• BC pills messing with me :(

    1342905107
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    so i've beene on my Bc pills (microgynon 30) for about a year now, when i was first on them i missed my pill free days a fiew months in a row (max 3 concecutive months) a coupple of times with very little detrimental effect (a little more crampy than usual when i eventualy had my period but nothing wors) i did the same again 2 months ago but now i seem to have accuired a very light but constant blead and occations when i'm really off sex and in a foul mood.

    now i really hope the bleading stops soon as im going camping...with my partner next wednesday and a) it will be a pain having this random bleading whilst camping a b) there is now way we wont want to have sex when we're together for 10 days and im not 100% about messy sex that already wont be the cleanest (as in no bath/ shower)

    so has anyone elce experienced anything like this before and does anyone know if it would be safe for me to have my pill free days now before i go away even though im not at the end of my packet and if that would help at all.

    thanks

    rd xx

    1342905328
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    Anyone?

    1342906276
    sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 440
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    I had a similar thing on ovranette & in the end I had to stop taking it completely for a while so that my body could 'reset'. It seems our bodies sometimes fight back after we mess about with our hormones so much. I think you'd be ok to have your free days early but cannot guarantee that you won't still get some breakthrough bleeding whilst you're away. Sorry if that's not very helpful :/

    Have you spoken to the doctor about this? Because whilst the bleeding is probably just breakthrough bleeding which is common when on the pill, it could be something more serious so it's always best to get it checked. And the doctor can give you the best advice as to what to do x

    1342906330
    Naughtybutnice12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 94
    • Joined: 5 Mar 2012

    I know from a few years on it myself you aren't protected unless you've had 7 consecutive days but if you just stopped after that they may (and I don't know this for a fact) be in affective anyway. I would speak to the GP (particularly about the bleeding/missed pills) or NHS direct or your local family planning clinic x

    1342909628
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    Naughtybutnice12 wrote:

    I know from a few years on it myself you aren't protected unless you've had 7 consecutive days but if you just stopped after that they may (and I don't know this for a fact) be in affective anyway. I would speak to the GP (particularly about the bleeding/missed pills) or NHS direct or your local family planning clinic x

    ahhsorry if this came accross the other way. total opposit: i carried on taking them when i should have stoped for 7 days so as to have a blead.

    ...but going by your 7 days fact, that would suggest i would be fine to have my blead now (not that i will without asking) especialy as that seems to be what my body is asking for.

    1342910847
    sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 440
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    rag doll wrote:

    Naughtybutnice12 wrote:

    I know from a few years on it myself you aren't protected unless you've had 7 consecutive days but if you just stopped after that they may (and I don't know this for a fact) be in affective anyway. I would speak to the GP (particularly about the bleeding/missed pills) or NHS direct or your local family planning clinic x

    ahhsorry if this came accross the other way. total opposit: i carried on taking them when i should have stoped for 7 days so as to have a blead.

    ...but going by your 7 days fact, that would suggest i would be fine to have my blead now (not that i will without asking) especialy as that seems to be what my body is asking for.

    RD you will be covered in the sense of a contraceptive but you may still get breakthrough bleeding. Joining up the pill packets, missing the pill-free weeks, messes with your hormones more than you think so just be aware. I'd advise you to take some pantyliners or something with you just incase.

    1342912247
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    1342912419
    sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 440
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    That's because they don't like people to do that. I was severly chastised when I told my doctor that I'd been joining up my packets.

    1342912755
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    That's because they don't like people to do that. I was severly chastised when I told my doctor that I'd been joining up my packets.

    hmm, well, they should still include it as an option...after all, it is appently very undesirable tut tut

    1342913033
    sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 440
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    rag doll wrote:

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    That's because they don't like people to do that. I was severly chastised when I told my doctor that I'd been joining up my packets.

    hmm, well, they should still include it as an option...after all, it is appently very undesirable tut tut

    They definitely should. So many women do it that whilst they may not condone it, they should at least give us the necessary information.

    When you get breakthrough bleeding is it particularly heavy? I only ask as if it is not heavy then you could still have sex as normal without too much worry. A wet wipe on hand & it'd all be fine.

    1342913259
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    That's because they don't like people to do that. I was severly chastised when I told my doctor that I'd been joining up my packets.

    hmm, well, they should still include it as an option...after all, it is appently very undesirable tut tut

    They definitely should. So many women do it that whilst they may not condone it, they should at least give us the necessary information.

    When you get breakthrough bleeding is it particularly heavy? I only ask as if it is not heavy then you could still have sex as normal without too much worry. A wet wipe on hand & it'd all be fine.

    ye, its not too heavy but its just not desirable whilst camping and stuff. also it's just a pain being messy all the time

    1342913602
    sub-kitten [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 440
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    rag doll wrote:

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    sub-kitten wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm well i had a look at the NHS direct symptom checker but either im using it wrong or they only have an option for missed pills not missed pill free days.

    That's because they don't like people to do that. I was severly chastised when I told my doctor that I'd been joining up my packets.

    hmm, well, they should still include it as an option...after all, it is appently very undesirable tut tut

    They definitely should. So many women do it that whilst they may not condone it, they should at least give us the necessary information.

    When you get breakthrough bleeding is it particularly heavy? I only ask as if it is not heavy then you could still have sex as normal without too much worry. A wet wipe on hand & it'd all be fine.

    ye, its not too heavy but its just not desirable whilst camping and stuff. also it's just a pain being messy all the time

    Of course not. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that having your pill break now will be enough to ensure you're free from any bleeding whilst you're away. Wet wipes are a godsend whilst camping though. Especially for those little sex messes lol.

    1342913803
    YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 296
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2012

    I found that I had NO sex drive on any type of BC pill - mini pill & combined.

    I have the implant now & sex drive is back to normal :) but my periods are really messed up - can go months without them & then on for 2 weeks (sorry for tmi). This is still better for me though as without any hormonal contraceptive my periods are very heavy, albeit regular & once a month.

    1342914006
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    not to worry sub-kitten, i went out today especialy for wetwipes and with my mooncup i guess i could always just empty it out the door of my tent then clean up with a wetwipe after, after all my partner did say he wanted to try messy sex one day :)

    1342914152
    Imogen [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 154
    • Joined: 22 Jul 2011

    I've had this before when I've joined up packets and not taken my week off the pill, and it continued until I did take my week off. The info booklet in the packet said to expect some spotting if you did that, so I wasn't concerned, but like you say it is annoying and a bit messy. I think you'd probably be fine to take your week off now, but as has already been said it may mean that you'll still be on your "period" by the time you go away. Maybe have a good read of the info booklet with your pill? It might have some more detailed information, the one that comes with mine is very in depth.

    1342915048
    Jwantsmore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 10 Feb 2010

    I had the implant, i had constant periods, but i was then put on the mini-pill to sort them out (as well as implant). It worked, well worth a try

    1342915381
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    thanks everyone- so helpfull and reasuring :) well, as people say, no garentee it will clear up intime even if i break now and im due to break just after i get back so i think ill risk the light spotting for now instead of risk a "period" that may be heavier. will certtainly have a talk with my GP as soon as i can though.

    1342915525
    YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 296
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2012

    Jwantsmore wrote:

    I had the implant, i had constant periods, but i was then put on the mini-pill to sort them out (as well as implant). It worked, well worth a try

    Ahh right never even thought of that... My periods don't bother me that much just unexpected sometimes, but they are nowhere near as heavy as before, so not a problem if I come on unexpectedly :)

    I don't really like the hormones in my body to be honest :( but really don't like condoms (I'm engaged & both been STI-tested, so still safe sex) - looking forward to having a break from it all when we start a family.

    1342915577
    YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 296
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2012

    rag doll wrote:

    thanks everyone- so helpfull and reasuring :) well, as people say, no garentee it will clear up intime even if i break now and im due to break just after i get back so i think ill risk the light spotting for now instead of risk a "period" that may be heavier. will certtainly have a talk with my GP as soon as i can though.

    Yeah I'd go with the spotting too :) hopefully it isn't too bad at all for you & you have a lovely time

    1342916318
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 737
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    YoungHavingFun wrote:

    Yeah I'd go with the spotting too :) hopefully it isn't too bad at all for you & you have a lovely time

    aww thanks, im sure i will- annying messyness or not. i mean my partner and camping: my two favorite things (we met camping)

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.