• Is sex ok every day if ttc?

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

Me and my other half are ttc, and we have been BD every day for a week prior to my ov and for a few days after. I have read that if ttc it's best to BD every other or every 2-3 days, but is ok every day if he is healthy/good sperm count. Whilst we don't know what my oh sperm count is like, he is very healthy, he eats right, exercises regularly, doesn't smoke and very rarely drinks. So I suppose that will go in our favour. I was just wondering if we have lowered our chances by BD every night to ttc?

Also whilst I'm here, I know I should probably mention on a seperate post that my opk showed positive last sun at 8 am and 10 am, but come 1 and 4 pm it was negative, it was also negative the sat eve before at about 9pm and for the whole day in fact. Why such a short surge, then to top it off, I am sure I had another psositive surge yesterday afternoon at around 3pm, but negative again at 8pm that eve last night. What's going on???? I hope I ov when the sun positive showed up as if it was yesterday/today then my luteal phase won't be long enough as af is due on sat 28th jan.

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

yep fine, the more sex you have the better, I know some people think every other day produces better quality sperm but the more you shoot at a target the more likely you are to hit it, I think that we were doing it twice a day when trying for our son.

I don't know anything about ovulation tests I never did them

thanks boobaloo, how long was it that you were trying twice a day before you were successful in conceiving your son? I'm just worried as each day that we BD it seems to take oh longer and longer to orgasm, maybe thinking nothing will come out.lol. It's so exhausting.

x

lols, it took us 6 weeks for me to get pregnant with my son, but we waited about 10months after me coming off the pill before trying (lots of gyno probs meant I had to wait, long story but all ok now), we decided to start trying end of July and I was pregnant by the end of August/September time

Thats amazing and truly inspirational, and it makes me feel more positive about my own self and fertility. You may have read I had some endometriosis removed last year and gynae gave me 18 months before it's return, saying I should ttc very soon if I wish to have children, hence the whole crazy baby thing with us now.lol.

x

we did ttc last month but it didn't happen, I feel we were a bit too early for my ov day and a couple days late afterwards. And I also believe it was my bodys way of telling me it needed a little more time to get ready after I had only had my mirena removed about 5 weeks prior, and my endo op last july. So, I don't know if you can really count last month as ttc?

x

it will happen for you, you just need to think positive, and have lots of sex, alot people don't have enough when they are trying and then wonder why it takes so long, honesly if you want a baby there is no such thing as to much sex.

18months plenty of time, just keep trying xx

Thanks boobaloo, will keep you updated!

x

Rowan [sign in to see picture]

Relax. Try to keep have sex as you normally would and not as a mission to conceive, Stress won't help, orgasms are meant to be of benefit, and if just having lots of sex you don't need to pay and faff with ov tests etc Good luck! x

Thanks Rowan. I still like to do ov tests as I am still not sure when I ov, it doesn't stay the same each month. And I don't have a one size fits all standard 28 day cycle. I only get the cheapie internet ones, they are good enough.

x

Thanks Rowan. I still like to do ov tests as I am still not sure when I ov, it doesn't stay the same each month. And I don't have a one size fits all standard 28 day cycle. I only get the cheapie internet ones, they are good enough.

x

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Have you thought about joining any pregnancy or fertility forums where people might know more than here? Your questions are very niche and am sure there must be places where there is a bigger pool of people who know more which would help you get answers quicker?

I know nothing about any of this tho, I just don't like to think of you waiting here for the handful of people who may or may not know the answer, for example, I have no clue what BD means whereas a fertility forum etc the users would. Am sure they exist as I have a friend who has had several cycles of IVF and she used to use them.

Good luck with it, all I can think to add is to try to relax about it, my Great Gran always used to say babies don't come in stressed environments, and she had 16 children..... which to my mind would cause immense stress, haha! I know it's hard as you have a deadline but putting yourself under pressure will soon start to have an adverse affect.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

ronnie-baby wrote:

Thats amazing and truly inspirational, and it makes me feel more positive about my own self and fertility. You may have read I had some endometriosis removed last year and gynae gave me 18 months before it's return, saying I should ttc very soon if I wish to have children, hence the whole crazy baby thing with us now.lol.

x

I know with endo it can take a long time to conceive - try not to stress yourself out too much. My mum had endo before having me and at 24 was told "now or never" but it took her 2 years to conceive. Please try not to stress yourself out too much!

I can't help with the question at hand, but I do think it's worth reading around the subject as stress will only make it harder to conceive!

Adx

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

No, sex every day will take his sperm count down, medical world would advise every other day, at once a day

I have joined 2 or 3 baby/parent forums, but alot of the members just tend to read the posts and not reply, so it's a waste of time really. They seem too comsumed up in their own affairs posted on the sites.

x

Very few people have the 'standard' 28 day cycle. Honestly I'm still amazed by people who can accurately predict the start of periods to within 48 hours!

The baby/ parent forums seem to be quite prone to bitchiness Worth trying for support though :)
    Your body will probably have benefited from the rest after mirena removal anyway and the fluctuations could be caused by hormones settling a bit. Please try not to get to caught up in tactical sex. Plenty of time for that AFTER any baby arrival. Just try to revel in not having to plan a decent session like a military operation I've heard people recommend drinking pink grapefruit juice and specific yoghurts but really, just live healthily and don't smoke seem to be the sensible bits :)

Your partner isn't likely to run out of sperm any time soon and your body has needed some recovery time post op, loves x

thanks Rowan, I just hope we didnt bed too much before ovulation and his sperm count wasn't enough to catch the egg.

x

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

My best advice, if you're tcc'g; Stop trying to make a baby and start having fun ;)

Only takes one

Dee_licious333 [sign in to see picture]

What is TTC and BD???.. sorry if i sound naive!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.