• I need advice from someone who has given themselves an enema

maximus 69 [sign in to see picture]

Hello,

I gave myself my first full enema last week ,but it did not go to well.

I used two liters of water with two teaspoons of sea salt,but not all of the water would come out afterwards

l think this could be because it was not very warm when it went in and it took about an hour before it all came out.

So can someone please give me some advice.

fistinglover69 [sign in to see picture]

maybe just use a douche?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=952

it just goes into the bottom of your bum and comes out as soon as you push out

it seems a bit overkill haha

i may look into this and invest :P

okiiii thankyou dear, i will look when i can be bothered ha ha

MissBoo [sign in to see picture]

This is probably a really silly question, but what is the difference between an enema and a douche? I get very paranoid about hygiene up 'there' and hear about these quite a lot, but havent really got a clue!

[suspended user]

suspended user

MissBoo wrote:

This is probably a really silly question, but what is the difference between an enema and a douche? I get very paranoid about hygiene up 'there' and hear about these quite a lot, but havent really got a clue!

basically just the volume of water, much more care must be taken with an enema too hot or cold can have physical effects

[suspended user]

suspended user

I read once that too cold is dangerous and can cause thermal shock, whereas the stomach has the blood supply and sensors to cope with litres of cold liquid the rectum and large intestine/colon don´t. Also there maybe problems of flooding the body with water, the large intestine is used to remove water from the remains of food it isnt accustomed to being flooded.

[suspended user]

suspended user

BTW enemas were administered as a matter of course when my mother gave birth in the fifties I was embarrassed to be told

[suspended user]

suspended user

Ork wrote:

gunther wrote:

I read once that too cold is dangerous and can cause thermal shock, whereas the stomach has the blood supply and sensors to cope with litres of cold liquid the rectum and large intestine/colon don´t. Also there maybe problems of flooding the body with water, the large intestine is used to remove water from the remains of food it isnt accustomed to being flooded.

I doubt there would be any major problem or I would have noticed by now lol and I doubt love honey would sell something dangerous... would they?

gunther wrote:

BTW enemas were administered as a matter of course when my mother gave birth in the fifties I was embarrassed to be told

Oh that is a nasty image!

hospitals are careful that the water is at body temperature is all I am saying.

Thursday;s child [sign in to see picture]

The basic difference between an enema and a colonic is that the first is a "batch" process - take it in, hold and release - while the latter is continuous.

Colonics can be open - you lie or sit over a "pottie" and the water goes into you and then flows out or closed in which you are connected to the plumbing by a speculum which has a small diameter pipe to let the warm water in and a large diameter one to take the waste away. Closed colonics may be given by gravity or a machine.

During a colonic you can take up to 45 litres of water while taking an enema most of us can hold only two to three litres. Some colon therapists may give an enema (possibly herbal) and then a colonic. Hope this helps. Try looking up the ARCH or I-ACT web sites.

Hello Ork

What sort of enema kit have you got .

I bought one from ebay but I have upgraded it with a very good nossle from a companey called Nutrigold.

And I got a tube clip for the tube from Wholistic Research.

Both at a good price.

It makes my enemas a joy now.

Maximus 69

pacnatman [sign in to see picture]

This is very good advice. Having too frequent enemas is like having too many x-rays; it can have lasting repercussions.

It reminds me of the time I took a sodium phosphate emema for a colonoscopy. A big delay after initially taking it and then suddenly; woompf! It left me a debilitated, quivering, nauseaous wreck, lying in the foetal position on the bathroom floor, with extreme bowel cramps for about an hour afterwards. That's maybe why I'm not game on repeating it again, in any form, any time soon.

Hello Avrielle

Thanks for your advice you seem to know what you are talking about and I will Take note of what you say.

I give myself an enema once every three weeks I use mineral water and I add two tea spoons of sea salt but you could be right mybe I should leave it for a few months. Thank you very much for your concern.

I am sorry to hear about your illness hope it doe's not give you to much trouble.

Maximus 69

X

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Ork wrote:

I only started when I found douche's to be tottally useles and I mean literally kept going at it to find more stuff had apeared

I think I know the cause of this and it's simply caused by putting too much water in at a time. If you over-fill the rectum with the douche then you get water passing up into the sigmoid colon and if this happens it then drains down after you have finished douching and brings $h!t€ with it. I ran into this problem when I went from my original small, hard-to-squeeze douche to a bigger, softer one and right away I found this problem. In fact this is exactly what I have against enemas. That even if you use several large volumes of water it always ends up leaving me less than clean after it's all drained/been reabsorbed so I had to finish with a douche anyway.

If the douche has a long nozzle its also possible to cause the same issue by putting the nozzle too far in and injecting the douche into the sigmoid colon directly.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.