• How much time do you spend with your partner?

morefun [sign in to see picture]

How long have you been together?

How much time do you spend with your partner on a typical day or week?

What do you spend that time doing? (excluding sex)

How often do you kiss/cuddle?

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner?

Sounds daft but I'm asking because I'm feeling really hard done by at the moment so I'm trying to get a real perspective so I know for a fact I'm being far too demanding for my partners attention. I already know I'm too demanding for him or any relationship but I can't seem to get it to sink in if you know what I mean.

[suspended user]

suspended user

30 yrs

when at home all the time she isnt at work

talking eatring going on trips ....normal stuff

kiss every day cuddle most days

we have been together continuausly for 2 yrs and seperated completely for 5 months (depends on work) doesnt make a difference to me.

truffle [sign in to see picture]

A year

4 or 5 days out of seven and we stay over each others on weekends - more if we're not doing anything with other friends or family.

We watch TV or a film, go for a drive to a country pub and we love eating out.

Whenever we're together.

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner?

I think so, but it works both ways. Sometimes you feel like you need a day or two's break, and at other times it feels like you never want to be apart.

Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]

4 years

We live together so I see him every day - it may only be in passing though as we have odd working hours. An hour a day is spent actually 'together', the rest of the time we're just in the same house doing our own thing

In that time, we eat together or go out for dinner. Cinema often as we have cineworld cards but also we visit in-laws regularly.

We kiss cuddle in bed and upon seeing eachother in the day - like when one of us has just gotten in from work.

We're very independant of eachother and so we always try to put aside one day a week or 2 weeks to do something actually together. Last week we went bikeriding. Bane of my life but I enjoy the interaction with my partner.

Overall we have a fantastic relationship

mybadx [sign in to see picture]

4 and a half years

I only see him for ruffly 2 weeks out a month sometimes only evan 1

Looking after the kids going for walks cinema eating out when we get the chance chilling watching a dvd

Cuddle mostly when watching a dvd or in bed and kisses when we feel like one

With us rarley seeing each other and when we do get time to spend time together other than when the kids are away i think we are very close as time together is so precious

Sailor'sLady [sign in to see picture]

How long have you been together? Almost 10mths (though known each other since school)

How much time do you spend with your partner on a typical day or week? Normally just time at the weekends as we are LDR and don't live together.

What do you spend that time doing? (excluding sex) Cinema trips, restaurants, days out (sightseeing and attractions etc), nights out with friends.

How often do you kiss/cuddle? All the time when we're together... our excuse when we get "told off" is that we're making up for all the time we spend apart!!

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner? Nope, if anything it probably makes us stronger. We really appreciate and make the most of the time we do get, and even simple things like cooking together and staying in to watch a film are really great!

J+J [sign in to see picture]

8 months

6 nights a week we stay together, and more or less always at weekends

Love going out for meals, normally once a week. Watching films etc, spend time with each others families.

Every evening, normally a couple of hugs in the day etc

Yes to an extent, but I like my alone time so we don't get on each others nerves. She likes us always being together though

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

morefun wrote:

How long have you been together? 26 years

How much time do you spend with your partner on a typical day or week? Usually once a day for about 30 minutes

What do you spend that time doing? (excluding sex) sometimes we may watch telly or browse the web together

How often do you kiss/cuddle? Never

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner? Doesn't really since I know she'll always be there for me when I need her

I am of course referring to my life long partner Rosie Palm and her five little daughters.

If you know you are too demanding could you possibly try and change this? Do stuff to take your mind off it..get some hobbies, join a club? Your partner will still be there for you when you get home right? So why not take a bit of a break from each other, even if its just a couple hours a week, you'll get a nice time and he will probably appreciate a bit of a breather..when my sons mum started working on the weekends I actually felt pretty damn relieved you know, like I could actually have some time to myself or when my boy came along some me and him time

Thanks for the replies everyone. My answers are:

How long have you been together? 3 years

How much time do you spend with your partner on a typical day or week? none unless I demand it, then it usually only ends up being an hour at the weekend watching a tvprogram.

What do you spend that time doing? (excluding sex) watch tv

How often do you kiss/cuddle? used to cuddle/kiss at bedtime, when we woke up and whenever one of us got back home. now its almost never

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner? yes, dont feel close to him at all anymore.

Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]

I agree with TTurtle.

People rely on their partners too much. Be your own person.

If me and my partner split up - nothing much would change for either of us since we have our own lives. That's not to say we don't love eachother dearly or would be crushed at the split but you see where I'm going. He'll respect you more for not being the clingy needy whiny partner

Im doing a course, working 2 jobs, out most of the time. when im at home im doing coursework usually. He gets loads of time alone. i get no me time at all. I'm not sure if im needy or normal. when i do get a spare 5 mins he is always on computer/watching football or doing his hobbies even though he already had loads of time for that. :S I resent him for it that he has no time fore me unless I start an argument n then i feel crap cuz ive forced him into it.

morefun wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone. My answers are:

How long have you been together? 3 years

How much time do you spend with your partner on a typical day or week? none unless I demand it, then it usually only ends up being an hour at the weekend watching a tvprogram.

What do you spend that time doing? (excluding sex) watch tv

How often do you kiss/cuddle? used to cuddle/kiss at bedtime, when we woke up and whenever one of us got back home. now its almost never

Does how much time you spend together affect how close you feel to your partner? yes, dont feel close to him at all anymore.

Oh well this is slightly different. OK so yes I still maintain you need to get out and enjoy yourself more but it seems like you're not really getting the affection you need..an hour at the weekend is not you being too demanding whatsoever thats quite tragic that you have to work hard to get even that.

Factors that could cause this? Stress? Work? Relationship issues? (arguments, infidelity etc.)..sounds like you guys need a proper talk and work out the boundaries and what you feel comfortable with and what he feels comfortable with, come to a COMPROMISE, there's no use you saying I want you all to myself on the weekends but similarly there is no way an hour a week with no feeling is enough.

But definitely try some new things..you might be surprised also at how your partner reacts to this, might just make him wake up and smell the coffee

edit: OK so you've explained some reasoning. You guys need to talk it out, tell him how you feel but also listen to how he feels

[suspended user]

suspended user

morefun wrote:

I resent him for it that he has no time fore me unless I start an argument n then i feel crap cuz ive forced him into it.

Is it possible he is trying to avoid an argument?

we have different sleep paterns Mrs G has her me time on a morning I have mine on a night when we are together, though being away a lot I dont need much "me" time.

Probably but we never used to argue, I used to try talking to him and asking him his thoughts on things and stuff but he didn't really respond so after a while I started to lose patience with him. I'm just getting more and more insecure alongside existing mental health issues and thats manifesting itself into massive arguements recently so now I'm just staying out his way because I don't want the arguments either which again isn't helping matters at all as I'm getting more and more stressed out by the whole situation and just end up spending loads of time alone crying after he has gone to bed.

[suspended user]

suspended user

why not go to bed together and just cuddle?

Write him a letter perhaps? Spell out your feelings..does he know you spend loads of time crying after you've gone to bed?

We used to go to bed and just cuddle but now he just rolls straight over to sleep. I've suggested going to bed earlier if he is tired so we get a few minutes first but it's still the same or doesn't happen at all.

He does know how much it is upsetting me but I've never tried the letter. I've even asked if he wants us to split up because that is the way I feel it is heading because despite me being so busy I always have made time for him but he never does for me. He is adament he doesn't want me to go and it won't happen cuz we will work things out. I'll try the letter but I don't know what else I can do other than just put up with it or leave him, neither of which I want.

rag doll [sign in to see picture]

been together just over a year

currently long distance so only get to see eachother about once a moth for a weekend but sometimes longer in holidays so will spend all our time together then.

if we are at his we often go to the ice rink or wander round london. when at mine we go to the swinning pool or he will watch me when i have my riding lessons. usualy we will also watch films, talk and cuddle. sometimes we go for a meal or visit friends/ family.

kiss and cudle lots (although he does sometimes remind me we dont have to be constantly connected) always sleep in same bed but dont always get cuddles cos he says he cant sleep wilst cuddling me :)

sometimes being appart can make us feel a little distant but it wold never put an end to our relationship i dont think. being apart always makes us appreciate being together tho.

Jess_cd [sign in to see picture]

I'm gonna answer this twice cos I recently split with my gf and I've started seeing someone new. So first the ex...

About 18 months

It was a fair bit. saw each other most days

We had lectures together. Then we'd hang out and watch tv and stuff

Not very often

Towards the end I appreciated time apart much more

and girl I'm seeing..

a couple of weeks

I see her every few days maybe.

Hanging out, watching movies, talking, going out

If it's just us then a lot

This is odd cos it's new. I want to see her more but don't want to rush things. The more I see her though the more I want to see her.

Jess_cd [sign in to see picture]

I'm gonna answer this twice cos I recently split with my gf and I've started seeing someone new. So first the ex...

About 18 months

It was a fair bit. saw each other most days

We had lectures together. Then we'd hang out and watch tv and stuff

Not very often

Towards the end I appreciated time apart much more

and girl I'm seeing..

a couple of weeks

I see her every few days maybe.

Hanging out, watching movies, talking, going out

If it's just us then a lot

This is odd cos it's new. I want to see her more but don't want to rush things. The more I see her though the more I want to see her.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.