, sometimes (I think) you need to laugh at things you "shouldn't".

    the problem isnt if he believes it or not its the fact that hes perpetuating rape culture. why should i laugh at things like this which contribute to something 1 in 4 women will face? people belive in the thing hes saying(sex must be taken, your partner must look to be in pain, you can have it when your partners not ready and its all their fault) even if he dosent believe it at east one person in the audience will, and i do not like the fact it portrays a dangerous message. its not funny and its not even taboo - thoughts like this are mainstream

    I must say SL66 one of the hardest things for a man to discern is the pleasure and pain thing. My OH frequently used to look and sound in pain which brought a halt to proceedings, over time i have learned the difference and she has learned more clear signals...They do sound very similar

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.