• Polyamorous Relationships

kinkycop [sign in to see picture]

I don't mind the relationship like that if everyones happy!

I would also say to that too, its no ones business to judge a relationship like that, if all parties are happy then leave them alone!

its understanding such relationship can reduce stigma!

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

gunther wrote:

maybe its because my first gf wanted me to share with 13 others lol while i was saving to get us a flat

How do you mean share? Just wondering =)

I partly feel that being poly is something that comes naturally and shouldn't be forced onto anyone.

ShaftMaster [sign in to see picture]

gunther wrote:

maybe its because my first gf wanted me to share with 13 others lol while i was saving to get us a flat

Share what exactly, the flat or the bed?

My gf has always been liberal and open-minded, and I'd say that it's something she wouldn't mind at least experimenting with (after lots of discussion, obviously).

[suspended user]

suspended user

she went camping shared a tent with 13 guys Ha Ha Ha while i was working extra hours to save for our flat....we never got the flat lol

gunther wrote:

she went camping shared a tent with 13 guys Ha Ha Ha while i was working extra hours to save for our flat....we never got the flat lol

But was she is a relationship with all these guys, or just sharing the ten (guessing sleeping with) also did you know before etc.

Poly is a network of relationships all working together.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I only found out about it when I over heard her talking to someone at a live concert....we split up an hour later after 2 yrs going out....with her sex drive the idea of a platonic group was ridiculous

gunther wrote:

I only found out about it when I over heard her talking to someone at a live concert....we split up an hour later after 2 yrs going out....with her sex drive the idea of a platonic group was ridiculous

Well, you can't really compare that to a poly relationship.

It's bad what she did, but in a poly relationship you would've know. Like all relationships there are rules, and you have to respect each other etc.

[suspended user]

suspended user

nympho...looking back its clearly what she wanted but nobody talked about it then...I laugh about her complete disconnect with reality...it all ended sadly for her i am sorry to say

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

what an interseting thread for me personally i couldn't be in a poly realitionship i would get very jealous.i think if people are going to be happy in one they should go for it

me_and_jd [sign in to see picture]

I'm currently in my second poly relationship. Both have been with married men.

The key i have found to it is setting down rules before you start.

This makes things a lot easier to follow once you do this. I would encourage people to be open and try being poly. But only if you have the correct mind set for it. If you're a jealous sort of person it won't work. Ideally you want to be able to think that if this was happening to your partner would you be okay wit it. If you are happy for them to have sex with someone else then poly might be something you would be comfortable with.

Kirsty92 [sign in to see picture]

I'm not gonna lie I have often thought about bringing this up with the guy I'm seeing because I feel it's not fair that I can't be there all the time but when we mentioned there being others in the past he thought I wanted someone else which was NOT what I was saying I was just saying I was sick of guys coming into me and he got hurt thinking I meant I wanted another man. If I was to be in a poly relationship id say he can have someone else but I don't want anyone else but I don't think he wants anyone else either

me_and_jd wrote:

I'm currently in my second poly relationship. Both have been with married men.

The key i have found to it is setting down rules before you start.

This makes things a lot easier to follow once you do this. I would encourage people to be open and try being poly. But only if you have the correct mind set for it. If you're a jealous sort of person it won't work. Ideally you want to be able to think that if this was happening to your partner would you be okay wit it. If you are happy for them to have sex with someone else then poly might be something you would be comfortable with.

I'm not sure ruling out jealousy completely is the way to go. A little jealously can actually help a relationship work and help you realise certain traits about each other that you like more ect that other people may pick-up on whilst causal flirting. Plus it opens up you all for the chance to improve or explore new things, looks, activities, etc, sexual play, and more.

But I'm actually someone who feels that a perfect relationship isn't the way and would find such a thing boring. I enjoy working through things with my partners and talking about dislikes, hurts, as well as all the good awesome moments.

Also poly isn't all about sex, there are so many poly relationships where people don't sleep with each partner etc, but it's more about sharing an emotional side, and other forms of intimate contact.

But agree rules are the way forward so everyone knows where they stand at the start. I know this is an old thread and I've commented before a bit in it, but my main irk about what others think is poly is that it's swinging. Whilst poly people can be swingers, it's not always the case. I'm just always getting invites to swinging parties because people think as I'm poly that I'm ok with tajking part. Really not true with me and I wish more people would realise that poly doesn't = swinging (mini rant, ha!).

HappyHippy [sign in to see picture]

I have a friend who has a poly girlfriend. BUT, i don't think she is poly.. she doesn't want relationships, she just wants to have sex with as many people as she likes regardless of feelingts.. if she brings home another date, my friend has to sleep somewhere else and listen to them having sex. it really upsets her to think that her girlfriend is doing this, and it's driving her to try it herself even though she didn't want to, but she wants someone to love her.

On the other hand, i kow another poly couple who are happy and soon to be maried.

I don't know what to think, so I've just popped up on this forum to try gain a little more understanding, as my views might have been tainted by my friends awful girlfriend using people. I'm quite sure that isn't what poly relationships are about though!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.