• Permanent hair removal?

    1327269084
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Hey everyone,

    Did a forum search and found a few people who've done this, but nothing much on what it's like to do.

    Leg and pubic hair shaving is becoming an increasing pain, and I'd like to have it removed at least semi-permanently. I've been considering getting my legs waxed but I'm way too much of a wuss to get my pubes done the same way.

    Been looking into laser removal. I know it's expensive, but I don't mind paying out a bit of money if it works and is truly permanent.

    Also been looking at epilators, but most of them are a bit expensive and I want to make sure I'm getting something good.

    Throw me some advice peeps!

    1327270045
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System-Epilator/dp/B004EF010Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1327265512&sr=1-1

    It seems expensive but all the reviews are positively glowing. My only concern is that if I'm too much of a wuss to use it lol, I have pretty low pain tolerance.

    I'd like to get my pubes permanently removed, but part of me is wary. It's such a pain, but I'm just thinking if I ever broke up with my boyfriend and ended up with someone else who didn't like the bare look I'd regret it.

    1327272890
    Monkeyboy32 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 72
    • Joined: 11 Sep 2011

    Ecksvie wrote:

    I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System-Epilator/dp/B004EF010Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1327265512&sr=1-1

    It seems expensive but all the reviews are positively glowing. My only concern is that if I'm too much of a wuss to use it lol, I have pretty low pain tolerance.

    I'd like to get my pubes permanently removed, but part of me is wary. It's such a pain, but I'm just thinking if I ever broke up with my boyfriend and ended up with someone else who didn't like the bare look I'd regret it.

    My OH has one very similar and finds it WAY too painful to epilate but she is very sensitive and prefers the VEET, she's also talked about laser hair removal but refuses on principle of cost (Also she wants a holiday in Norway!!)

    I'll give the epilator a test for you if you like?? (although not too sensitive I am a bit of a Wuss when it comes to pain) Might be a laugh!

    1327274710
    Honeytongue [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 289
    • Joined: 13 Jun 2009

    I use an epilator. It was tricky/ ouchy at first - but if you shave it all off and then use the epilator as it regrows it is fine. The hairs grow back thinner and slower over time so it gets easier and easier.

    1327275087
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    Monkeyboy32 wrote:

    Ecksvie wrote:

    I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System-Epilator/dp/B004EF010Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1327265512&sr=1-1

    It seems expensive but all the reviews are positively glowing. My only concern is that if I'm too much of a wuss to use it lol, I have pretty low pain tolerance.

    I'd like to get my pubes permanently removed, but part of me is wary. It's such a pain, but I'm just thinking if I ever broke up with my boyfriend and ended up with someone else who didn't like the bare look I'd regret it.

    My OH has one very similar and finds it WAY too painful to epilate but she is very sensitive and prefers the VEET, she's also talked about laser hair removal but refuses on principle of cost (Also she wants a holiday in Norway!!)

    I'll give the epilator a test for you if you like?? (although not too sensitive I am a bit of a Wuss when it comes to pain) Might be a laugh!

    I found that same epilator cheaper on eBay so I closed my eyes and pressed some buttons. That's an offer I can't refuse though, just for the lol factor haha!

    I read some more reviews and they all seem to suggest that the more you use it, the less it hurts each time. Here's hoping the first time isn't so painful I never go back to it.

    1327275916
    bobalo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 7
    • Joined: 12 Nov 2007

    my oh got a silk epil epilator a while back, mainly for her legs, she was going to try it on her pubes, but decided she'd try her armpits first! never even bothered attempting going anywhere other than her legs with it after, although it did come with loads of attachments for trimming etc

    1327277204
    Monkeyboy32 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 72
    • Joined: 11 Sep 2011

    Ecksvie wrote:

    Monkeyboy32 wrote:

    Ecksvie wrote:

    I was looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Braun-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System-Epilator/dp/B004EF010Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1327265512&sr=1-1

    It seems expensive but all the reviews are positively glowing. My only concern is that if I'm too much of a wuss to use it lol, I have pretty low pain tolerance.

    I'd like to get my pubes permanently removed, but part of me is wary. It's such a pain, but I'm just thinking if I ever broke up with my boyfriend and ended up with someone else who didn't like the bare look I'd regret it.

    My OH has one very similar and finds it WAY too painful to epilate but she is very sensitive and prefers the VEET, she's also talked about laser hair removal but refuses on principle of cost (Also she wants a holiday in Norway!!)

    I'll give the epilator a test for you if you like?? (although not too sensitive I am a bit of a Wuss when it comes to pain) Might be a laugh!

    I found that same epilator cheaper on eBay so I closed my eyes and pressed some buttons. That's an offer I can't refuse though, just for the lol factor haha!

    I read some more reviews and they all seem to suggest that the more you use it, the less it hurts each time. Here's hoping the first time isn't so painful I never go back to it.

    Very well! I shall attempt it this week as it's quiet at work (I work from home btw so won't have to get the groin out in an office ) and let you know.........oh crap! It sounds like some sort of torture device when you turn it on!!

    1327369346
    Janny [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 17 May 2011

    Personal, but don't get rid of your pubes. It is sexy.

    1327389176
    jeeoran [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 9
    • Joined: 22 Dec 2011

    smooth and clean body is always attraction point.

    1327452216
    S&S [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 506
    • Joined: 13 Feb 2011

    Janny wrote:

    Personal, but don't get rid of your pubes. It is sexy.

    This. Keep them trimmed, but do not get rid of them permanently. There's something naturally sexy about hair down there and I wouldn't want to see a girl without some. Just an opinion on the other side of the coin.

    1327454207
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    My boyfriend likes it shaven, and I feel better shaven because I feel embarrassed asking him to do oral if I'm hairy down there. My concern is just if we ever split up and I ended up with someone who liked pubes I'd regret having it done.

    I'd heard about having to have the top up sessions but I consider having to back once or twice a year permanent enough.

    Just waiting for my epilator to turn up now. I'm sure it can't end well lol! I'll keep you guys posted though.

    1327478136
    M & A [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 92
    • Joined: 27 Nov 2011

    I am too looking for an alternative to shaving as I do like to keep things trimmed, keep us posted Ecksvie and hope it doesn't cause too much pain x

    1327691889
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    The epilator arrived on Wednesday so though I'd best make an update!

    It does hurt, but not as much as I thought it was going to. Mine came with an ice glove that you put in the freezer, which was a very welcome addition as it did make a difference when you're not used to it. I managed to grin and bear it and get both legs done, though it did take a while with my low pain threshold, doing little areas at a time. Mine had a soft setting and a fast setting, but I found the fast setting was better because it just got the job over and done with, whereas with the "soft" setting you could feel it tugging at each individual hair. I wanted to just go right up the leg and get it done quickly like you would with waxing but I'm a pansy and it was too much lol!

    I've had to do a little top up tonight, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and say it was a few hairs that have either grown through that weren't there when I did it on Wednesday or ones that I missed the first time around. Apart from that, my legs are still every bit as smooth as they were two days ago and I'll be interested to see how long it lasts - it's already lasted longer than I'd get with shaving.

    I think the first time, when you're getting all the hair off at once is the worst, and I did have to take my time as it hurt! But when you're just doing the odd hair it's not even half as bad and completely bearable for the minute or so it takes. I think it's something that's definitely worth keeping up with. :)

    I did have a go at my pubes but it hurts a lot more down there and I dont think it's something I'd be able to do. It's also a problem because you can't really keep the skin taut (which makes it hurt less). Not tried underarms yet but I imagine that'll hurt too much. For legs though, it's fantastic.

    1327741278
    Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 349
    • Joined: 3 Feb 2011

    I use moom sugaring wax on my pubic area. I hurt a bit the first time but now I don't really feel it at all and it lasts up to 8 weeks.

    Unlike wax the moom doesn't stick to the skin only the hair so it doesn't hurt as much and its water soluble so if you make a mistake or change your mind you can wash it off!

    Its avaliable from amazon or from their own site for about £15 for a big jar.

    I tried an epilator on my legs once and my god never again! It left my legs sore for days

    1327746775
    Sarebear [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 26
    • Joined: 30 Apr 2010

    Epilators are great and so is waxing :) waxing can last 4-6 weeks

    1329838843
    Hottie_Pants [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 26 Jan 2009

    I am in the process of having laser hair removal on my bikini line and under arm and it is the best decision I ever made. It's fantastic! I got a deal on groupon for around £100 for 6 sessions. A few years ago I had a few on my bikini line and it hasn't really grown back much so this is more of a top up as they say you need 6 or more ideally.

    It is expensive but there are often deals on groupon so keep an eye out. I would 100% recommend it and with the new technology, it can be used on fair hair now.

    Its interesting what some have said about some men preferring pubes. I am left with a Brazilian style strip so I guess I better stay with my current OH!! There is no going back now!

    1329848328
    Incendiaire [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 155
    • Joined: 19 Sep 2011

    I keep seeing this thing called a "No!No!" advertised on late night teleshopping, which is for semi-permenant hair removal.

    It might be worth looking into: www.trynono.com

    1330046612
    atlanta [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 289
    • Joined: 9 Apr 2009

    Check out the reviews of the NoNo on Amazon. I counted about 10 good reviews 9 moderates and over a 100 negative ones.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.