• Are all women bisexual?

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I know I'm completely streight, and my biggest turn on is getting a man aroused, that trouser bulge that says you have my attention, I just love the feeling of power.

I do think there is an atraction towards people who like similar things to ourselves, regardless of sexuality. So if for example a woman enjoys watching a film in her PJ's with a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of wine, then naturally she would like to do this with another like minded person, male or female. I also think that men are socially expected to have bravado and not openly or publicly show affection. There is not the same social expectation of women, and open or public displays of affection are accepted. This leads to a screwed perception of all women being bisexual.

I would like to think that the same open and public displays of affection that are common among women will one day be common among men without predjadis or the judgement of others.

We are all different and our ability to show understanding and affection to people should be celebrated and not judged or ridiculed.

Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

I know I'm completely streight, and my biggest turn on is getting a man aroused, that trouser bulge that says you have my attention, I just love the feeling of power.

I do think there is an atraction towards people who like similar things to ourselves, regardless of sexuality. So if for example a woman enjoys watching a film in her PJ's with a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of wine, then naturally she would like to do this with another like minded person, male or female. I also think that men are socially expected to have bravado and not openly or publicly show affection. There is not the same social expectation of women, and open or public displays of affection are accepted. This leads to a screwed perception of all women being bisexual.

I would like to think that the same open and public displays of affection that are common among women will one day be common among men without predjadis or the judgement of others.

We are all different and our ability to show understanding and affection to people should be celebrated and not judged or ridiculed.

this ^^ with bells on.

Boaso [sign in to see picture]

Women have a more fluid sexuality than men in average, which provides a survival advantage. I was actually writing an evolutionary biology paper on this years ago.

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

I'm just going to say a big fat NO on this one.

I think a lot of women are encouraged to experiment in a way that men are discouraged from (toxic masculinity... ew....) but that has nothing to do with sexuality as a descriptor. It's social conditioning. I've been on the receiving end of a lot of clearly heterosexual women treating me like an experiment and then 'realising' that they don't actually have an interrest in women sexually. Often it's actually for the attention of men, which is problematic as a statement, I know, but unfortunately true in some cases. I think it's a way of expressing that you're a sexual person and open with getting slut shamed to the same degree.

Also, I don't buy the Kinsey Scale. It doesn't include asexuality, take into account people's perception of intimacy (i.e. whether they need sex or not for this), understanding of commitment, or concepts of beauty without sexual arousal.

Boaso [sign in to see picture]

I agree with discounting the Kinsey Scale. It's treats sexuality as something innate and not open, like you said, to conditioning or neuroplasticity, nor does it account for mood and survival.

femmetastic [sign in to see picture]

I'm definitely a card-carrying kinsey 6/exclusively lesbian and do believe it is something that is innate personally mind. That said, I am an incredibly open-minded person and can understand how many find that view of sexuality somewhat inadequate or restrictive. I know I am 100% gay (men just do not interest me in that way - no matter how hard I tried to convince myself otherwise for years). So, I can totally understand women identifying as 100% straight or somewhere in between. I don't buy into it personally - although that would be awesome...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.