• Contraception

Miss-C [sign in to see picture]

I totally agree! At the end of the day any medication or surgery will have side effects, and whilst some women may experience none of them, other women may get a whacking great dose of all the side effects. Then theres everyone else who lie somewhere in between the two. The important thing to remember is that you probably are going to get some side effects from the pill, implant, injection, coilor whatever else you choose but, unless they're absolutely awful,try and power through and give your body chance to adjust, it can take anything from 1-6 month. it can just be a case of trial and error like trying to find the right pill or trying one method for a while and if that doesnt work trialling another.

The most sensible thing to do is go to framily planning or your GP and get a professional opinion and correct information, so you can make a fully informed decision.

If it were me I'd steer away from permenant/ semi-permenant options as you never know what the future holds and it would be awful to get to some point in your life and regret your decision. But obviously thats only me.

elliex [sign in to see picture]

Miss-C wrote:

If it were me I'd steer away from permenant/ semi-permenant options as you never know what the future holds and it would be awful to get to some point in your life and regret your decision. But obviously thats only me.

I was thinking that too but just forgot to say it.

EskimoKisser [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm not up to speed with different meds and i was completely unaware of such large windows of oppertunity to take the pill. That's some good info.

Whoever said about talking to a doctor, youre probably right, it's something we need to bite the bullet and just do.
    After bringing this up again, we have some ideas and we're gonna see how it goes.

I really appreciate everyones reply. Ill be going over the replies again. You guys are a great source of info!

elliex [sign in to see picture]

Good luck with it all :) hope yous manage to make a decision to suit you both!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I use the Nexplanon implant and it works well for me. The only thing I've found is that it's caused me to put on weight (I went from a 14 to a 16-18, though my boobs did go from a C to a F so it's not all bad!) and my emotions in the first three months (I've had two now) were all over the place. With any method, you will find some people who have done great on it and others who have had terrible experiences.

I would recommend talking to a medical professional though. When I first went I was convinced I wanted to go with a certain method and came out pretty sure I wanted another.

fistinglover69 [sign in to see picture]

That's actually an IUS which contains progestogen. An IUD has copper and no hormones, and so she can have this for 5/10 years and wont experience any hormonal side effects at all. I have this as i'm a bit dodgy with hormonal contraception and ive had it 7 months now and i'm v happy with it! Strongly recommend it

Tisme [sign in to see picture]

I've just had my 2nd Mirena coil fitted, best thing ever. Monthlys even stopped, so no 'womans week' to stop play at all

naughtywildfun90 [sign in to see picture]

i had the implant put in which lasts for 3 years and is a very good way but i bled everyday for a the year i kept it in, i also put on 6 stone and my moods changed terribly!

I have been on the injection now for about a year and i dont have periods, im not putting weight on and i dont get too many mood swings :-) i think it depends on the woman and how she reacts to hormones xx

Toy Lover [sign in to see picture]

My husband had the snip, best thing we ever did. He had pain for 2 to 3 days then back to a normal healthy sex life. Only better as more relaxed. Much better than messing with my hormones, he loves it too cos he was rubbish with condoms and hated them.

MDgrape [sign in to see picture]

Toy Lover wrote:

My husband had the snip, best thing we ever did. He had pain for 2 to 3 days then back to a normal healthy sex life. Only better as more relaxed. Much better than messing with my hormones, he loves it too cos he was rubbish with condoms and hated them.

had absolute murder trying to get this at 20

did you go private? any advice at all?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.