• Reminder...

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Gem, Lucy - P, Nicole and I are currently suffering from a serious case of [sad face].

Please could we remind everyone that behind the avatars, people have feelings. We've seen quite a lot of people who've had their feelings hurt recently, and feel that there has been a lot of posting without thinking.

This is a bit unsual for the Lovehoney forum and it's making us angry and upset in equal measure to see the positive, welcoming, accepting, friendly atmosphere being eroded.

For some people, it takes a lot of bravery to ask things on this forum and some people can be very sensitive when opening up about such personal issues.

Please can everyone err on the side of being kind and accepting, rather than sharp, harsh and confrontative.

Thank you to everyone who has reported posts and everyone who has stepped in and posted to try and keep the peace.

Kohaku [sign in to see picture]

:)

Honeytongue [sign in to see picture]

Thank you Alice and all of the team. I hope the current atmosphere returns to what it was so that people don't leave.

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Thank you :), i know ive been in the middle of some of the, "heated debates" but i do try and help people out :)

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Did I miss something?

Wise words though x

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Blueeyes82 wrote:

Did I miss something?

Wise words though x

Possibly, but let's not go into details!

Onwards and upwards

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Onwards and upwards

Agreed!

From now on i shall be Mr helpful! do you sell any capes i can wear?

Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks Alice - I hope it returns back to the way it used to be and everyone can feel free to talk about anything .. within reason.

x

OperationFilth [sign in to see picture]

+1

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I'v noticed this happening a bit more too - actaully it kinda started more after the LH Tv thing as we had a surge of newbies.

Hopefully people will be more considerate when typing.

Yes we do have freedom of speach, and should be encouraged to be open and show our personalities, but like everything we need to consider others as that's part of the responibilty of being able to talk freely. There's no point in having these rights if they are abused and people get hurt.

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Hear hear!

If I'm honest, with the recent trolling etc, it really does put me off posting as much as I did

Stuburns [sign in to see picture]

yeah whats with all the bravado and defensive posturing? can understand it from angry teenagers who think the world is against them but not from mature adults who really should know better..lets turn from the darkside and get back to the friendly forum it was last week.. now anyone for a biscuit and cup of tea?

Noon [sign in to see picture]

I really hate to put a negative view point on things, I have gone to post this a couple of times since Alice started the thread and decided not to. :(

It seems possible that the recent sniping has not been helped by an uncertainty about the forum rules, which I have to say comes from LH towers and no where else. Sorry.

There have been things in recent months that would have seen a member banned a few years ago, members have had to point out the rules to other members (some new some not).

Can we please have a rededication of the rules, take out the ones that no longer aply and highlight any changes if there are any. As I put in the other thread LH has, I believe, always encouraged members to use the Report Post button if something troubles them. This perhaps needs reiterating?

I think the Lovehoney business is superb and the forum is a fantacstic facility that must create more work than it is worth commercially, thank you to the people who help provide it and please dont take this post personally.

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

well said Alice xx

rubberdesires [sign in to see picture]

have to say that i have found people very welcoming so those that are not kind and consideate really dont belong here! have been a lurker and buyer for last 18 months but only recently started using the forums to give back some of the enjoyment that i have found with LH toys over the past year, me and my BF have enjoyed it even if my bank balance hasnt!

Keep up the good work LH!

killerbunny [sign in to see picture]

I agree with you. Well said.

bouncingbecky [sign in to see picture]

nice to know everyone is looking out for everyone else iam proud to be part of this xxx

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I will say that over time the feel of the forum has changed. I have taken a few breaks and this time it feels like I don't know hardly anyone. A mixture of older and newer forum members work well but that doesn't usually happen.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.